Americas Tire (rant)

Old 03-28-2011, 06:48 PM

Car Info: '14 Wrx Hatchback
Americas Tire (rant)

One year ago I purchased a set of Kuhmo ast tires and put 10k miles on them.Saturday morning I walked into my garage to find my drivers side front tire flat, I put air in the tire and drove to Americas tire to get the tire repaired. Upon inspection we realized that I had excessive wear on all four tires and the salesman suggested I replace all four. I asked about the warranty and he replied"these tires are bottom of the line and have no warranty". When I originally bought the tires I had asked for a different set but they were not in stock as they had promised me earlier so they would give me a "far better set" for the same price. I agreed thinking I was getting a steal.If I would have insisted apon the kumho tires then the warrant thing would have been my fault but these tires were suggested to me by the salesman. Americas tire refused to sell me one tire saying that because of the all-wheel drive system they all needed to be within a 1/16 wear or the transmission would be ruined within weeks. A big FU*# You to Americas tire for selling me garbage tires telling me they were superior with no warranty and then attempting to sell me 4 new tires.Not only will I never buy a thing from them I am going to bash and badmouth them every time the opportunity comes around
Old 03-28-2011, 06:53 PM

Car Info: 2010 Impreza 2.5i Premium Boosted
Usually if you buy tires there and have AWD they will give you one tire for free and another one for the "pro-rate". I havn't been to the one your were at but I havn't had a problem. Because our cars are all wheel drive it is important to at least get 2 tires even if only 1 has a problem. Hope everything works out!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:03 PM

Car Info: E85 Tuned
This is why I love my low budget tire shops. $260-280 for my cheapo Wanlis or Sunnys, and Im good to go!

Thats messed up though Damian that they tried to switch things up on you like that!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by iDriveMyi
Usually if you buy tires there and have AWD they will give you one tire for free and another one for the "pro-rate". I havn't been to the one your were at but I havn't had a problem. Because our cars are all wheel drive it is important to at least get 2 tires even if only 1 has a problem. Hope everything works out!
They tried to sell me two for $240. The point is they sold me tires that had no warranty and they lasted 10k miles no pro rate just Fu*# you
Old 03-28-2011, 07:38 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Bummer, did they at least repair the flat? How much tread is left on them?

Yeah Khumo is a bottom line brand but there are still brands that are lower than them. What tires were you originally trying to get?
Old 03-28-2011, 07:46 PM

^^^ the tire had cord showing and 2 tires are at 70% 1 at 60 and 50% for the last. I believe they were toyos
Old 03-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Ya i had a bad experience with that a while back.

I went in and ordered 4 new contiextremecontacts and they said they should arrive soon. Well I drove the 15mins home and right when I pull up i got a phone call "your tires are in"... I was like uhhh are you sure cuz i JUST got home from ordering them. They told me yup they are here. Well since I just got home I wasnt about to drive back over there so I told them I would go in the AM.

The next day I called them again to make sure the tires really were there. They said yes again. So dropped off my car and the wife picked me up and headed to my parents house. Gave them a few hours before headin back to the shop.

They hadnt even touched my car.

Sit in the waiting room for another 45mins when a guy comes out and tells me "um yea, so uh, your tires arnt in"....... I was pissed. Told them I asked yesterday and this morning and they told me yes they were. He said that they have "these" tires in stock that will fit my car. So I ask them "are they mud/snow tires too?" Guy replies, "no, did you want m/s?".. Umm yea...

So they ended up giving me bf goodrich super sport g forces that are slightly more expensive and higher rated for what i paid for the other tires. So I figure ok, fine i just had to waste a little bit of my time but its all working out. So they pull my car in and start the job.

As im watching, dude SCRAPES my rims on each other! After they finish i go and check my rims out and sure enough two of them are scratched. Called the manager over and showed him and he gave me some money back to fix them. So over all it worked out, but it was still a huge PITA
Old 03-28-2011, 08:16 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by damianwrb07
^^^ the tire had cord showing and 2 tires are at 70% 1 at 60 and 50% for the last. I believe they were toyos
Cords showing at 50%? What?

This whole thread just gives me more reason as to why I no longer go to tire chain stores.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
Cords showing at 50%? What?

This whole thread just gives me more reason as to why I no longer go to tire chain stores.
Yes,50% after 10 k miles and cords showing. Keep in mind this car is stock suspension and stock wheels
Old 03-28-2011, 09:03 PM

Car Info: "Shadow"
That's exactly why i go to Les Schwab for tires! Boy, do i have an America's Tire horror story for you. One time a while back one of my stock tires needed a flat repair so i called around in Stockton and the one on Hammer Ln. near Hwy 99 told me they would check it for free. My tire still had good tread on it so i really just wanted the tire to get repaired if possible. I ended up taking it to them to check out but when they dismounted and inspected it, they said it wasn't repairable due to the bad spot it was in. So they proceeded to give me prices on all these tires, which all sucked and were overpriced, and when i refused to buy anything they tried to scare me by saying how dangerous it would be to drive on it. Then as i was leaving, my car still was up on a jack stand without the rim/tire so a stupid money hungry worker there told me to follow him to the back. He then busted out a rim still packaged in a sealed box (can't remember what brand it was, but it was gold or bronze) and opened it up, trying to say how good it would look on my STi. I kept telling him that i already have badass expensive factory BBS wheels but he wasn't hearing it. In fact, he kept telling me that these rims were already ordered for a customer and i was like wtf man! Then he brought the rim over to my car to see how it looked, put it fully on, and began gloating about it (typical salesman bull****). After that, he said let's go inside to see how much it's gonna be with that full set of rims & tires. I played along but just laughed at him in the end. And to think, all i was looking for was a simple flat inspection/repair on only one ****ing tire, but got the total run around and pressure sales tactics i never asked for. I guess when they seen me pull up with an 06 STi (pretty new at that time), they figured they could try and milk me for everything i'm worth thinking i have lots of money with a car like that. ****, all they accomplished was a definite loss of customer for life, hella misleading & ****! I've had no problems at EG Les Schwab so far, Brian there is da man yo! Peace out!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:14 PM

Car Info: "Shadow"
^Oh yeah, a few days later while passing that exact America's Tire, i saw the Integra with those stupid rims he tried to sell me on it parked outside in the parking lot (i remember him saying it was for an Integra). Must have just got them put on or something, damn how ****ing ironic huh. Nothing but $ hungry morons over there imho. I'm with you bro, America's Tire can eat a fat dick yo!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:46 PM

Yes, money hungry. I told those *******s that if people had to buy new tires once a year that everyone would still be riding horses..... A little overboard,yea but get real I'm not buying another set from you after you just ripped me off
Old 03-28-2011, 10:33 PM

Car Info: 2010 Impreza 2.5i Premium Boosted
Yeah, I agree with you on the sale **** they try to pull but their prices are decent. They match pricing from tire rack even. I guess the shop you go to has different people and different management. I've only been to the one in Roseville and it was pretty good experience. I would be so pissed if they scratched my wheels. Hope you find a good shop. If you ever want to come use my tire machine and balancer thats in my garage just let me know.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:36 PM

Car Info: 2016 black STI
sorry to hear that damion ,,, i use to be an asst manager with those guy in a different location thow ...yeah we had some real pushy ****ers with us..10k on kumhos never heard of that stock suspension thats crazy...did you get the spt ...alot of those high performance tires like the Spt sometimes they dont come with a warrenty...could have been a bad batch dont know sometimes tires start to separate...my wife swears by kumhos they work real well for the SUV she got 60k out of those ****ers no prob ...
Old 03-28-2011, 10:44 PM

Car Info: 2016 black STI
Originally Posted by damianwrb07
One year ago I purchased a set of Kuhmo ast tires and put 10k miles on them.Saturday morning I walked into my garage to find my drivers side front tire flat, I put air in the tire and drove to Americas tire to get the tire repaired. Upon inspection we realized that I had excessive wear on all four tires and the salesman suggested I replace all four. I asked about the warranty and he replied"these tires are bottom of the line and have no warranty". When I originally bought the tires I had asked for a different set but they were not in stock as they had promised me earlier so they would give me a "far better set" for the same price. I agreed thinking I was getting a steal.If I would have insisted apon the kumho tires then the warrant thing would have been my fault but these tires were suggested to me by the salesman. Americas tire refused to sell me one tire saying that because of the all-wheel drive system they all needed to be within a 1/16 wear or the transmission would be ruined within weeks. A big FU*# You to Americas tire for selling me garbage tires telling me they were superior with no warranty and then attempting to sell me 4 new tires.Not only will I never buy a thing from them I am going to bash and badmouth them every time the opportunity comes around
bottom of the line and have no warranty". guy should have been fired for saying that ****

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Americas Tire (rant)