Americas Tire (rant)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 01:17 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Now I know why America's Tire sounds familiar...

A friend of mine got some tires from them once. He almost made it all the way home.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:32 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Sucks all you guys had a bad experience. the americas tire up here is awesome. Never ever had a problem with them. Had them price match tire rack and the dude kinda messed up on the price matching. Went to get them put on and guy was like um yeah we price match the tire but there is a $20 install per tire fee. Told them I was quoted one thing and they honored it. Went in there originally to have a tire patched and they did that for free.99. I bought the extra warranty because our cars are awd. They said they would pay for first tire and pro rate out the other 3 if something came up.

About 3 months later wifeys car (prius at the time) gets a flat, non repairable. I go an buy a tire that was the same as her others and take it to americas tire. Not only did they mount and balance for free, but they sold me the same tire for way cheaper than the bridgestone place. i just took the other back to bridgestone and got my money back.

Since then thats the only place I go.

Now wheel works sucks gigantic donkey dick.
Wheel works left my 3 lug nuts loose once, another time broke a stud and didnt tell me ( i only went back because they gave me a killer ****ing deal on a set of yokohamas because of the **** up) let me drive away with only 4 lugs on, and then when I had them fix that they left 1 of he god damn lug nuts loose again. mother ****ers.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:37 AM

Car Info: '11 SWP WRX 5-Spd Hatch
Kuhmo's are far from being bottom line tires, but I would only honor proration warranty at my store if the tires were properly maintained. Meaning tire rotation every 5-6k miles and alignment every year or 10k miles.

OP, check your receipt for the mileage warranty on your tires, or go back to the shop and have them pull up the UTQG for the tires you purchased.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:04 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Originally Posted by narstune
Kuhmo's are far from being bottom line tires, but I would only honor proration warranty at my store if the tires were properly maintained. Meaning tire rotation every 5-6k miles and alignment every year or 10k miles.

OP, check your receipt for the mileage warranty on your tires, or go back to the shop and have them pull up the UTQG for the tires you purchased.
Good point.

Not trying to sound like a dick or anything, but cords at 50% doesn't sound properly maintained. And 2 and 70%, 1 at 60% and 1 at 50% doesn't sound rotated either.

What's going on with your tires bro?
Old 03-29-2011, 09:01 AM

Car Info: '14 Wrx Hatchback
Properly maintained? I checked air press and had them rotated once. My potenzas lasted 40k miles. The car is a grocery getter. I was sold a "one star tire" and was told they were superior to the toyos I had asked for, so they sold me garbage knowing I would be back real soon for a new tire but of course I would need a new set because you can't put only one on an AWD car
Old 03-29-2011, 10:42 AM

Car Info: '11 SWP WRX 5-Spd Hatch
Originally Posted by damianwrb07
Properly maintained? I checked air press and had them rotated once. My potenzas lasted 40k miles. The car is a grocery getter. I was sold a "one star tire" and was told they were superior to the toyos I had asked for, so they sold me garbage knowing I would be back real soon for a new tire but of course I would need a new set because you can't put only one on an AWD car
I'm not accusing you of anything, but tires are like an engine. If you can't prove or haven't been doing the oil change periodically, then it's kind of hard to get the engine warrantied if it doesn't last.

Check the owner's manual for the tire rotation/alignment interval. If you can prove that you've done everything you can to help prolong the life of the tires and the tire shop still denies you warranty (if there is any), then by all means get a hold of the B.A.R. I'm sure they can get them to prorate those tires for you no problem.

But like I said earlier, have the shop show you the UTQG rating, or give me the size and model of the tires and I'll tell you if they have any warranty on them.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
Originally Posted by CornFed
This is why I love my low budget tire shops. $260-280 for my cheapo Wanlis or Sunnys, and Im good to go!

Thats messed up though Damian that they tried to switch things up on you like that!
ha ha i thought i was the only one who used wanlis and sunny... but i get the nexen n3000 for 280...
Old 03-30-2011, 10:04 AM

Car Info: 2015 FXT
Originally Posted by CornFed
This is why I love my low budget tire shops. $260-280 for my cheapo Wanlis or Sunnys, and Im good to go!

Thats messed up though Damian that they tried to switch things up on you like that!
Just be careful with the Wanlis... I used to work at Les Schwab and we sold them and were replacing them left in right because of cracking on the sidewalls causing blowouts. Ever since then I believe they stopped selling them.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:05 AM

Car Info: 2015 FXT
Originally Posted by damianwrb07
Les Schwabs the only place for Toyo's... thats like their bread and butter there
Old 03-30-2011, 10:26 PM

Car Info: 1988 Yoda
tire rack and get someone else to mount and balance them... end of story.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:39 PM

Car Info: 2010 Impreza 2.5i Premium Boosted
^^^ Thats what I would do. I have the mount and balance machines in my garage if anyone local wants to come by and use it just hit me up!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:42 PM

Car Info: WRX
Originally Posted by RodriguezGD
ha ha i thought i was the only one who used wanlis and sunny... but i get the nexen n3000 for 280...
Who's got the nexens?
Old 03-30-2011, 11:03 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM Impreza WRX/ 1998 RBP Impreza 2.5RS
Hmm.... I just got a full set of hankook v12's for 582.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:56 PM

Car Info: 1988 Yoda
http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/Ti...rchDiameter=17
Old 03-31-2011, 08:04 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

^^Their selection kinda blows.

Quick Reply: Americas Tire (rant)