What happens when shops forget to pay their rent?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 11:29 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by wrexxy
all of the poking fun of each other over maturity level is pretty ironic.

just my opinion.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:31 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Chris, I read your posts.

My above reply should explain how I feel.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:58 PM

Car Info: #400
Hey I'm 17 make fun of me please I clearly have half the driving skill and pretty much all skills of a 34 year old. It's pretty much simple math... that's what life is based on.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:00 AM
Admin v2.0

Originally Posted by trey2s
Hey I'm 17 make fun of me please I clearly have half the driving skill and pretty much all skills of a 34 year old. It's pretty much simple math... that's what life is based on.
Read what I said in my last post (long one).
Old 09-05-2004, 12:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
Alex: I thank you for your thoughtful response to this very active thread.

Scott: Your cool little pics you keep posting are old and not helpful, but if you think they're really contributing to the overall topic of this thread, that's cool with me.

Dan is my friend, and I've known him for a good amount of time. I stand behind him most of the way, but allow me to state one thing. Yes, I think that his actions in this thread were over the line and not needed, but his actions seem to be a direct result of your (Alex's) comments in regards to his generousity towards other members. Most of my **** talking posts are not needed, but how was that one warranted? The way I see it: garbage in, garbage out. Whether or not you meant for your post to be taken the way it was, Dan did the same thing that most members do on here (if the meaning was different): his considered it a personal attack on himself. I can fully understand now where you're coming from and respect what you're saying. Personal attacks are uncalled for, but then again so was your post towards Dan. As far as my membership goes if you believe I should be banned too for my lack of contribution, overzealous sarcasm, increased **** talking, or what not feel free, I will still read the technical threads when needed and still stay in touch with my friends on here, that call is on you. However, under the circumstances, I think you should offer Dan his membership back on I-Club, as he mostly stayed out of the DPT threads, and made good contributions to the site. We all make mistakes, sometimes in the heat of a situation do things we regret as well. I could see all of the drama going on and I must say it was amusing to feed into it just to see people blow up over little things, not necessarily just you Alex. I did not intend for my actions in particular to cause the amount of negativity that they have, and did not mean for them to be taken as disrespectfully as you have. So I will simply offer my apologies for them and will make an effort to abide by your rules. I appreciate this site and will do what I have to in order to stay within the online community.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:06 AM
BanHammer™

Originally Posted by AWD 20T

Scott: Your cool little pics you keep posting are old and not helpful, but if you think they're really contributing to the overall topic of this thread, that's cool with me.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:07 AM

Car Info: civic
fixed nvm.

edit**
Old 09-05-2004, 12:08 AM

Car Info: 180sx super drift machine!
Hit Refresh, Law

Bah, now my post looks lame
Old 09-05-2004, 12:09 AM

Car Info: civic
Originally Posted by Ex-ricer
Hit Refresh, Law

Bah, now my post looks lame

=] i did.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
Alex, just an idea: I hope after looking through this entire thread you think very hard before you add any more moderators, because it seems that current ones just can't handle it.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:14 AM
BanHammer™

Originally Posted by AWD 20T
Alex, just an idea: I hope after looking through this entire thread you think very hard before you add any more moderators, because it seems that current ones just can't handle it.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:22 AM
Admin v2.0

I never questioned Dan's generousity. He is not responsible for "DPT drama". You guys are. Those who kept referrng to him as DPT. I understand it was a joke, but I asked more than once to stop doing that. The DPT decals at SD meeting, the business card pics, the flier, etc.

When I said about insurance, jackstands, ect, I was merely explaining why vendors charge more. Because they are professionals and because they have businesses. I was not attacking Dan.

He personally attacked me. That is something I can only take for so much. He brought up **** trying to "scare me" or to "talk back to me". I am not going to take that, especially from someone who is that much younger than me.

All in all, you all know that I am really relaxed when it comes to rules here. However, when someone bluntly disses the rules ("dpt" minions) and then personally attacks me (Dan) after I try to enforce the rules, I am not going to sit back and let you ruin my work.

That's how I see it.

Dan already IMed me and appologized for what he said. That is one thing he needed to do. Next thing, to get "dpt" joke under control. When that is done, I will reconsider his ban, maybe.

And, out of all people, I know about installfest. That trend started at my house back in 1998. However, it was never blown out of proportions like this one.

Of course, everyone makes mistakes. But this mistake has been done more than once and noone learned from it, so I had to act.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:22 AM

Car Info: #400
I'm still not understanding...You banned Dan because of the fact that they made some threads about DPT. Although in reality, you banned him for personal reasons that included a verbal attack on you in this thread. Is it fair for you to be able to ban someone because of some **** they talk about you? If so, let's get a "file complaint" button for us other members on the board so anytime someone makes an attack against me, I can just click away and get them banned, because I've had **** talked to me about my age and what not many times! TIA

Add: I am not going to take that, especially from someone who is that much younger than me.

I could have sworn you just said something about you not being discriminating towards age, yet part of your reason for banning him is because he is younger than you and he talked down towards you. How does that make sense? Was it only true when you were young as well?

Last edited by trey2s; 09-05-2004 at 12:25 AM.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:23 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Wow, I am gone for 24 hours and people start getting banned, wtf.

Davons thread was a direct response to that jackstand and fire comment, which I totally think was uncalled for...Not only are you wishing bad upon Davon, but it is also directed to who evers car he is working on, that is not cool. Personal attacks need to stay on AIM or PM, both parties were wrong in this case, but Davons was only a direct response to yours, whether you think it was to a higher extreme is up to you.

I don't know if you realize it, but you lost an important asset to your site by banning Davon, Davon is actually active in technical type posts and he has always supported i-club and has never had anything bad to say about you on a personal level, the comment is what got him mad, whether he should have done what he did or not...well, everyone is going to have their own personal opinion on that.

Its funny though, Davon gets banned when I started this whole DPT thing...it was started out as a joke (and as a thumbs up to Davon) and it turned into a big thing. I take full responsibility for all DPT stuff that has been on i-club and I regret doing it at this point...it was supposed to be a simple thread, as a joke towards Davon and it grew to be much more then that, I never meant for that to happen.

Within the last almost 2 years I have grown to love this site and the people who are on, not only are they fellow board members, but they have become good friends of mine. As of recently things have changed, it hasn't been the same i-club as it was when it was started, things got too "over-moderated" I remember when you first started the site the second time around, Alex. Back when the only bay area mod was Josh...I dont think I ever remember these types of problems happening back then.

Anyways, like I said, I want to take full responsibility for the DPT stuff and I am willing to be removed from this site if you feel it will make things better for the site. I never meant for anything like this to happen over a simple "DPT JOKE".

-Zoeb

Quick Reply: What happens when shops forget to pay their rent?