Conversions, Transplants, & Swaps Anything from the EJ20 into an RS to port-a-potties into an STi. Anything about engine and tranny swapping.

03 wrx suspension,,, what should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 08:17 AM

Car Info: 03 wrx
03 wrx suspension,,, what should I do?

I want to upgrade my suspension. Maybe just lowering springs but was looking for ideas about what I should do.

What would it take to convert a 03 WRX suspension to a 04 (or newer) STI suspension??

Please any input will help.....

Thanks
Old 04-28-2007, 08:25 AM
BAM9 Ladies choice Carshow winner

Car Info: 13 FR-S/05 STI
Pick up some swift springs and (yellow koni inserts/ u don't need this, but it would be nice), new sway bars, endlinks, front and rear strut bar.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:29 AM

what does the Koni inserts do??
Old 04-28-2007, 08:30 AM

is an 04-05 STI suspension possible on my 03???????
Old 04-28-2007, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by wrxmthoodlum
is an 04-05 STI suspension possible on my 03???????
this set up will be much better than the STI. I'm pretty much sure that the 2004 STI suspension setup will work out fine. . . . As for koni inserts

"Taken from www.subydude.com"

The KONI Sport product line is one of our specialties. KONI serves sporting drivers with a carefully designed range of sport shock absorbers and suspension kits with lowering springs. This line focuses on exceptional road-holding and handling properties, combined with an acceptable level of comfort. Its characteristics include responsive steering, improved body control and limited body movements when braking and accelerating, all resulting in a direct feel and excellent wheel-road contact. ADJUSTMENT AT THE TURN OF A HAND Many of the KONI Sport dampers are externally adjustable by means of a ****, so they need not be disassembled from the car. The fine-tuning of the damping forces to personal driving style and to different driving conditions is therefore not more than a matter of seconds. The best of fine-tuning technology straight from the world of Formula 1 racing. The sporting motorist who wants nothing but the very best in road-holding is offered a unique range of KONI suspension kits: complete kits consisting of matching KONI Sport shock absorbers and lowering springs. These kits will give the car absolutely superb road-holding qualities and the looks of a real sports car. With KONI lowering springs the centre of gravity of the car is lowered. Combined with a firmer suspension this will result in even better steering qualities and reduced body movement. The use of lowering springs requires special damping characteristics: the mere application of stiffer springs together with ordinary shock absorbers often has a negative impact on road-holding and comfort, and may even lead to dangerous situations. Therefore, KONl's product range offers you complete suspension kits consisting of matching springs and dampers. Of course, the lowering is limited to such an extent that the car will still remain suitable for normal street use. In the development of shock absorbers. The KONl research engineers find themselves supported by KONl's many years of know-how and experience in motor racing. Ever since 1955 KONI has held a prominent position in the racing world: 13 World Championships in Formula 1 need no further proof. In addition there have been numerous victories in all categories of motor racing, e.g. Le Mans and Indy races.

**Note**: These are inserts, meaning they are be inserted into an exsisting strut housing. We highly suggest that these be installed my a professional mechanic or performance shop.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:43 AM

i use to live near Colorado, got to www.sc-power.com. . .they should be near you. They can help you out with your performance goals. But make sure you shop around, or even use www. craigslist.com and search for used auto parts. . .good luck with your future set up