Why are threads being moved out of the Northern CA Classifieds?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Bllllar

Last edited by brucelee; 10-22-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
I can't address every vendor's individual concerns - we enforce what we're asked to.

Please see https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...97#post2739097

Vendors, you should see a vendor feedback forum as well; this is designed for you to be able to bring your concerns openly to the guys responsible for vendor fees and policies - no mod interference, just you and the admins. If you can't see the forum, login with your vendor account and go here: https://www.i-club.com/forums/general-79/guidelines-posting-technical-forums-211055/

Note to all normal users- this is for private use by vendors, that's why you can't access it - I can't see it either

There are a number of good points being brought up in this thread by users and vendors alike, and you will be better served by talking directly to the admins rather than calling us out on something we do not control. I'm not going to contact every vendor directly (I'm not even a BAIC mod, I just try to help out; Ed, Dan, and Aaron are the primary mods here), but feel free to contact me directly if you need help contacting admins about the new policy.

We're sorry for any confusion here; regarding why older threads were not moved, we tried to grab current stuff and move it where requested - no point in moving "dead" threads.

Last edited by sybir; 10-22-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
I'm actually glad to see certain aspects cleaned up...b/c as I mentioned in one of my posts on here, for sure we are all (us vendors) guilty of bombing certain area's with a bit too much stuff.

The thing that gets me the most is the use of BAIC for selling, when I don't feel like it should be that way in that particular area, lately I know I've felt pressured to keep advising folks of who LIC is, that we offer X Y Z, that we carry this part or that part, etc... and I would 100% contribute that to attempting to combat what others are doing in BAIC. With that being said, I can appreciate the mods moving certain stuff, as it should not be sales sales sales happening all over the boards under every category, their is a place for everything and if its flung all over then its not worth reading anything anymore on here b/c its just one shops PR jarrgon vs another and I think that sucks.

But certain things I think have come to light with this thread and that's the need for a sub category in the NorCal classifieds area...I think it makes the most sense and would square most this stuff away. And keep the shops from taking over certain area's and trying our best to all be heard. I know my own LIC "forum" on this site gets VERY little foot traffic and I see why "other" shops dump it into BAIC...what if all us shops did that, it would be a mess....so good job keeping things clean but there needs to be boundaries of what should and shouldn't be allowed and at same time just b/c I'm a shop doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to sell my personal car in Norcal.

again my no sense $0.02

-Noah
Old 10-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Completely agree, Noah - that's why I moved the thread back, and apologized.

As for your other feedback, I appreciate the honesty - definitely bring this to the admins, it helps your case.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:48 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
just out of curiosity... are there any moderators assigned to the "NorCal Classifieds" section? That whole section in general does need to be monitored a little better.

Last edited by JourdanWithaU; 10-23-2009 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:05 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
Agreed... and if no such solution is reached, I don't think I can justify the vendor fees.

-- Ed
Damn, they moved your tuning thread too??? Thats messed up. Custom tuning is something done LOCALLY... it is 100% logical to post in the NOCA classifieds. How is Ed supposed to advertise that now? That thread had over 39,000 views, thanks to the local classifieds.

Hell right now (9:00 AM) there are 19 people in the classifieds compared to ONE person viewing the Vendor classifieds. And that is probably me! Way to punish the local vendors. Good job admins.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:34 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
just out of curiosity... are there any moderators assigned to the "NorCal Classifieds" section? That whole section in general does need to be monitored a little better.
AFAIK

Moderators
areg, soggynoodles

but i have done some modding (stupid basic stuff like change the title or lock or move per OP request)
Old 10-23-2009, 09:58 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by subie OCD
Damn, they moved your tuning thread too??? Thats messed up. Custom tuning is something done LOCALLY... it is 100% logical to post in the NOCA classifieds. How is Ed supposed to advertise that now? That thread had over 39,000 views, thanks to the local classifieds.

Hell right now (9:00 AM) there are 19 people in the classifieds compared to ONE person viewing the Vendor classifieds. And that is probably me! Way to punish the local vendors. Good job admins.
Exactly. Also nice that this happened a day or two after my yearly vendor fees were collected...
Old 10-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

I'll ask, once more, that vendors contact the admins directly through the multiple venues I provided. Mods can't change this policy.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU

Just the two of us for now, areg, soggynoodles

PM me if you have any suggestions

warm regards.

me
Old 10-23-2009, 11:00 AM
10.07.85 - 05.22.10

Car Info: 2007 STI
Don't fix it if it ain't broke

nothing was wrong, there was no reason to change anything. There are only a small handful of norcal vendors and I think we should let them post all they want in the classifieds. It wasn't causing clutter or any problems so it really wasn't necessary to start moving threads. All you've accomplished is to **** people off. good job

I think a separate vendor sub-section is a bad idea. It will just be another section that people ignore.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:27 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by jagstyle
Don't fix it if it ain't broke

nothing was wrong, there was no reason to change anything. There are only a small handful of norcal vendors and I think we should let them post all they want in the classifieds. It wasn't causing clutter or any problems so it really wasn't necessary to start moving threads. All you've accomplished is to **** people off. good job

I think a separate vendor sub-section is a bad idea. It will just be another section that people ignore.
Agree.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:19 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by sybir
I'll ask, once more, that vendors contact the admins directly through the multiple venues I provided. Mods can't change this policy.
Check out the vendor comments forum sometime... its dead and I don't think anyone is checking.

It seems that mods are much easier to get a hold of, so maybe you guys can pass it on to the admins for us?

-- Ed
Old 10-23-2009, 03:23 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
Check out the vendor comments forum sometime... its dead and I don't think anyone is checking.

It seems that mods are much easier to get a hold of, so maybe you guys can pass it on to the admins for us?

-- Ed
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211055

that forum is no good for mods

sigma pi, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

but yeah we can pass it along as well
Old 10-26-2009, 10:33 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

bump... we need some word on this from an Admin ASAP.

-- Ed

Quick Reply: Why are threads being moved out of the Northern CA Classifieds?