Whats the best forum for Android apps

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 05:40 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Whats the best forum for Android apps

New to this smart phone thing and I need to find a forum that discusses which apps are must haves and what not. help?
Old 10-12-2011, 05:57 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Hatchie
Lifehacker.com often does best of Android and iPhone apps. Their writers know their stuff pretty well, and the site covers some other pretty cool things.

XDA forum has stuff on apps, but it's more focused on hacking the phone. If you want to root your phone and possibly run 3rd party ROMs, this is the site.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:02 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I hate my android phone and as soon as humanly possible I'm switching to iPhone. It's really too bad because up until this recent update I was happy with my droid X. Very happy. This update is ****ing lame. Ruined EVERYTHING good about my phone... EVERYTHING>
Old 10-12-2011, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I hate my android phone and as soon as humanly possible I'm switching to iPhone. It's really too bad because up until this recent update I was happy with my droid X. Very happy. This update is ****ing lame. Ruined EVERYTHING good about my phone... EVERYTHING>
Which update was that? 2.3.3?
Old 10-12-2011, 06:42 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

you might be better off looking for a forum for your phone.

apps will be described in there...
Old 10-12-2011, 06:48 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Steven@Coach
Which update was that? 2.3.3?
whatever the newest one was. Last week. Friggin TERRIBLE.

It looks completely different. It works completely different. They moved and modified things than worked just fine. Added a bunch of unneeded B.S. Phone runs slower. Battery dies faster. texting is chunkier. The put stupid words to replace anything apple related. like iPhone translates to phonies.... etc.

Seriously turned a phone that I liked more than the iPhone into a complete an utter POS. I hate using it now. I pretty much go to 3 websites with it not and check 2 email address. Rarely text. Don't like the Facebook interaction but that's facebook's fault.

If the iPhone 5 is a little closer in size to the droid x I'll be all over it. I love the size of the X. It's a bit wider and nice and thin.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:51 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Have you hacked it?You can pretty much make it operate anyway you want nowadays. I remember back in the old days of hacking moto v3's It was fun, but things were limited. So small tricks were really sought after lol I was really satisfied with my v3i until it failed because of the ribbon strip to the screen.

If you have rooted and flashed it, ..... I guess you can try about going at it again fresh with other roms.

If you haven't done any of the above, and do not want to void your warranty (even though you can flash back to stock rom) then I guess .

But Im pretty sure you can downgrade and flash to the previous version, as long as you can find the file to download that is.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:01 PM
General Pimpin'

Yeah I haven't rooted it. I'm scared to do all that stuff. I don't come from the PC world so I'm just not used to doing that kind of stuff. Overclocking and what not.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:06 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
^ I see, yea if you don't know what you are doing, its best to not get tangled up in complications. But just letting you know that there are options to get your phone working like how you loved it, or even more so.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:19 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
That sucks Ray :/ my phone didn't change at all.. Evo 3d.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Ray you can always turn back the clock and install the previous version that you like, and you DO NOT have to be rooted to do so.

Funny this thread was started today. About 3am i got up to let the dog out and saw that i had an avail update, so i did it. Being half asleep and all, i forgot that you're not supposed to accept updates while being rooted (i was). So my phone was in a sort of limbo. So i flashed my phone back to a previous version, then accepted the update again, and found a new way to root the new update
Old 10-12-2011, 08:45 PM

Yeah I haven't rooted it. I'm scared to do all that stuff. I don't come from the PC world so I'm just not used to doing that kind of stuff. Overclocking and what not.
Buy me a beer and I'll root it any throw any version of Android on it you want. plus you can finally dump all the crap apps Verizon preloads on those things.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
^ yup i got rid of some bloat ware today as well
Old 10-13-2011, 11:00 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Ill check out the phone specific forums. Any good ones for Gz Commando? Im basically looking to get rid of all the preloaded apps like Bing etc and get some cool free apps.

My buddy already downloaded some organizer and a downloader for torrents on it but I just want to see how far I can take this phone. He also showed me how to turn off the data plan and steal other places bandwidth on wifi since Im only on a 2gig plan haha
Old 10-13-2011, 11:40 AM

Car Info: subaru legacy, 01 4eat
So... roll it back? You DID take a backup of your phone before you updated... right?....RIGHT?

Quick Reply: Whats the best forum for Android apps