The worst school shooting to date...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 09:17 AM

Car Info: 2011 Infiniti G37
Originally Posted by Overbear
I made the coma stand out, and the important part after visible to you terrorist, anti American, scum.
yeah man, go back to al qaeda you dirty terrorist!

really? going as far as to calling him a terrorist just because he has different viewpoints than yours... that's a little harsh, don't you think?
Old 12-15-2012, 09:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
Since this has already turned into a gun debate...
mental health is the actual problem which needs attention
Old 12-15-2012, 09:54 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Lets focus on why the US has had well over 10 times as many school shooting as any other major place in the world.

It certainly does not have to do with gun availability when you look at places like Israel, Canada, Switzerland, etc where guns are very readily available. The difference is clearly societal and likely has to do with how we raise our children and the lack of structure and support we provide for the troubled ones. It's time to put our bull**** American pride aside and take some notes from other countries around the world.

-- Ed

Last edited by EQ Tuning; 12-15-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Look at the ages of these school shooters. Most are in their 20's. They grew up with parents not giving a **** about them. Thinking as long as they are in their room playing games they are safe. Not taking an interest in their lives, seeing what they are into or who their friends are. No discipline for their actions. Now these kids are lashing out trying to seek the attention their parents didn't show them. It's definitely a society problem, not a gun control problem.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:05 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by McLovinMyWRX
really? going as far as to calling him a terrorist just because he has different viewpoints than yours... that's a little harsh, don't you think?
Not at all, its high time we, the educated and good people of this country stop using the soft gloves with people like him. Its his (indirect) fault this shooting happend, Damn it time to take the trash out!
Old 12-15-2012, 11:13 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Ok let me step in here...

1)Anyone, and I mean anyone who thinks there is a corliaton betwene school shootings and the so called "avaliblity" of guns, is drinking the anti-2A koolaid. One just has to look at school shootings in Mexico, England, and Australia to see proof that "banning guns" does not work. (and on that note, if you are unable to find such reports, look harder, they are there but not reported by mainstream American news)

2)Gun free zones do not create a safe area, it creates victims. 20 inocent children are dead, because of people like YOU w0ng3r. Because people like you disarm the teachers and staff, because people like you take a place of education and discovery, and turn it into a box filled with victims. It is your attitude, your outlook, your stance, that has the far reaching impact on life. You enabled this to happen, I hope you are proud.

3)The true guilty here (like w0ng3r) are the ones who push for more gun control, more "gun free zones" crying "think of the children!" People like the Brady campain for gun control, Senator Yee, Barbara Boxer, and the list goes on. THey are the true enemy of the people, the true anti-americans, and the reason a tragic event has ended the lives of so many people.

The solution here, is not more gun control, but to turn on the ones who bring us this mess. Round up the anti-2a folk (like w0ng3r), Put them on trial for treason, find them guilty, and execute every last one of them in the name of good, and the human race!

I end my first post in a long time with this...

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

I made the coma stand out, and the important part after visible to you terrorist, anti American, scum.
You are a perfect example of someone who should not be allowed to own a gun. You're doing your own interests a disservice with this kind of talk.

Did you even bother to read the first part of your own quote that you didn't highlight? Everyone and anyone in the general public with a gun does not make a "well regulated milita."

-- Ed
Old 12-15-2012, 11:28 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan

Not at all, its high time we, the educated and good people of this country stop using the soft gloves with people like him. Its his (indirect) fault this shooting happend, Damn it time to take the trash out!
Educated? Good? Demonizing those who disagree with you is childish, I went to one of nations top universities, I help out the less privileged and needy in my spare time. What do you do that makes you a Saint? Again I am subjected to personal attacks.

Oh by the way, I also served two years in the military, so don't go around insulting me by calling me a terrorist. ****tard. This was a domestic issue caused by a mentally unstable individual, not some radical extremist.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:33 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Look at the ages of these school shooters. Most are in their 20's. They grew up with parents not giving a **** about them. Thinking as long as they are in their room playing games they are safe. Not taking an interest in their lives, seeing what they are into or who their friends are. No discipline for their actions. Now these kids are lashing out trying to seek the attention their parents didn't show them. It's definitely a society problem, not a gun control problem.
I've said it this entire time, it's a TWO fold problem, this tragedy happened because of negligence AND the availability of firearms.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:33 AM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
Originally Posted by Rescuer
mental health is the actual problem which needs attention
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
Lets focus on why the US has had well over 10 times as many school shooting as any other major place in the world.

It certainly does not have to do with gun availability when you look at places like Israel, Canada, Switzerland, etc where guns are very readily available. The difference is clearly societal and likely has to do with how we raise our children and the lack of structure and support we provide for the troubled ones. It's time to put our bull**** American pride aside and take some notes from other countries around the world.

-- Ed
-IMO the best two points made in the last few pages.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:40 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
20 inocent children are dead, because of people like YOU w0ng3r.

Just stahp Overbear . just stahp.

seriously though ****ing stahp

The personal attacks in this thread are pretty lame. Im glad I gtfo before people let their jimmies get rustled by an anti gun advocate.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:19 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Ed/justin agree 100%.

We have a society built on a must have two parents working. This 15-25 bracket is the first generation raised this way. Parents have pawned the raising of their children off on an underfunded overburdened education system for too long. No after school programs, art classes, sports, etc.

A generation of kids that have never been spanked and who's parents didn't take or have the time to talk to them, eat with them, do homework... GET TO KNOW THEM.

How are you going to know what your child needs if you do not know them.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:27 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
You are a perfect example of someone who should not be allowed to own a gun. You're doing your own interests a disservice with this kind of talk.

Did you even bother to read the first part of your own quote that you didn't highlight? Everyone and anyone in the general public with a gun does not make a "well regulated milita."

-- Ed
Then you clearly do not understand what our framers had in mind. Thankful for us all that thanks to Nordyke, the SCOTUS made it very clear. I would suggest you read up my friend.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:33 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by w0ng3r
Why is it invalid and incoherent? FFS, if you won't start backing up your statements with REASONS, I have no way of telling if you have a specific logic behind it, or if you are being irrationally butthurt.

and seriously, home of firstworld problems? what is it about america that makes the biggest first world country? Sheer size? wealth? technology? Apart from size and population, singapore outranks the US in terms of GDP, healthcare, infrastructure and education.

FYI, you DO realize that the term "first world country" originated to differentiate countries that were opposed to communist countries (Known as second world countries). Third world countries referred to countries that were "neutral".

If you STILL won't provide a proper answer, I will have no reason to continue giving you the benefit of the doubt and simply write you off as another immature butthurt philistine on the internet. The replies in this thread has made me lose so much respect for the members on this board. (inb4 "IDGAF" comments, you are still representing yourself poorly as a individual that fails to engage in meaningful discourse)

If its obvious enough, then there really doesn't need an explanation. If you can't guess why, think further. And further. I can say the exact same things about you, but I haven't. Im thinking it, but I haven't gone as far as disrespecting someone and calling them a an immature butthurt philistine off the internet, just because I went to one of the top academic facilities in the country ( I also hope you know that academic facilities do not breed intelligent beings). But I guess I may be representing myself as a poor individual that fails to engage in a meaningful discourse when I already made my point present. Mental Illness.

Originally Posted by w0ng3r
Educated?

Oh by the way, I also served two years in the military, so don't go around insulting me by calling me a terrorist. ****tard. This was a domestic issue caused by a mentally unstable individual, not some radical extremist.

OH really????? Is that what we are talking about now?? Something that many of us (not including you) addressed several times clearly in the previous posts. Its domestic is it, why are you bringing other countries and gun laws in the mix. Im not sure you are just flip flopping around sides of the argument.... if your intended reasons are being juggled like Harvey Dent's coin.

I already made it very clear, stepping in to the mind of the killer and what their possible reasons could be. You brought guns into play, when I have previously stated that it is very disrespectful to this thread. You better not be talking about me, I haven't made any direct insults towards you. I haven't tried to advocate any gun debate ( especially not as much as you). My sole point of psychotic behavior was mentally involved.

p.s. The bear has valid points, although radical......... I know who Im kicking it with when theres a zombie apocalypse.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:43 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Ed/justin agree 100%.

We have a society built on a must have two parents working. This 15-25 bracket is the first generation raised this way. Parents have pawned the raising of their children off on an underfunded overburdened education system for too long. No after school programs, art classes, sports, etc.

A generation of kids that have never been spanked and who's parents didn't take or have the time to talk to them, eat with them, do homework... GET TO KNOW THEM.

How are you going to know what your child needs if you do not know them.

I got whooped a **** ton, with traditional Asian parents that is expected of course.

Take care of your child, or the children around you. Listen to them. Although you (in your mind) do not think what they are saying is serious, but you have no idea what and how they portray and take in each learning experience, piece of vocal advice, cliche, or even physically portrayed examples. You do not know what goes on in their head or mind. All you (we) can do is teach those young and rapidly growing minds around us how to properly focus their thoughts and mentality. Teach them whats wrong, whats right, and how to take out their frustration through conversation and other methods that will help them connect and get an understanding with all those around them.

I honestly can't say that my parents understand me because of the generation gap I have up against me, but at least they were there to talk to me, teach me appropriate morals and family values ( and humane values) which help shape and mold one's mentality and reasoning throughout the course of life. Thats why I love my nephews and nieces so much. Even those half way across the world, I cherish all the time I am able to spend with them and the knowledge I am able to feed to their eager growing intelligent minds.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:45 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Then you clearly do not understand what our framers had in mind. Thankful for us all that thanks to Nordyke, the SCOTUS made it very clear. I would suggest you read up my friend.
I don't claim to be an expert on the constitution and I also don't quote it. I have a hard time believing that you KNOW what our frames had in mind. And even if you are correct about that, do you really believe society should not evolve and improve over the course of 200+ years? Should we also follow every word of the bible to a T? I think that would have some serious ramifications for your personal way of life.

The point I'm making is that your extremist outlook on our society is not doing anyone any good including yourself. Instead of trying to decipher what you THINK our founders meant with a single line of a huge document a long time ago, why not try to look at our world today and think for yourself how to improve it.

-- Ed

Last edited by EQ Tuning; 12-15-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Quick Reply: The worst school shooting to date...