Is it wrong to want an Evo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 02:33 PM

Car Info: '14 Wrx Hatchback
Is it wrong to want an Evo?

What better topic to wake up this sleep CV crowd than a hot button item like this. Recently I started considering a trade for an Evo9 or X and when I mentioned it to a few subie ppl, you would have thought I was converting from Christianity to Islam(no offense to anyone). So part of the argument I have heard is longevity and "it's only a 2 liter", however the car makes very good power with the potential for a ton more and it handles Sooooo much better. On the Evo forums it seems everyone who ownes an Evo had a subie before, that seems a bit puzzling. If I were to switch sides I would miss 2 things greatly.
1. That boxer rumble! It is unmistakable and is my fav exh note
2. The wave. Seems everyone that drives a Wrx or Sti gives a wave as they pass, I think that is very unique.

So I've stirred the pot now let's liven this site up!
Old 07-15-2011, 02:53 PM

Car Info: 2002 BRP 2.5RS
Yes it is wrong. Now go stand in the corner!

To each there own man. If you like it then go for it! Try it out for a bit and if it's not for you we'll aways welcome you back. Diversity is the spice of life, so go and mix it up with the Evo's for a bit. Just don't forget us.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:02 PM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
I'm probably going to have an evoX at some point in my life...they look very nice and full exhaust+injectors+E85=
Old 07-15-2011, 03:09 PM

Car Info: WRX
you're going to become an *******.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:41 PM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
When you have to look at the interior 100% of the time when you drive the car, the Evo interior makes me sad. The Subaru interior is by no stretch fantastic, but much better than the Lancer interior. As for the power, yes they make more power easily. Yes they handle sharper out of the box. If you plan on modding either car, you can make them both handle phenomenally. As for the exterior looks, I am still more of a Subaru fan than I am of the Evo. I just don't really like looking at them nearly as much as I do Subarus, and I do like some Evos for sure (mostly the evo3-6).

I think the Impreza has a better chassis but the Evo has the better electronic controls
Old 07-15-2011, 03:44 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
my friends got an evo8 or 9, i dont remember, all i know is that its loud, creaky, uncomfortable, but FREAKIN fast...

felt like a mitsubishi lancer with a lot of power and sport interior

ive been in a few powerful stis and they just have a different, more comfortable/manageable demeanor

im a subaruian ...or subaruist whatever hah, havent ever liked mistubishis besides the starion
Old 07-15-2011, 03:44 PM

Car Info: sold: 06 wrx
Haha I just started a part out and sold half my set up because I wanted to switch to an evo. I'm keepin the suby though only because evos are so expensive. I don't really want to get another 25k car loan and if you try to but from a private seller most on have mods already and good luck gettin that to pass smog for the sale

Last edited by achavez; 07-15-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Is it wrong to want your girlfriend's slightly less attractive friend just because you think she might be crazier in bed than your current choice?
Old 07-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Is it wrong to want your girlfriend's slightly less attractive friend just because you think she might be crazier in bed than your current choice?
from experience... after we broke up... the friend was crazier in bed... and only slightly less attractive haha.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:05 PM

Car Info: San Remo Red '05 WRX
Please buy an Evo!
Too many people are getting Subarus anyways.
We could use a loss of a few Subaru owners.
=]
Kbye
Old 07-15-2011, 05:20 PM

Car Info: "Shadow"
Imho the best ever model is the Evo IX MR in graphite grey, if i found a low mileage, bone stock, perfect condition one i'd get it in a heartbeat, but that'll never happen, not with those cars. I like Evo X's front face but that's it, the rest is ugly imho. It had sooo much potential, with that aggressive *** face & all. As you noticed, both my STi & the Evo IX i love so much were both 06 models, best year period. The pinnacle of both rally brands!
Old 07-21-2011, 07:39 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB
is it wrong to want an Evo? No.......can i see YOU in a Evo? NO, you'r a subie guy....nuffsaid.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:48 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
ive always wanted a evo just because of the easy power. Will i get one? prob not cus for some reason idk why..
Old 07-21-2011, 08:32 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM Impreza WRX/ 1998 RBP Impreza 2.5RS
No it's not wrong to want any car. **** it's not wrong to want a Civic. Evo's are amazing cars, and they handle great, make excellent power.

I would like to say however for daily driving the Evo-X is by far the best daily driving evo. A little bit better put together and what not.

Test drive the Evo for a while and see what you really think. They're fast, awd and the computer really helps the car put the power down.

Subaru's drive a bit differently. Some people like the way the Subaru's feel compared to the Evo's. Some people like the Evo's compared the Subaru. It's all driver preference.

I'd love to own a unmolested Evo, but that's really hard to find.

I'll stick to my Subaru. Possibly buy an Evo down the road. who knows. I'd still rather daily drive a subaru w/ UEL header or EL header & catback than daily a evo w/ full turbo back.

Both cars can be your daily driver, race car, grocery getter, weekend toy, whatever. Test them and don't ask us. (sorry if that sounded mean lol)
Old 07-21-2011, 09:55 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Some people say cucumbers are better pickled....wait....what?

Quick Reply: Is it wrong to want an Evo?