Conversions, Transplants, & Swaps Anything from the EJ20 into an RS to port-a-potties into an STi. Anything about engine and tranny swapping.

Would love the help

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 02:08 AM

Car Info: 2002 Wrx Wagon
Would love the help

I recently have parked My 02 WRX Wagon Auto due to a tranny problem when ever i hit the gas it stutters and will never grab. if done slow i can accelerate to TOPS 40mph,( found that out trying to get it somewhere safe and close) I recently had replaced the rear diff as i had a problem wih it chunking and binding up, anyway this all happened very suddenly from being parked to taking a quick drive somewhere, with no problems to parked for a few hours, and immediately,when i started it extremely bad, not driveable. car shudders and will not grab, revs fine, even in D not moving, my car slightly jolted forward under complete brake. as if the torque converter was grabbing than releasing. tried running through gears keeping in 1 or 2 but it does not matter what gear. it seems to shift fine through the gears just wont grab.
i dont know what this is, very tortured from it since me driving my car is my life.
PLEASE IMPREZA DRIVERS UNITE HELP ME PLEASE
AN Ultimate Subaru FAN,
James Kavanagh
Old 02-02-2007, 08:03 PM

Car Info: 95 impreza
Cool tranny problems

The first thing I think you should do is find the FWD(front wheel drive) fuse slot under the hood . It should be near the underhood fuse box, and install a 20amp fuse in it. This will force the car to run in front wheel drive mode.
So if the problem goes away it must be a problem with the rear diff and if the problem remains it is something with the tranny
Also I assume you checked the tranny fluid and front and rear diff fluids for proper level and signs of metalic debris.
good luck.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:52 AM

Car Info: 2002 Wrx Wagon
I just replaced the rear diff, but it is also not just in the rear it runs all tires, I know what it feels like to have the rear diff go out.
And yes levels are correct.