98 Jaguar XJR, 94 Corrado Auto X Project... Cheap!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 04:25 PM

Car Info: Jaguar XJR, VW Corrado, 911 Carrera
98 Jaguar XJR, 94 Corrado Auto X Project... Cheap!!!

1998 Jaguar XJR- $6000 *Buy both and get $1000 off!

Mechanically, the car is near perfect and I have the receipts to prove it! A complete service has just been performed in the last 10,000 (Coolant flush, transmission fluid/filter- IMPORTANT- many people ignore this due to Jaguar advertising the ATF as Life Long ATF, replacement of spark plugs, spark plugs seals, valve cover gaskets and synthetic rear differential fluid replacement). Some preventative measures have also been performed to ensure the longevity of the vehicle. I just replaced the secondary timing chain tensioners about 10,000 miles ago with the updated secondary tensioners from Jaguar Ltd. This has been a well documented problem with the 4.0l V-8 and if taken care of the engine will stand the test of time. It is the original 4.0L 370hp/390 tq Supercharged V-8 motor with the Nikasil lined cylinder walls, it runs very smooth and strong. It doesn't burn a drop of oil and when I popped off the valve covers everything is SUPER clean. It"s apparent to me this vehicle was well taken care of or at least had oil changes done regularly. I have only run Redline 5W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil since I have had the car. You will be pleased that the car does not leak a drop of anything. As far as power mods go, the engine is equipped with the Mina Gallery Intake System and it actually really helps power delivery at the top end of the powerband. This car can really move for a 4,000 lb. boat. The vehicle has 4 brand new General UHP Z-Rated 255/40/18 tires with custom painted factory 18 inch Jaguar wheels with British Racing Green Jaguar center caps. To top off the looks of the car, a 20% tint job was performed on all windows (except windshield) and tail lights, it really helps the vehicle stand out from the rest of the Jags out there. You should see for yourself ;-)

Cosmetically I give the car a 7/10. The black paint is still really fresh and after a wax job it looks amazing. Being that it is an 11 year old car it does have door dings, rock chips and a decent sized dent on the passenger side fender, other than that it looks pretty sweet. The black leather interior is in good shape, nothing to really to comment on. The clear varnish on the wood on the front door panels is cracking but it's any easy fix for anyone who works with wood. The drivers door's check strap is broken and needs replacing, it's a $52 part and maybe an hour of labor so no big deal. Carpet is clean, leather is clean with no cracks or stains. All power windows, locks and mirrors work. A/C blows cold, heater blows nice and warm. In other words, all the creature comforts work!

Vehicle has just under 135,000 miles but still runs and looks very sharp. It has been my recreational vehicle as I only drive it on the weekends and never have in the rain although it has been my daily driver for about the last 6 months. It's been very well taken care of under my ownership. The only thing that is really finicky with the whole car is the sunroof. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, I don't have the ***** to pull the headliner and possibly destroy it in the process. Other than that I can't think of anything else really. I have the title in hand so best offer takes this thing! Clean title and Carfax! Hit me up if you're interested!

Name:  jag2.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  117.2 KB

Name:  jag1.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  97.6 KB

Name:  xjr003.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  67.8 KB

Name:  xjr008.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  74.0 KB

Name:  xjr004.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  37.7 KB

Name:  xjr007.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  57.9 KB
Old 06-26-2011, 04:26 PM

Car Info: Jaguar XJR, VW Corrado, 911 Carrera
1994 VW Corrado SLC VR6- $3000 obo

Background:
Bought this car from a buddy of mine about 4 years ago for $800. Car was in pretty poor mechanical shape.... Needed the whole cooling system overhauled, plenty of oil leaks, electrical issues and was pretty dirty but had a lot of potential. At the end of the day, it's all fixed and lightly modded as it was intended as a purpose built auto x car. I have too many projects right now and not enough time. I just don't have the time for attention I would like to give to it.

The Good:
New water pump, aux water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, radiator with a hand full of coolant hoses. New fuel lines going to injector rail, valve cover, oil pan and intake manifold gaskets. New plugs and spark plug wires. All fluids replaced with top of the line synthetics (Mobil 1, Redline). New brake pads and rotors. All aforementioned electrical issues fixed. The car had a aftermarket, stereo and alarm installed and it was a hack job. The interior lights were not working and popping various fuses. Took all the aftermarket wiring out, cleaned everything up and no issue 3 years later. All ergonomics work... Auto down power windows, locks and sunroof. A/C is works without a hitch too. Tires at 50% Factory Recaro leather seats have no tears and are comfortable. Interior is in good shape once it was scrubbed down. In the end, it's a fun, reliable little car! All new parts replaced with OEM.

The Bad:
Really the only thing that doesn't work on the car is the heater... I bypassed the heater core because it was leaking ($75 OEM). It was never going to be my daily driver so I decided not to fix it being how much labor is involved. The paint has oxidized on the hood and partially on the roof. I tried repairing it on the hood but with no luck. I sanded and re-cleared but with no effect. Paint is still really fresh on the bumpers, fenders, quarters and rear deck lid. The hood cable was severely stretched so I removed it and put some cheap hood pins on it. Don't look great but work.

Mods:
FX adjustable coilovers
Neauspeed Adjustable sway bar
Neauspeed P-Chip
Intake
BBS Wheels painted black (look cool with paint and tint)

One of the best handling cars out of the box I have owned. Put's down the power well with the really short gearing that is in these cars (5speed manual). It has the 2.8l DOHC 12V VR6 rated at 200hp stock. These cars have a lot of character as they were hand built by Karmann. Clean title in hand.

Name:  vw10.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  54.8 KB

Name:  VW1.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  60.5 KB

Name:  vw4.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  53.6 KB

Name:  vw5.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  61.8 KB