What's the scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

Old 01-28-2011, 03:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
EDIT: I-club isn't worthy of such knowledge.

Different type of scary? Working on starting my own business.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:37 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile

Forgot about that one; running your own business is stressful/scary every day.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:10 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by aznpride65o
held up at gun point by 10+ cops (long story) , hearing gun shots around my friends house in oakland with the front door completely open.
front door wide open in Oakland is asking for trouble
Old 01-28-2011, 01:46 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile

I had my own business for a few years. I got moved up to a higher bracket to the point where it almost wasn't worth doing because I took such a big hit on taxes. Definitely scary.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:25 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
Damn, Daniel. I remember hearing about that Rammstein air disaster. That`s definitely got to be the scariest thing.

I used to love going swimming in the deep part of the beach as a 14-17 year old. One day I was in the deep area at a beach over in Halfmoon Bay for a good 15 - 20 mins. After getting out of the water there was a shark fin circling around the exact area were I was for about the same amount of time I was swimming. My family and I were having a BBQ.
Anyway, I had all these things going on in my head about getting mauled by a shark. From that point I never went in that deep again. Then again I hear they could be in shallow waters.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:00 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Top 3

1)As a kid, we went to the drag races (sand), we were in the pits with my dads friend who had a open frame car. Watching a funny car blast down the 1/4, its twin paddle tires came off on one side, it spun, fliped end over end, and came down with the engine at full throttle, 3 feet from me, pointed right at me, it lurched half a foot and died as it poped out of gear. Had it stayed in gear it would have killed me, and 4-5 others.

2)High school, I was racing a few buddies, I was in my VW (70 bug w/2180cc and bus strip transaxle), flying down the 2 lane road when I came up on a almost 90 degree turn. I knew the turn, but was going WAY too fast. I hit it, and spun, 3 full spins I never let up out of the gas. The tires hooked up and shot me back across the road away from the ditch and pole I was going full tilt at, thru 3 mailboxes, one big shrub, and I got control and back on the road again...my heart in my throat I kept going and never looked back. Had to replace the front hood, and a few other parts.

3)around 22, I was hanging out with some homeboys, when a group from the other side of the city (look, fact is I was in with a BAD croud back then) pulled a drive by. I watched a friend take a round to the head..less than 2 feet from me...he didn't make it. The guys that did the drive by got theirs the next night, 3 of the 4 didn't make it. I got the hell out of that sceen 6 months after this all went down with a program the sheriff department had to help people out of the life.

Last edited by Overbear; 01-28-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:32 PM

Car Info: 2000 2 door RS/ daily driver vtech
couple years back when I went over to mexico to visit all my family members, I was sleeping in bed when I started to hear machetes scrape the floor on the second story at night, felt like they were doing it for 2hrs. my heart was beating so fast I couldnt breath good, sweating cold, and shaking, I can hear foot steps walking slow, steping on the leafs, I kept hitting my brother to wake up but some how he didnt wake up or didnt want too. I didnt slept the whole night. I mention it to my mom in the morning and said it was my grandparents, they use to fight alot and my grandpa will scrape his machete in the floor drawing his line...lol I wish I had meet them, thats pretty much the only scary thing thats had happend to me, I've seen death first hand and done things Iam not proud of but this inccident really scared the **** out of me, what if there is a heaven? dam, god will never let in then
Old 01-28-2011, 08:48 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX, 2014 BRZ
Originally Posted by Gibz
I would have to say finding my brother dead in his room from a brain aneurysm. Losing both my parents right before him. Getting robbed at gun point and guy made me get on my knees and held a gun to the back of my head. And getting hit by a drunk driver couple years ago and changing my life forever and not doing so hot these days.
this made my eyes watery, I'm really sorry...
Old 01-29-2011, 12:50 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by rau
Nope. Doing this nice and simple. Minus the flight to Fiji. Oh yeah....
Bachelor partyyyyyyy!

I have nothing to add to this thread. I get scared pretty easily, so there's nothing worth mentioning on my end. Thankfully so.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:11 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
1. flipped my 5.0 into a ditch that was filling as it was raining heavily. i wasnt scared just more pissed i wrecked it and was going to sell it. plus all my school books were ruined and had to get new ones.

2. wasnt scary for me but for others it was.... going on a tdy our jet somehow dropped maybe 1k ft and me not aware of whats going on i was like a kid on a roller coaster thinking it was fun lol
Old 01-29-2011, 02:38 AM

Car Info: Teh Subie
This tranny showed me her ***** once.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
1. almost getting swept out to sea, swimming for my life against the current, after following a turtle at Haunama Bay

2. tank slapper riding >100mph on my motorcycle (managed to pull out of it, dont know how)
Old 01-29-2011, 09:09 AM

Car Info: 00 BRP 2.5RS Sold = 04 SRR WRX Wagon, 06 AW STI :(
Originally Posted by krzyxrevver12
1. almost getting swept out to sea, swimming for my life against the current, after following a turtle at Haunama Bay

2. tank slapper riding >100mph on my motorcycle (managed to pull out of it, dont know how)
The wife and I were just in Haunama Bay a few months ago and saw some turtles, stayed away from the currents though. . .

Not too many scary moments come to mind, probably coming home after a cop busted me for racing in my dads M5 vs my friends E55 on Lawrence. He was then joking about it at a BMW meet that weekend.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Not so much scary for me, but scary for my family.

When I was 8 my appendix had started to rupture/burst... I was rushed to the hospital and didn't have to wait a single second. They immediately put me in a bathtub full of ice to lower my fever... the docs told my mom and dad that if I was 30mins late to the hospital that I could have died or at least have had severe brain damage because my temp was 108 That's NO JOKE.

My mom tried to be strong as I went into surgery but I could see the fear in her eyes... The potential of losing her 8 year old son. No parent should ever have to bury their kin. NEVER.

They removed my appendix just in time, it was rancid and highly infected. They asked me if they could keep it for observation because it had some kind of abnormality. So somewhere in a medical science book there's a picture of my infected appendix. Cool eh? That ish was scary as HELL.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
BTW, I'm purposely excluding the stories I have from the Yugo war.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's the scariest thing that's ever happened to you?