Conversions, Transplants, & Swaps Anything from the EJ20 into an RS to port-a-potties into an STi. Anything about engine and tranny swapping.

ok, ok, wait just a minute, what?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 01:00 PM

Car Info: 1996 impreza
ok, ok, wait just a minute, what?

Hello,

This is my first post here (I'm new sorry). I have just bought a 1.8 1996 impreza 2dr brighton. The engine has 150,000 on it and is on it's last leg. The body is mint, as well is the interior. 1 owner female from boston mass. Now I have been doing a ton of resurch on engine swaps for this car. Now I am really confused. I have the ability to get any engine any part for this swap as I am good friends with the local subaru shop here. So what i'm asking is what do I need? I'm being told by many on the web that it's just drop in the 2.5 plug it in and go. Now I'm being told it's not that easy. Why is it not that easy? There the same engine just different litres right? Why cant the 1.8 ecu work for the 2.5. I dont know what is going on here.

What it is that I'm looking to do is swap out the 1.8 for the 2.5 It will always be a n/a car as I dont have the patience for turbo charged vehicals. The swap needs to be simple and reliable I dont want to be out on some vermont back road and have my car die from wiring related issue. Well that will end it. What do you recomend

thanks for any help.