Why Asians don't date asians. Both Views.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 06:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
Dude, we are talking about the modern time, I've spent some time in every country in Asia. In hiring and doing business, there is a racial preference toward lighter skin that put Whites on one end of the spectrum and Blacks on the other end. Part of it is a remnant of the imperialist era, the other part is just plain old racism. The various cultures also have biases towards each other: Lighter skin East Asians tend to bias against darker skin South East Asians and Indian who are usually employed as domestic workers, Japanese tend to think they are the superior Asian race, Indonesians tend to think Chinese are greedy, Filipinos tend to have a much harder time finding jobs teaching English regardless of fluency and/or certification, and the list goes on...This isn't a meant a derogatory, but rather an observation that many Asian cultures have a long way to go in terms of racial tolerance. Neither ignoring it or pretending prejudices don't exist will make them go away. It is a bit off tangent from the original topic, but culture and upbringing does serve as a background factor in our interactions, friendships, and relationships; made even more relevant when you consider how many Asians in the US are first and second generation immigrants.
EVERY country in Asia? Hyperbole is the realm of children, you know. I've spent plenty of time living in and have relatives in many different parts of Asia, not to mention that I am the son of an Asian immigrant, so no big whoop there; no need to tell me "how it works" in Asia and among Asian people.
But anyway, it's true that many peoples have biases for the fair-skinned and against the dark-skinned, but that's more of a universal human phenomenon than a strictly Asian phenomenon. Furthermore, it's true that all human beings, regardless of race, have prejudices, but to say that "Asians are the MOST prejudice[d] group [as a whole] in the US" is talking out your ***. It's like something that a self-loathing Asian would say out off rebellion against his own culture or some other silly BS like that. Read your history and open your eyes to modern and post-modern society, the most heinous, most severe, and largest scale racist acts committed in America (even the world) were NOT by Asians. You talk about modern times? The Chinese Exclusion Act was in effect until 1943, Jim Crow laws were in effect until 1965, the federal government did not apologize for Japanese American internment until 1988, and South African apartheid did not end until 1994. Do your homework, man!

Originally Posted by SubyWrxGuy
FYI: NOT all white people are created equal! Sure, you could classify me as "White", however, I'm half Lithuanian and half French! I don't even relate to old colonial Americas.

FYI: My relatives weren't even living in the United States during the Jim Crow Laws and Exclusionary Acts, sorry but they were too busy busting their *** working on an farm in Lithuania! Don't be so quick to place blame on white people! Those "Whites" that are guilty of committing those acts of racism had ethnic ties from England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales and maybe French Canadian's they are not my people! That's like saying all Asian's are the same! We all know there are different Asian nations who have different cultures and languages! I'm not "White" I'm Eastern European get it right...
I agree that not all white people are created equal, that's definitely true. I also agree that not all Asians are the same. But you can't deny the enormity and severity of racist things that have happened in America and throughout the world that were perpetuated by white people from the Middle Ages until now. And why were white people able to do such things? Because as a whole, white people as a group have held the most economical and socio-political sway in the world since at least the late 1400s, thus allowing them the ability to conduct (any) actions on a grand scale. To deny that is to turn a blind eye to history, politics, and economics. Those who are in power are those who perpetuate oppression, and although this is historically not exclusive to white people, it has been their province (although not necessarily their monopoly) since the late 15th century due to the rise in power of the Western world from that time until now.

Do I hate all white people because of this? Of course not, it would be base and small-minded to think so generally. Like you and I agree, not all white people are the same, just like not all Asians or black or brown people are the same. At the same time, I wouldn't deny any one person or group of people to be free of prejudices; it's just a matter of the scale and severity of the actions that result from these prejudices that can end up demonizing one group more than another. The French and the Lithuanians have perpetuated racist acts as a whole people, but so have the Chinese people (my roots). But do I disdain you or your people just because members of your people have committed racist acts? Of course not! At the same time, I do not disdain myself or my own people for the racist acts that they have committed. To perpetuate hatred against an individual for the actions of a group is foolish and shows an inability to compartmentalize and to think logically. So relax, maaaannnnnn.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:37 PM
VIP Member

P.S. I was being polite by not bringing up the Holocaust either.
P.P.S. Here's some random Asian hotness to make up for my rambling:

Last edited by Choku Dori; 06-09-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
^Not my type as you would know Ryan haha
Old 06-09-2011, 07:03 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Heedz
^Not my type as you would know Ryan haha
Fine, fine, fine. :P
Old 06-09-2011, 07:05 PM
VIP Member

And for those who don't like either of my last 2 posts:

Last edited by Choku Dori; 06-09-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:05 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM Impreza WRX/ 1998 RBP Impreza 2.5RS
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
How about just simple physical chemisty. When I date/sleep with asian girls my boner is over 9000. with any other race its about 350.

I wouldnt date within my race because I relate those girls to my mom and Im no mother****er.
Again it comes down to preference. Asian girls is your thing. Some guys like cosmos and some guys like a glass of Whiskey haha.

Maria Ozawa ftmfw. Lol.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:14 PM

Car Info: Hybrid
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
EVERY country in Asia? Hyperbole is the realm of children, you know. I've spent plenty of time living in and have relatives in many different parts of Asia, not to mention that I am the son of an Asian immigrant, so no big whoop there; no need to tell me "how it works" in Asia and among Asian people.
But anyway, it's true that many peoples have biases for the fair-skinned and against the dark-skinned, but that's more of a universal human phenomenon than a strictly Asian phenomenon. Furthermore, it's true that all human beings, regardless of race, have prejudices, but to say that "Asians are the MOST prejudice[d] group [as a whole] in the US" is talking out your ***. It's like something that a self-loathing Asian would say out off rebellion against his own culture or some other silly BS like that. Read your history and open your eyes to modern and post-modern society, the most heinous, most severe, and largest scale racist acts committed in America (even the world) were NOT by Asians. You talk about modern times? The Chinese Exclusion Act was in effect until 1943, Jim Crow laws were in effect until 1965, the federal government did not apologize for Japanese American internment until 1988, and South African apartheid did not end until 1994. Do your homework, man!

I agree that not all white people are created equal, that's definitely true. I also agree that not all Asians are the same. But you can't deny the enormity and severity of racist things that have happened in America and throughout the world that were perpetuated by white people from the Middle Ages until now. And why were white people able to do such things? Because as a whole, white people as a group have held the most economical and socio-political sway in the world since at least the late 1400s, thus allowing them the ability to conduct (any) actions on a grand scale. To deny that is to turn a blind eye to history, politics, and economics. Those who are in power are those who perpetuate oppression, and although this is historically not exclusive to white people, it has been their province (although not necessarily their monopoly) since the late 15th century due to the rise in power of the Western world from that time until now.

Do I hate all white people because of this? Of course not, it would be base and small-minded to think so generally. Like you and I agree, not all white people are the same, just like not all Asians or black or brown people are the same. At the same time, I wouldn't deny any one person or group of people to be free of prejudices; it's just a matter of the scale and severity of the actions that result from these prejudices that can end up demonizing one group more than another. The French and the Lithuanians have perpetuated racist acts as a whole people, but so have the Chinese people (my roots). But do I disdain you or your people just because members of your people have committed racist acts? Of course not! At the same time, I do not disdain myself or my own people for the racist acts that they have committed. To perpetuate hatred against an individual for the actions of a group is foolish and shows an inability to compartmentalize and to think logically. So relax, maaaannnnnn.
Sure, a select group of Lithuanians and French have probably committed acts of racism or bigotry, but that gives you no right to target a entire group of people! I doubt you even know where Lithuania is or what the demographic is consisted of? Their Gross Nation Product and so on....

There is nothing glorious about those two countries and I doubt they even know what the word, "racist" means in Lithuania because if you were to visit there are no more ethnic races but their own....
Old 06-09-2011, 09:25 PM
VIP Member

Sure, a select group of Lithuanians and French have probably committed acts of racism or bigotry, but that gives you no right to target a entire group of people! I doubt you even know where Lithuania is or what the demographic is consisted of? Their Gross Nation Product and so on....

There is nothing glorious about those two countries and I doubt they even know what the word, "racist" means in Lithuania because if you were to visit there are no more ethnic races but their own....
Targeting an entire group of people, eh?
I don't think you read my post carefully enough; reread it again, please:

"But do I disdain you or your people just because members of your people have committed racist acts? Of course not! At the same time, I do not disdain myself or my own people for the racist acts that they have committed. To perpetuate hatred against an individual for the actions of a group is foolish and shows an inability to compartmentalize and to think logically. So relax, maaaannnnnn. "

As for Lithuania, I do know that it's an Eastern European country south of Latvia and north of Belarus that was formerly part of the Soviet Union. It's also homeland to many famed NBA players like Sarunas Marciulionis (that's actually kinda glorious, right? ). I also know that there have been issues with Chechnyan immigrants and Roma Gypsies there as well as ill feelings by some towards Muslims (but none of these contribute to any ill-will towards Lithuania or its people on my part). All that without Googling anything either.
Relax dude, read carefully and think about what I have to say instead of just jumping the gun and getting in my face about a perceived slight.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:33 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
I do know that it's an Eastern European country south of Latvia and north of Belarus that was formerly part of the Soviet Union. It's also homeland to many famed NBA players like Sarunas Marciulionis (that's actually kinda glorious, right? ). I also know that there have been issues with Chechnyan immigrants and Roma Gypsies there as well as ill feelings by some towards Muslims (but none of these contribute to any ill-will towards Lithuania or its people on my part). All that without Googling anything either.
Relax dude, read carefully and think about what I have to say instead of just jumping the gun and getting in my face about a perceived slight.
Did you just...... smite him?
Old 06-10-2011, 12:01 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by rau
I'll just leave this here.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:50 AM

I'll just leave this here.
Yes, we do have great basketball players!
Old 06-10-2011, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by rau
Yeah, I sense heavy sarcasm and feelings of animosity between us!

Yes, I am impressed to see that you are knowledgeable about your world geography!

BTW: I would still have to disagree about your statement you made about Lithuania being glorious because they have a hand-full of athletes! You may have book smarts, however, you have never traveled there! If you have stepped on Lithuanian soil before you would be shocked to see some of the conditions they live in. Many are stricken from extreme poverty, and barely have enough food to go around. I've been there, I would know
Old 06-10-2011, 10:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
As a person of mixed race origin, I find it weird when people date within their race.

/kidding
Old 06-10-2011, 12:58 PM
VIP Member

Yeah, I sense heavy sarcasm and feelings of animosity between us!

Yes, I am impressed to see that you are knowledgeable about your world geography!

BTW: I would still have to disagree about your statement you made about Lithuania being glorious because they have a hand-full of athletes! You may have book smarts, however, you have never traveled there! If you have stepped on Lithuanian soil before you would be shocked to see some of the conditions they live in. Many are stricken from extreme poverty, and barely have enough food to go around. I've been there, I would know
Guess I'll have to book my next vacation to Lithuania then.
(Along with a few other stops, of course -- always wanted to visit Eastern Europe)
Old 06-10-2011, 02:36 PM

Guess I'll have to book my next vacation to Lithuania then.
(Along with a few other stops, of course -- always wanted to visit Eastern Europe)
If your serious about visiting I recommend Czechoslovakia (Prague), Holland (Amsterdam), and Lithuania (Vilnus) beautiful country-side and friendly people

Quick Reply: Why Asians don't date asians. Both Views.