Conversions, Transplants, & Swaps Anything from the EJ20 into an RS to port-a-potties into an STi. Anything about engine and tranny swapping.

Need help with ideas.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 03:31 AM

Car Info: 1993 Impreza 1.8L
Red face Need help with ideas.......

First off I would like to say hello. Just joined the site not too long ago when I bought my first Imperza. I am new to the Subaru world. And have no clue as to where to start with my car. I have only beed around Toyotas and Chevys. I know I am probly asking questions that have been asked before in other threads but can not seem to find anything.
Frist. Is it possible to go from a FWD to a AWD? I plain on doing an engine swap (not to sure what engine I should get yet). But just wondering if I could change drive lines while I had everything out.
Secound. Is it very common for Imperzas to leak oil like there is no tomorrow? The Subaru shop said it was about $500 to change the front seals (which I am having done. Hated the looks I got driving it home and smoking like crazy).
Third. My shift lever has alot of slop in it (while in gear you can move it side to side as if in netural and hard to find the gears at times). Any ideas of what I can do to fix it and what might cause that to happen in the first place?
Third. Is there and thing i can do to make my 1.8L a little more powerful for the time being? It has and intake on it already. Would like to get an exhaust system for it but have not been able to find one for a 93 1.8L. And does anyone know where i can get a header for it? Or if anyone makes headers for a 1.8L?
Lastly. What would I need to do to do a rear disk brake conversion? Or where can I get a rear disk brake kit?
If there is anything else that you guys can think of that might help make a good car better please let me know.
I think that is about all for now. Do not want to be too much of a pain on my first post .
Thanks for the help.

Last edited by 93Subaru; 04-19-2006 at 03:43 AM.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:27 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...ght=conversion