Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

venting about my transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 11:55 AM

Angry venting about my transmision problems

Long story short my brother took my car out one night while i was sleeping, and blew the transmission. By the next day it was already in the shop where they were supposidly working on it, well a month passed with no progress. I have been calling the shop every day for the past 3 weeks, and every day it is a new excuse... this is the weekly schedule, it will be ready friday, friday comes then they say it will be ready monday, this has been goin on for almost a month now... tell me what you guys think and if you have ever had a similar problem... just needed to blow off some steam
Old 01-27-2006, 03:03 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX
Tell them you will be sending a tow truck to pick up the car and your not paying them s***. Have you gone to the shop to see the progress?
Old 01-27-2006, 03:37 PM

i drove by yesterday and it looks like my car hasnt been touched, we called today and they said it would definatly be ready at the latest tuesday, yea we told them if its not done tuesday were towing it somewhere else, just pissed because its been a month and a half of excuses
Old 01-27-2006, 03:38 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by WRBWRX2002
i drove by yesterday and it looks like my car hasnt been touched, we called today and they said it would definatly be ready at the latest tuesday, yea we told them if its not done tuesday were towing it somewhere else, just pissed because its been a month and a half of excuses
I feel you pain. My car was in the body shop for 7 weeks. Good luck though.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:40 PM

thanks a lot hopefully they will get their **** straight and finish it by monday
Old 01-27-2006, 03:45 PM

Car Info: GDA
another busted tranny from an '02.

what shop is this? take it somewhere else, dude.

i'm just glad that there are reputable shops here in the SF bay area....
Old 01-27-2006, 04:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
where do you live...???? maybe someone here can give you the name of a reputable shop to get towed to. Get a cryo treated RA tranny and you'll be glad these idiots took so long.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:45 PM

Im located in norther virginia, tranny is just being rebuilt, hopefully it will be ready the begining of next week
Old 01-31-2006, 01:15 PM

once again the car was supposed to be ready today, they called and said it will be ready tomarrow... gettin real old
Old 01-31-2006, 01:24 PM

Car Info: pimpin one day at a time
i had to wait 6 month for my car one time
Old 01-31-2006, 02:12 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by WRBWRX2002
...they said it would definatly be ready at the latest tuesday, yea we told them if its not done tuesday were towing it somewhere else...
It's Tuesday. You warned them - tow your car somewhere else. If you choose to leave it with them, have them sign something with a reasonable estimated date of work completion. That way you have something to show in small claims court if this thing drags on for another couple of months. With nothing in writing, it's your word against theirs that you didn't agree with waiting this long.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 01-31-2006, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Wingless Wonder
It's Tuesday. You warned them - tow your car somewhere else. If you choose to leave it with them, have them sign something with a reasonable estimated date of work completion. That way you have something to show in small claims court if this thing drags on for another couple of months. With nothing in writing, it's your word against theirs that you didn't agree with waiting this long.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush

im gona take ur advice and do that if its not ready tomarrow... hopefully it wont get to the point where we have to take it to court
Old 02-02-2006, 02:28 PM

ok well car once again wasnt ready, i decided to get the full story before pulling it and turns out it wasnt the shops fault it was subarus not delivering some of the parts on time... just talked to them the car should be ready in about 30 minutes or sooooo if there are not problems, if so probably mid day tommarow which i cant complain about.... abouttt time d: )
Old 02-03-2006, 10:23 AM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
some of these places that work on subarus can be a total pain in the ***..i brought my car in at one a few years ago for some transmission work and it was doen in a couple days...then on the way home everything on the f**king dashboard goes crazy...turs out they f*cked with some of the wires and screwed me over..but i took em to court and got everything fixed...it's definatley good to find somewhere where you can trust the mechanics.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:27 PM

yeaaaa... well i went to the shop to drive it and see how they did and if everything was working right... it wouldnt go into reverse, and it wouldnt go into first and when it was in first it made this horrible screaching noise... so the shop appologized and said they wernt gona charge us and they sent my transmission to some other shop... but the other shop already has the full gearset soo whoo knowws when it will be ready.. could be this week could be next month... hopefully i will get it back soon its been almost 2 months... i really miss drivin my car d: (

Quick Reply: venting about my transmission problems