You don't want to see these....

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 04:11 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by BillJC

Paul, entertaining but, not quite the same. I don't pay for women and I hope that my woman doesn't loose nearly the "value" that my car will loose over the next few years. ; )
..., in the end, most cars will be reincarnated into a can for my beer. And that is a fact.
QFT!!! :banana:
Old 02-19-2007, 05:20 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Lol

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Spoken like someone who has zero interest in cars or car history. Pretty common way of thinking though where "newer" is better than "meaningful."
Eh, it looks like a honda with a bad body kit glued on. Sorry I made fun of your dream car. To each his own. But you're right, I'm someone that has no interest in cars or car history...that's why I drive a subaru and am a member of this site...hmmm.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:33 PM

Car Info: 씨발 개새끼야.
very good..!! less Skyline, JDM and RHD in US. :P
Old 02-19-2007, 05:49 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
You guys are funny.

Tell me, other than the fact that you can't get it here, what makes the skyline this super "demigod status," type car? There are other cars that can match it's performance for much less. Heck, I can out-perform it on the track in a fox body mustang with some decent suspension, motor and tire for substantially less. My point is, that yes, it may be a nice car but, I don't see why it should be any more special than any other car out there. It isn't some rare limited production Ferrari or Lambo now. It's a freaking Nissan for God's sake.

Paul, entertaining but, not quite the same. I don't pay for women and I hope that my woman doesn't loose nearly the "value" that my car will loose over the next few years. ; )

I admire cars. I still have my very first car. It's a pristine 67 mustang coupe that I have no problem cutting up to turn into an all out track car. It's in pieces now and will run some day under it's own power but, in the end, most cars will be reincarnated into a can for my beer. And that is a fact.
I guess for the same reasons why people like Mustangs and drink beer from cans.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:14 PM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX
You should see the tractor I drive on the weekends!
Old 02-20-2007, 01:52 AM

Car Info: LGT STI
Wink

You should see the tractor I drive on the weekends!
Why are you on a car forum professing NOT to be a car guy? No one is impressed by your pseudo-buddhist ideas on non-attachment here. Bring them over to the Buddhist forums. Here we discuss cars and how much we love them (any and all cars, including mustangs). My professional opinion; I think you are searching for attention. If you want a lesson in non-attachment, don't respond to this thread anymore and you will be closer to happiness young padawan.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:21 AM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX
Originally Posted by youpers
Why are you on a car forum professing NOT to be a car guy? No one is impressed by your pseudo-buddhist ideas on non-attachment here. Bring them over to the Buddhist forums. Here we discuss cars and how much we love them (any and all cars, including mustangs). My professional opinion; I think you are searching for attention. If you want a lesson in non-attachment, don't respond to this thread anymore and you will be closer to happiness young padawan.
Who says I'm not a car guy? I don't believe I've ever posted that anywhere. Maybe you should take a class on reading comprehension instead of philosophy and psychology. My point was very clear. I don't understand why everyone hoists the skyline up to the top of the automotive heap like a god. That is all. Do you need me to spell it out in bold letters? For me, to see one get crushed does nothing for me. It's just another car. There are thousands of them.

Don't go getting all philosophical now because that is just plain amusing. I've been a car guy since I was a kid. There are cars that I do admire and there are ones that I don't. Skylines being one of them. I don't see the point as to why it is so highly regarded.

Obviously you can't take a joke as my quote in your post was. But, as a fact. I do have a tractor as well and drive it regularly discing the field at my parents farm. Every now and then I even drive into town just to grab a soda.

Bill
Old 02-20-2007, 08:41 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Think of it as an AWD Supra, except it looks much better, has 4 seats, and it's not attainable in the states. With a little tuning, the GT-R can do some serious *** kicking on the track. For Nissan guys, there's really nothing like it. And there might be thousands of them, but I never see them outside of the internet and the occasional car show.

If you don't care about the Skyline, I can understand. But how you can like Subaru's enough to be on this forum and not understand how anyone likes the Skyline so much is beyond me.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
Eh, it looks like a honda with a bad body kit glued on. Sorry I made fun of your dream car. To each his own. But you're right, I'm someone that has no interest in cars or car history...that's why I drive a subaru and am a member of this site...hmmm.
Haha... The Nissan Skyline is an iconic piece of automotive history whether people like them in particular or not. If you don't know this then it shows that you aren't paying attention. Not really a problem for anyone else, and there is no need to get all pissy about it. Really, it's ok.

So having an account on i-club and driving a Subaru means you are interested in cars? Hmmm... Now THAT is funny.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
Who says I'm not a car guy? I don't believe I've ever posted that anywhere. Maybe you should take a class on reading comprehension instead of philosophy and psychology. My point was very clear. I don't understand why everyone hoists the skyline up to the top of the automotive heap like a god. That is all. Do you need me to spell it out in bold letters? For me, to see one get crushed does nothing for me. It's just another car. There are thousands of them.

Don't go getting all philosophical now because that is just plain amusing. I've been a car guy since I was a kid. There are cars that I do admire and there are ones that I don't. Skylines being one of them. I don't see the point as to why it is so highly regarded.

Obviously you can't take a joke as my quote in your post was. But, as a fact. I do have a tractor as well and drive it regularly discing the field at my parents farm. Every now and then I even drive into town just to grab a soda.

Bill
I think you make a valid point.

Had it been, lets say a 93 Cobra - R Mustang in the wrecker, I'd most likely go, "that sucks" then move on with my day. So I can see where you're coming from. It is true that with the exception of very few cars, almost all have the fate of the wreck yard or stuck in a museum never to be enjoyed that way they are meant to, on the open road.

What I still don't get is why crunch a car into a ball when as, parts they're worth so much more.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:26 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
No offense, but the styling of those cars is soooo out dated. If I saw that next to a honda, I wouldn't be able to distinguish them at first glance. Performance is one thing, (with enough money you can make a lawn mower perform well) but if I'm spending a GRIP on a car it better look the part as well.
I will always love the R32 style the most.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
By the same notion, a woman is merely a receptacle for my seed.
So why bother looking for the most bestest receptacle for my seed?

Why do us men do 90% of **** that we do just to attract a "suitable" mate when a Rosie O'Donnel would do just fine in baking my seed into a demon?
Well done!
Old 02-21-2007, 11:40 PM

It isn't some rare limited production Ferrari or Lambo now. It's a freaking Nissan for God's sake.
Yeah, but you gotta understand that its the price/performance value ratio.
Thats why everyone loves them.

And if everyone here had a choice of 1 JDM car, im sure only 2 of 10 would pick a skyline for the money.

When someone with money buys a mediocre brand car (STi,Elise,M3), it says to the world "im a rich yuppy *** but i can still drive" not like the posers that DO buy the lambos and ferraris and throw there money away in hopes of instant racer cred.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:23 PM

Car Info: 2006 STi 2012 STi
no offense to anyone...i only read thru page 2 and i got tired of it.

i JUST got back from japan...and skylines there are BORING! i saw at least 50 of them in the 5 days i was there....what i didnt see was more than 10 hondas put together!
In japan they look at skylines as another civic or integra here...and hondas as the nicer car....so to each their own and you always want what you cant have......end of story!

side note....Subaru Forster STi FTW...so pretty! only saw 1 STi which was the 555 car and then TONS of legacy wagons and sedans along with a bunch of imprezzas.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:27 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
werd..its just an older skyline..no biggie

Quick Reply: You don't want to see these....