Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

TLC....ok!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 06:16 AM

Car Info: 09 WRX Sedan };-)>
Thumbs up TLC....ok!

Did anyone see the D1 coverage on TLC last night? It was this show called Rides, I dont know too much about it but it was pretty kick ***. Well They highlighted the show on that American dude that drives a WEAK *** GTO, but it also showed some kick *** moves from Japans finest. Watch for the re-runs!!!!

Peace,
Bugout
Old 07-28-2004, 06:43 AM

Car Info: 1985 Nissan Pickup
Come on man, if your sponsored by Pontiac and your driving the GTO as a drift machine I think that is pretty cool so don't knock him, hes probably better than you'll ever be.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:49 AM

That's Rhys Millen IIRC. Nothing so weak *** about him. Isn't he from NZ?
Old 07-28-2004, 09:56 AM

i saw it last night, it was awsome
Old 07-28-2004, 10:13 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by Bugout
Well They highlighted the show on that American dude that drives a WEAK *** GTO
Yes, Rhys is from New Zealand. His GTO is a very sophisticated machine. It was constructed at his shop using his vast background in racing to put together a very consistently performing car. Nothing backyard about it. Rhys specializes in the EVO market and has competed in tuner shootouts in magazines like Car and Driver and drives what he brings, himself.

It isn't really necessary to slam person or their products just because they aren't the crowd favorite.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 07-28-2004, 10:16 AM

Rhys Millen's awesome GTO.

--
0==WW==0
Old 07-28-2004, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by super_mut
Come on man, if your sponsored by Pontiac and your driving the GTO as a drift machine I think that is pretty cool so don't knock him, hes probably better than you'll ever be.
I wouldn't assume things if I didn't know me! Ya maybe I was a little harsh but he said in the interview his old whip used to be a supra sooo I think he is down grading just a little bit. Oh ya I dont drift anymore I used to when I had my Datsun but it became way to expensive for me, but ya, he could probably chase me like no ones business. BUT THE GTO SUCKS PERIOD! Keep it IMPORT unless its old school!
Old 07-28-2004, 12:13 PM

Oh and they said on the show he was reppin the Americans. I dont know if they ment car or driver. Lets get real guys, would you buy a GTO to drift in when you can just build a cheaper, sicker AE86? But I guess like that old saying goes "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!"
Old 07-28-2004, 12:13 PM

Oh and they said on the show he was reppin the Americans. I dont know if they ment car or driver. Lets get real guys, would you buy a GTO to drift in when you can just build a cheaper, sicker AE86? But I guess like that old saying goes "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!"
Old 07-28-2004, 12:24 PM

Origami posted by Bugout
They highlighted the show on that American dude that drives a WEAK *** GTO...
Origami posted by Bugout
Oh and they said on the show he was reppin the Americans.
You didn't actually watch the show, did you? You stated that he (Rhys Millen) was an "American dude". Rather than posting hearsay to stir up controversy, why not just report what you did like about the show?

--
0==WW==0
Old 07-28-2004, 12:31 PM

Car Info: Mazda Protege '02 (Wishing protege has AWD and a H6 twin turbo)
I watched most of the show.

As for the GTO don't forget they built the car in 7 DAYS!!! Thats impressive no matter what happens to it.

Their driver i think was still getting used to the GTO's handling he took one drift near perfect and the next one with oversteer. All in all that the car even competed with a 7 day build is imensely impressive.

It was quoted that the drivers would like to see more american muscle cars like the rustang, viper, vettes and others to join the competition so they can test their cars against ours

Overall it was a lil too much documentry about the GTO and less entertaining that way. I would have prefered to learn more about the other cars. The drift scenes were nice though....
Old 07-28-2004, 04:47 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
"Tire companies love drifting"

LOL! I was cracking up when he said that...
Old 07-29-2004, 03:24 AM

Car Info: Mazda Protege '02 (Wishing protege has AWD and a H6 twin turbo)
Originally Posted by Kostamojen
"Tire companies love drifting"

LOL! I was cracking up when he said that...
Its probably true. I don't know of another sport that uses as many tires as drifting. Even nascar is out of the picture with those runs.

I guess drag racing is close
Old 07-29-2004, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Wingless Wonder
You didn't actually watch the show, did you? You stated that he (Rhys Millen) was an "American dude". Rather than posting hearsay to stir up controversy, why not just report what you did like about the show?

--
0==WW==0
I like the whole show really, well atleast the part I caught. I didnt see the whole thing. And ya to build a car that quick is impresive to say the least but lets just clear this up by saying I thought I herd the host say Rhys was reppin the Americans, but I could have got it confused with the APC dudes. But really does it matter, THE GTO is still AMerican, WHOA I just thought of something though, I do have respect for the Focus rally car, DOOAAHHH! Anyway I will stand by my statement and say NO TO THE GTO, YO!!
Old 07-29-2004, 09:50 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX/05 Legacy
I think it is justified to say that it is a 'weak *** gto'. I've seen tv footage of the gto running with some Japanese cars, the Japanese cars pull off way better drifts than that car.

Quick Reply: TLC....ok!