Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

Why do the WRX' attract Honda's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 12:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: FORD PINTO
Originally Posted by SuzWRX
^ I have no problem with Hondas. I was actually considering a hatch and still am. Yes there are a lot of "ricers" with Hondas but not all of them are like that. I don't know why so many people hate on them.

I don't hate on hondas, My first car and second car were Accords. I hate assclowns that act all stupid and shiet.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:34 PM

To answer C279a I am a beloved Honda guy. I just happen to own a 2002 WRX wagon that runs 12.78 and one of my sons own a 98 2.5 RS thats been turbo charged . Don't get me wrong I love my subbies. But if i was building a race car or street /race car it would have to be a Honda. My oldest sons (which I built last year in my back yard) Hatch ran 11.32 this year at English town race way in N.J. I would Have to invest another 5 grand in addition to the 5 grand I already have invested to run those numbers.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:01 PM

I dont have a problem with hondas parked next to me..maybe it's just out of coincidence that they park nearby?... I use to think this way too before. Kind of like when hondas pull up next to me on the stoplight but then I realized I just dislike other cars that aren't subarus, so I didn't think much of it after..
Old 01-27-2005, 03:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Talking

Originally Posted by c279a
That doesn't happen to me.
cuz your car just came out of the shop
Old 01-27-2005, 04:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: FORD PINTO
Originally Posted by BLITZSTI
cuz your car just came out of the shop

It's been almost three weeks since I got it back. Since I got it back, I been to bestbuy, three different malls with it. No honda has parked by it.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Aspen White Subaru STI
Hey Marc, you DO live in a town where everyone and their grandmas drive Hondas, so it is probably just a coincidence...don't worry about it.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:30 PM

Car Info: '21 STI
It's cuz they want to park next to an AWD SRT-4.

It always happens though. No matter where you park, someone will park close to you.

BTW, you drive a WRX, not a crazy exotic. Just be worried if someone actually damages your car.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
These aren't your Granma's Hondas

They have the tell-tale "I wish I had more episodes of Initial D" paraphenalia.

You have Honda owners (eligible to receive mystic props)

And you have Honda-Ricers. (on a waiting list to get cool points)

Unfortunately my WRX attracts the later of the two.....

But in a sense....it is cool that they seek out my car. They have always parked "respectfully" and do provide a buffer. In essence keeping other "non-caring if they hit your car" people at bay.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:09 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Cool

Originally Posted by symby
Maybe they park farther away and next to you cause they figure you won't be banging your door on their car.
That sounds like something i would do. I look for a nice car and park by them, they are less likely to ding your beauty.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:05 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by huffyrex
That sounds like something i would do. I look for a nice car and park by them, they are less likely to ding your beauty.

I think this is probably the best bet. I did have a bad a$$ supra with a big fmic park next to me the other day which made me all warm inside. Chances are he wasn't trying to steal any of my attributes through osmosis.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:30 PM

me

I Drive a 2.2L 2door and when ever i see a wrx or an STI i must say i always park next to it cause I WANT ONE. i just cant afford it. So i got the knock off. But o well I still love my subby
Old 04-26-2005, 02:15 PM

Car Info: Sline
I'm not gonna lie, I usually seek out the ricers and park next to them, cuz I know that when ppl see a range rover, they're going to look at that, not a Civic. I'm a thief what can I say?

Jack
Old 04-26-2005, 02:42 PM

Car Info: GDA
Originally Posted by crxgator
there is nothing wrong with hondas...althought most owners are asshats...the actual cars for the most part are great...

and yes, they probably park next to you so you dont ding their car, probably nothing more than that...

i park my crx away from everyone and next to people's passenger side doors if that is the only option, just in case they drive alone, i have more of a chance of not getting a ding/dent...
i have to agree with crxgator. what is this elitist attitude towards Hondas anyway? when i drive my WRX, i purposely look for exotic german cars to park next to b/c i know they won't ding my car during their entrance/exit. they probably think the same of me -- that some subaru is trying to soak up their poshness by virtue of proximity. i also look for fixed up hondas to park next to sometimes -- heck, those hatches are $2500 cars with $2000 paint jobs!

with that said, there are a lot of immature honda drivers on the road and it is justified to dislike them; but as you can tell, there are enough honda owners on this forum who are exceptions to that stereotype.

oh, if it matters, i myself have a beater honda that i use as an everyday type of vehicle.

Last edited by doughboy; 04-26-2005 at 02:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Why do the WRX' attract Honda's?