What's the best way to get revenge on my neighbors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
What's the best way to get revenge on my neighbors?

My annoying *** neighbors started hosting a hispanic Zumba class in their backyard 3 times a week (and charging people to come)...

I wouldn't mind if they didn't do the following:

1. The music is so loud that it literally rattles my windows and freaks my animals out

2. people drive and park like total idiots when attending the party. I live in a quiet dead end court which is usually devoid of traffic, but now we have like 15 cars showing up and blocking cars, driveways, driving irrisponsibly, etc.

Two of our other neighbors have called the police, but since its happening between 4pm and 7pm, they can't do much about it... We tried talking to them, but instead of being mature and understanding, they just laugh and extend the hours of the music just to spite us.

Enough is enough.

I was thinking of getting some REALLY strong stink bombs and a fan, every time they exercise I set off a stink bomb as well as a smoke bomb... Smoke them out of that backyard like insects.

What else can I do that wouldn't get me in trouble with the law?

You guys all wanna come over at the same time as the Zumba party and blast some LOUD Pantera to counteract their annnoying hispanic circus music? (I'm not even sure what the genre is, but it sounds like a ****ing circus!!!!)

Sadly they own the house so I can't report them to the owner.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:09 AM

Car Info: '11 STI
if they are charging money and dont have some sort of license to do so, i would think that can be reported
Old 05-17-2013, 09:09 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
"Stray" bullet?

Host an install day. Probably around 3-8 and fill the court with Subarus. Be sure to install at least one straight pipe turboback and "test" it out.

Originally Posted by flat489
if they are charging money and dont have some sort of license to do so, i would think that can be reported
Also something to look into... I guess.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:10 AM

Car Info: 2005 Saab 92X Aero
I don't know about laws here in CA, but if you block someone's driveway in Maryland you can be towed and ticketed. So if they're blocking driveways you can always have their cars taken away.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
They are charging "Donations" to get around the not having a lic thing, which is total BS!

Also, good call on tow trucks.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:21 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by brucelee
They are charging "Donations" to get around the not having a lic thing, which is total BS!

Also, good call on tow trucks.
Tax evasion!!!

Call the IRS.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Host a Harlem Shake while they are doing their Zumba?
Old 05-17-2013, 09:24 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by sigma pi
Tax evasion!!!

Call the IRS.
call INS while you are at it, your neighbours might be legal, but i doubt all their guests are.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:42 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by LifePlaza
Host a Harlem Shake while they are doing their Zumba?
I'm thinking more like invite a local death metal band

Originally Posted by brucelee
I am guessing there is still some kind of legal issue there.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:50 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by flat489
That is the route I would go. Find out if she has a business license and find out if she has anything related to operating a business out of her home... i.e. insurance.

I'd report it to the IRS because my guess is she's making $1000 a month tax free off of that.

The other thing you can do is monitor the parking. If ANYONE is blocking a mail box, driveway or whatever by even a foot. Call it in. People get enough tickets they won't want to go there anymore.

You can also grab a DB meter. Find out what the limits are. If they're over it. Report it.

Or you can just go ask her to keep the banda music down. If that doesn't work set up some speakers and crank some cannibal corpse.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:51 AM

Car Info: 2005 sti
Take out their valve stems in the tire. Lol they will never come back after that.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:51 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by 04GG
I'm thinking more like invite a local death metal band

I am guessing there is still some kind of legal issue there.
I could probably arrange that.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:53 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Cops won't come out for something like that, just to give out tickets, at least not in SJ they won't.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:54 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
I think you hit the nail on the head first post in. Pantera should do it

I like your stink bomb idea, very creative and with immediate results. Blowing the whistle with the IRS will take too long, and if they claim the funds went back into throwing the parties (replacing blown speakers and whatnot) they will most likely just get a slap on the wrist and be required to turn it into a legitamate business.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:55 AM

Car Info: 99 Swap'd GM6
First of all, in California, they may not tow you for blocking a sidewalk or driveway, but they will ticket you. Call the City. Parking enforcement would LOVE to come out and fill an unofficial quota with 10-15 tickets in one stop.

Second of all, it doesn't matter what they call their payment. "Donations" doesn't fly if my employer tells me, "Listen, we're going to start donating money to you for helping around the office." If it can be argued that this is a business (regular and consistent hours and days of operation), then report it to the IRS. Also, the only business I'm aware of that you can be run out of a home on a consistent basis without some sort of "home office" setup (eg. I run my photography business out of my home) is childcare, and you still need a license for that. If they don't have a license/business license/certificate, they can get in trouble. If they're doing personal training, there are licenses for personal trainers in some jurisdictions, and this can cause a huge headache to have a large group come down on top of you.

Continue to complain. Every day it happens. Talk to your neighbors. Have them continue to call and complain. Believe it or not, if you annoy the cops and dispatch enough, they will do something, even if it's not a set of criminal activities. You are entitled to quiet enjoyment of your home.

Call INS. Honestly. People who operate a business "under the table" are often doing it because they aren't in good standing with the IRS, The State, Local authorities, etc. Likelihood is, they don't want to be tracked for good reason. Call them out.

Call out local code enforcement. Believe it or not, there is a limit of people who can live in a single family home/apartment, and there is a fire code that states how many people can be in one place at one time. They may be violating this code.

Exacting revenge will ONLY make a situation like this worse. Trust me. They don't care how much you annoy them. They'll just annoy you more. People with no respect for others will only increase their lack of respect for you, and drive you insane.

Quick Reply: What's the best way to get revenge on my neighbors?