Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

car sponsorships.com (is it legit?)

Old 12-17-2008, 07:58 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
okay...I just read all their privacy stuff of the site and I suggest you tread very carefully...

they contact you only "if we have sponsorship opportunities that you qualify for...we use an automated dialer to contact you and inform you of sponsorship opportunities and to ask you to secure them during the phone call"...and sound like if you cannot answer it because you are at work/school/etc you are ineligible.

So pretty much you pay them up-front in hopes of getting matched up to a sponsorship deals with no guarantees that you will ever even get one. You are paying for a service of POSSIBLY receiving one with additional implications if you do...
not true, they leave a voicemail.. my friend put in like three for me.. annoying calls they are.. but they give u a number to call back

u call back, they tell u they have things lined up for u and then u pay the 90$ then they go on..
Old 12-18-2008, 10:33 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
o be 100% honest, the only reason why im sponsored is because I know the people that work there. But if you want to get sponsored teh correct way this is how you do it:

1 you need good picture of your car. Still shots and at shows / at the track

2 your car has to be good. Its an oxymoron but for them to want to give you discounts on thier product or maybe give it to you for free, you pretty much have to have it done already

3 you have to got shows. Companies want to see you out there advertising thier product. You first have to go to shows then ask for product, when you get teh prodcut you still have to go to shows to show off the product. Stickers are usually part of the contract you sighn. they make you put stickers on for shows and photo shoots

4 the easiest way is join a team. they will get you going and point you in the right direction. some times teams are sponsored by companies like tire manufactures.

5. resume yours and the cars. the car is pretty easy say what you have done to it, what shows you do, where you race, and future plans. yours you say what cars you have done what they get from you when sponoring your car

tahts pretty much the broad end of it. some peeps here on i club work for aftermarket companies so they may be able to help with the resume and stuff.
let me know if you have any more questions or need clarifications. I wrote this before 8am
Old 08-26-2012, 08:44 PM

Car Info: 88 Toyota Supra
Dont trust them ive got loots of sponsors not one asked for cash!! its hard to get legit sponsors
Old 08-26-2012, 11:01 PM

Car Info: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Originally Posted by 88mkiii
Dont trust them ive got loots of sponsors not one asked for cash!! its hard to get legit sponsors
lol way to bump a old thread, this was 4 years ago
Old 08-26-2012, 11:17 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM FXT
Originally Posted by silverbullet415

lol way to bump a old thread, this was 4 years ago
Spammer!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:50 AM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Ya. He wants hits on his "website" to meet sponsorship goals.