Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

VWVORTEX R32 INTERIOR STOLEN - Info inside...

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 09:23 AM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru WRX STi
Unhappy VWVORTEX R32 INTERIOR STOLEN - Info inside...

I know this is a VW realted story, but it is a big deal to me since this happened to friends of mine. Please keep a look out for this even though this is VW specific.

This is information from Jamie VonDruska from VWvortex.

===========
So, while the rest of the world is celebrating this fine holiday season, other asswipes have better things to do...

Bryan goes into our office on X-mas eve to grab some gifts he was stashing there and notices that the hood is popped on our R32 that we have parked at our office. He goes to shut the hood and notices that the interior has been stolen out of the car - seats, floor mats, seat heater switches (and others), rear seats, rear carpet, spare tire well cleaned out, etc., etc. Interestingly they left the steering wheel, shift **** and radio. We're not sure if we hap-hazardly left the car unlocked as we had to move it so they could plow the parking lot the other day, or if someone had a key made to get into it since there was no sign of forced entry. They also didn't vandalize the car in any way and it actually appears they were being careful with it. Given that they didn't break anything much to get what they wanted out, they obviously brought the right tools and knew exactly what they were looking for. Also given that they stole the rear seats as well, these would only be good to a Golf IV owner.

So someone will either be selling a complete R32 interior or they will be putting this in their own personal car. Either way it's complete crap and just indicative of the type of punks/morons that continue to give VW owners a bad name. Stealing food for your family when you are completely destitute is one thing - stealing parts out of a car for your own good is nothing more than immature crap done by someone that will get theirs in the end - it always does.

In the end it is only a car and it can be replaced, so from a big picture standpoint it is minor. That said we're willing to offer a reward for information leading to the arrest of someone who obviously suffers from small appendage problems.

To the rest of you all, have a happy holiday season!

Please keep an eye out of you would. Thanks guys!
Old 12-26-2005, 11:01 AM

Car Info: white protege5
oh my!
Old 12-26-2005, 11:29 AM

Car Info: 1990 thing
at least it was clean . . . as horrible as that sounds, when I had my radio stolen--they actually broke into my car twice--first time the faceplate was with me so all they did was make a mess (broken window), second time they broke my dashboard getting the bloody radio out.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:32 PM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
How sad, some ppl have nothing else better to do then to ruin someone's car and feelings