i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   What happens when shops forget to pay their rent? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/what-happens-when-shops-forget-pay-their-rent-71559/)

dan avoN7 09-04-2004 04:26 PM

What happens when shops forget to pay their rent?

Just wondering what happens when shops forget to pay their rent. Do they get kicked out of their building and are forced to move somewhere else? Also what happens when you don't pay for car payments. Does your car get repoed?

ipozestu 09-04-2004 04:34 PM

I'd have to say that would be a case be case basis. I know with a car, most of the time they will assess a late payment charge, if left unpayed for you will be reported to collections, if still left unpayed they will repo. There is some lag time before that. You will be responsible for the balance on the auto. They can and will place a lien on your wages ect. It's really not good.

dan avoN7 09-04-2004 04:37 PM

yea it doesn't sound like a good situation to be in. Also what happens if you're sponsored and don't go to any shows. Do they take away your sponsorship and make you give back all your parts?

ipozestu 09-04-2004 04:47 PM

Davon are you having a little trouble @ DPT?:) The end of the year is coming. Get a credit card, charge it up, write off the expenses as a loss. Pay the credit card off. My wife's a realtor so I know this routine well.

dan avoN7 09-04-2004 04:51 PM

haha no im fine myself. I'm just wondering what would happen. I know its happened to someone on here.....

nachomc 09-04-2004 05:06 PM

If you can't make your rent, whether or not you get kicked out all depends on your lease. Same with a car loan - they usually give you a grace period (like my car payment is due the 11th of the month, but it's not late till the 21st or something). After 30 days, they'll report you to credit agencies, and you'll be getting fines from them. If you stop paying and don't contact they'll likely make an attempt to recover the car. If you call them and are upfront, they may be able to work with you on your payments.

Ex-ricer 09-04-2004 07:41 PM

Don't listen to them. The truth of the matter is you get a visit from a no-necked gorrilla in a suit named "Guido" or "Max" and they make not so indirect threat's. It's very troubling.

Imprezer 09-04-2004 08:15 PM

[quote]
Just wondering what happens when shops forget to pay their rent. Do they get kicked out of their building and are forced to move somewhere else? Also what happens when you don't pay for car payments. Does your car get repoed?

Also what happens if you're sponsored and don't go to any shows. Do they take away your sponsorship and make you give back all your parts?
[/quote]

Little ***** Dan is referring to me.

My Legacy got towed because I had no registration, so it got towed. BFD. I got it back in 4 days.

BOZZ moved to a new location and there is a rumor that we got kicked out.

My car is still sponsored by many companies. It is in the process of being built for the upcoming time attack. I have every single part on it I had before + many more.

So little ***** Dan is being pissy about me shutting his DPT bull**** threads so he decided to "scare me".

I ain't scared of that, *****! You are nobody and you know nothing. Professional installer my ass.

Banning starts today. Dan is first! I am tired of this ****.

P.S. Rules are rules. You don't go by the rules, you get your ass kicked out. I was too patient with this.

Imprezer 09-04-2004 08:16 PM

Who is next?

nachomc 09-04-2004 08:21 PM

[QUOTE=Imprezer]Little ***** Dan is referring to me.

My Legacy got towed because I had no registration, so it got towed. BFD. I got it back in 4 days.

BOZZ moved to a new location and there is a rumor that we got kicked out.

So little ***** Dan is being pissy about me shutting his DPT bull**** threads so he decided to "scare me".

I ain't scared of that, *****! You are nobody and you know nothing. Professional installer my ass.

Banning starts today. Dan is first! I am tired of this ****.

P.S. Rules are rules. You don't go by the rules, you get your ass kicked out. I was too patient with this.[/QUOTE]

Finally. Thanks, Alex.

sybir 09-04-2004 08:25 PM

[QUOTE=Imprezer]

P.S. Rules are rules. You don't go by the rules, you get your ass kicked out. I was too patient with this.[/QUOTE]

Good show, Alex. I know how you felt about bans, but you've done the right thing. More power to you, and less BS for us. Thanks!

Imprezer 09-04-2004 08:27 PM

It is not about kicking ass.

Its about respect.

I warned everyone about DPT many many times. Even tried to let it go. However, they just kept on pushing my buttons. All I did, was try to "enforce" the rules and I asked them nicely about that many many times.

However, they though that they can just drive over me. Ain't gonna happen, brother.

You all know that I have not kicked off a single person in since i-Club was re-started.

However, jackasses will always be jackasses and no matter how nice I want to be, they will just piss in the well and poison the water for everyone.

In any event, let this be a lesson for everyone.

Imprezer 09-04-2004 08:29 PM

Oh yeah, I will even sticky this, to prove that I got nothing to hide and ain't afraid of highschool-style rumors.

nachomc 09-04-2004 08:30 PM

[QUOTE=Imprezer]It is not about kicking ass.

Its about respect.[/QUOTE]

I know, man, but it's about time something was done about them. Good job, sir.

brucelee 09-04-2004 08:51 PM

Holy ****! I've known Alex for a long time now... almost 5 years... and I can honestly say that I've never seen him this pissed off.

There's a quote from Vladamir Putin... "Today we showed weakness, and the weak were defeated... From this point weakness is no longer an option".

Calm down Alex... all the OG's are still here... and we'll be here forever.

zumnwrx 09-04-2004 08:56 PM

awh man i kinda was starting to like devon...

oh well
edgar, :)

AzN121184 09-04-2004 09:07 PM

[QUOTE=zumnwrx]awh man i kinda was starting to like devon...

oh well
edgar, :)[/QUOTE]

davon edgar, haha. :)

zumnwrx 09-04-2004 09:11 PM

[QUOTE=AzN121184]davon edgar, haha. :)[/QUOTE]

does that even mater now?
haha

AzN121184 09-04-2004 09:18 PM

[QUOTE=zumnwrx]does that even mater now?
haha

guess not. :)

bluwrxwgn 09-04-2004 10:00 PM

[QUOTE=brucelee]Holy ****! I've known Alex for a long time now... almost 5 years... and I can honestly say that I've never seen him this pissed off.

There's a quote from Vladamir Putin... "Today we showed weakness, and the weak were defeated... From this point weakness is no longer an option".

Calm down Alex... all the OG's are still here... and we'll be here forever.[/QUOTE]

Yup yup. Well sorta OG, lol.

AWD 20T 09-04-2004 10:16 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]I know, man, but it's about time something was done about them. Good job, sir.[/QUOTE]

Please remove your mouth from his nuts for at least one minute...

Imprezer 09-04-2004 10:20 PM

Please stop talking **** for at least one minute...

r8c3w1tm3 09-04-2004 10:20 PM

[QUOTE=AWD 20T]Please remove your mouth from his nuts for at least one minute...[/QUOTE]

werd

Imprezer 09-04-2004 10:21 PM

I just find it very funny that only teenagers tend to talk **** around here...

It's a trend, I guess.

A 04 GUIZE 09-04-2004 10:22 PM

[QUOTE=AWD 20T]Please remove your mouth from his nuts for at least one minute...[/QUOTE]

well said

-Aaron

Imprezer 09-04-2004 10:23 PM

+ 1 teen. ;)

nachomc 09-04-2004 10:27 PM

Oh no, don't make fun of me on the internet :( :( :(

Seriously, man, grow up.

UK n00b 09-04-2004 10:30 PM

Wow Sticky now...

Anyway please don't confuse Davon with Dev, Dev works with us (and IDP Engineering) and is not part of DPT.

Anyway that's all, please feel free to enjoy the rest of the "now" normal BAIC I-Club Drama *yawn*....

Mike

sybir 09-04-2004 10:31 PM

And again with the dick jokes.
Scintillating display of your intellect, Chris. How old are you? Drop it, fer chrissakes.

AWD 20T 09-04-2004 10:31 PM

Alex,

I have never really had a problem with this site. As you can see I have been a member for quite some time (12/02) and have learned a great deal about my car, and met some people that have turned into good friendships rather than just people I chat with on the boards. Having been a previous active NASIOC member, my choice of Subaru information site has turned to I-Club because of the members, information, etc. However, until late it seems that things have changed. I have to say in general that people seem to be quite uptight on this site. I am not going to point out any individual members or threads/posts, but in general people really need to realize that this is an online forum and things should be more relaxed than they are. I understand there needs to be a good deal of moderation on here to make sure things don't get out of hand in the way that they could without it. But in general people need to be less (excuse the lax term) "butthurt" about the little things that go on. We are a community and like any kind that is made up of many people around the globe, there is going to be some controversy, but someone has to agree with me on this that many should just lighten up and take things with a grain of salt. I have no problem saying that I have been involved in some of the things that are frowned upon by you, but in no way were they meant to cause the drama that has developed. I just thought I should share what was on my mind.

Chris

UK n00b 09-04-2004 10:35 PM

[QUOTE=AWD 20T]Alex,

I have never really had a problem with this site. As you can see I have been a member for quite some time (12/02) and have learned a great deal about my car, and met some people that have turned into good friendships rather than just people I chat with on the boards. Having been a previous active NASIOC member, my choice of Subaru information site has turned to I-Club because of the members, information, etc. However, until late it seems that things have changed. I have to say in general that people seem to be quite uptight on this site. I am not going to point out any individual members or threads/posts, but in general people really need to realize that this is an online forum and things should be more relaxed than they are. I understand there needs to be a good deal of moderation on here to make sure things don't get out of hand in the way that they could without it. But in general people need to be less (excuse the lax term) "butthurt" about the little things that go on. We are a community and like any kind that is made up of many people around the globe, there is going to be some controversy, but someone has to agree with me on this that many should just lighten up and take things with a grain of salt. I have no problem saying that I have been involved in some of the things that are frowned upon by you, but in no way were they meant to cause the drama that has developed. I just thought I should share what was on my mind.

Chris[/QUOTE]

I for one am offended by that comment..

nachomc 09-04-2004 10:36 PM

[QUOTE=AWD 20T]Alex,

Chris[/QUOTE]

Truth be told, you and your pals are the ones who cause 99% of the drama of which you speak. And you can't post penis jokes and then try to act smart in the same thread. If you want to fix the problems you're posting of, try looking at yourself, man.

joltdudeuc 09-04-2004 10:46 PM

You have talent

But you aren't a shop Dan. I've always liked that you've done 90%+ of the work on your car, and that really speaks volumes on it's own. I like that you help others install items on their cars for little or no reimbursement. But you aren't shop, and that's just a fact.

Not belonging to a shop, not owning one, and not being employed by one, what makes you feel that you have any right to state such comments? Simple advice to you: Don't listen to what these i-club misfits say and complain about to you on IMs and chat.

To zoeb, chris, aaron, and the many others whom feel that attacking alex is your civic interweb duty, you guys need to realize that this is not a public place. None of your tax dollars are going into this site, and nothing is owed to you. Actually that goes for every member that is on this site. We pretty much OWE Alex every bit of respect for started that first bulletin section on ImprezersLair back in the late 90s. From there, the internet subaru community as we know it today has become what it is. We have close to 10 community sites, tailoring to specific interests and 5 times that many companies whom offer products and support for our cars.

But none of this would be here in the manner that is is today, here in the unites states, if it weren't for Alex. No matter much you dislike his policies, and no matter how much you feel that he mistreats you on this forum, you owe him that much respect for even sparking the internet community for our cars.

You've publicy chosen to disregard his authority, and I have 100% back of his decisions from now on with how to deal with your misbehavior on this board. This is HIS site, and unfortunately, you must comply with his askings, or not be included.

Back to Dan. I think its pretty low to say things like this. If your memership meant that much to you, you would have thought twice to post things like this on the net. You aren't only personally attacking Alex, but attacking a business in our online community as well as our community here in the bay area. You have zero proof to back your claims, and you have no base in your remarks.

Anyone here whom feels that they have the right to say what they want is absolutely wrong. If you dont like this site, get the **** out of here.

AWD 20T 09-04-2004 10:48 PM

If you carefully read my post, you would see that I admitted to doing things Alex did not appreciate, so thanks for reminding me once again. As for the drama you refer to, it only seems to turn into / create drama because of assumptions or skewed interpretations of the meaning behind the posts. If people wouldn't take things to heart so much on a public internet site, perhaps the drama would decrease. Sure, I talk **** to people in certain situations, sometimes warranted, most of the time not. But as far as I'm concerned, you don't like it, delete my post, I could care less. Oh and I can't post penis jokes and act smart as well? That's very interesting. I suppose you're the kind of person who also believes that because I'm only 20 and most likely younger than you, I must possess a greater level of immaturity than you. Please, age really means nothing.

Chris

Egan 09-04-2004 10:51 PM

[QUOTE=AWD 20T]If you carefully read my post, you would see that I admitted to doing things Alex did not appreciate, so thanks for reminding me once again. As for the drama you refer to, it only seems to turn into / create drama because of assumptions or skewed interpretations of the meaning behind the posts. If people wouldn't take things to heart so much on a public internet site, perhaps the drama would decrease. Sure, I talk **** to people in certain situations, sometimes warranted, most of the time not. But as far as I'm concerned, you don't like it, delete my post, I could care less. Oh and I can't post penis jokes and act smart as well? [b]That's very interesting. I suppose you're the kind of person who also believes that because I'm only 20 and most likely younger than you, I must possess a greater level of immaturity than you. Please, age really means nothing.[/b]

Chris[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=AWD 20T][b]Please remove your mouth from his nuts for at least one minute...[/b][/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

nachomc 09-04-2004 10:52 PM

[QUOTE=AWD 20T]Oh and I can't post penis jokes and act smart as well? That's very interesting. I suppose you're the kind of person who also believes that because I'm only 20 and most likely younger than you, I must possess a greater level of immaturity than you. Please, age really means nothing.

Chris[/QUOTE]

The fact that you're 20 doesn't make me think you possess a lesser level of maturity than I, that fact that you make penis jokes (and poor ones at that) does.

sybir 09-04-2004 10:53 PM

Age means nothing, you're correct. However, I'm just saying that posting stupid crap implies immaturity, which is totally separate from age.

Nick Koan 09-04-2004 10:55 PM

[img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000000518.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img]

soundwave 09-04-2004 10:56 PM

[QUOTE=AWD 20T] Please, age really means nothing.

[/QUOTE]
LOL. It is a good indicator of how people act. A 15-16 yr old is probably more likely to talk **** to have fun than someone in their late 20s or early 30s. Same goes for their driving style... just look at the insurance rates.

It's a fact.

dorifto88 09-04-2004 10:56 PM

[QUOTE=nKoan][img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000000518.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

i had that cd, but someone jacked it.

that cd = gg

dorifto88 09-04-2004 10:57 PM

[QUOTE=soundwave]LOL. It is a good indicator of how people act. A 15-16 yr old is probably more likely to talk **** to have fun than something in their late 20s or early 30s. Same goes for their driving style... just look at the insurance rates.

It's a fact.[/QUOTE]

which is exactly why GI's are all 18, easily programed, and arrogant sonnovaguns lol

Long_Travel_WRX 09-04-2004 10:58 PM

i know i may be adding fuel to the fire but dans not here to defend himself so im sure this comment was the reason dan decided to make this thread

(DPT is not a vendor and neither is a professional installer.

Sure, if you choose someone work in your car in someone else's garage for $9.99, its your choice.

I'd like to see what dpt will do when someones car falls off the jack stands or catches on fire during fuel pump and bbq.

- Alex )

sybir 09-04-2004 10:58 PM

[img]http://neurosybir.net/sybir/deargod_stop.jpg[/img]

AWD 20T 09-04-2004 10:59 PM

To respond to Gagan's post: I greatly appreciate Alex's willingness to create this site and run it how he has been. If it weren't for him, I would not know half as much as I do about Subarus and would not have met the people I am friends with thru this. I don't have a problem with Alex or really any of the members. I just think that some people take things way too seriously which doesn't end the situation, but just fuels it and makes it more dramatic than it has to be. The DPT situation is a perfect example. The initial thread was a joke of course, but also to give Dan a few thumbs up for the great work he did on a few members' cars. A simple reply to the thread by a staff member or Alex letting members know that he isn't an actual business would have sufficed to many. But instead people got all worked up about it and mad over a harmless joke. Oh I'm sorry if people thought it was a real business. I got a few PMs about DPT by members who believed it was a business: I simply replied telling them the truth and our discussion ended. Dumping the thread and creating huge drama about it was not needed, at least in my opinion. In my eyes, I see nothing wrong with a member of our community helping out people on installs. If those letting Dan help out feel the need to compensate him for his time, that is their business and no one elses. EVERYONE on this site is free to patronize anyone he/she feels like to work on his/her vehicle. Whether it be a storefront or a generous member/friend. If this isn't the case, then I think no one should be allowed to help ANYONE with anything, be it advice or physical labor. But considering the fact that the Subaru community is promoted here, I find that contradictory.

zumnwrx 09-04-2004 11:04 PM

i personally just dont care...

but one thing is for sure this site and its memebers is getting alittle more and more club SIish...

i mean when i first started going to meets i loved hanging out and kicking it with everyone, and it seemed everyone was cool and mature but latly the crowds have gotten all kinda childish and more clickish (little *****es)

and that sucks
subaru = honda

AWD 20T 09-04-2004 11:06 PM

[QUOTE=zumnwrx]i personally just dont care...

but one thing is for sure this site and its memebers is getting alittle more and more club SIish...

and that sucks
[/QUOTE]

Edgar I hate to say it but I see that happening as well, and if I knew it was going to turn out like this, I would have just stopped posting a long time ago.

nachomc 09-04-2004 11:07 PM

[QUOTE=AWD 20T]Edgar I hate to say it but I see that happening as well, and if I knew it was going to turn out like this, I would have just stopped posting a long time ago.[/QUOTE]
It's never too late to start....

Long_Travel_WRX 09-04-2004 11:09 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]It's never too late to start....[/QUOTE]
lol you crack me up buddy your worse than most of the ZCP/dpt crew

AWD 20T 09-04-2004 11:11 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]It's never too late to start....[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your great contribution to this thread, we appreciate you trying to better the situation rather than just throwing in wise cracks.

nachomc 09-04-2004 11:11 PM

[QUOTE=Long_Travel_WRX]lol you crack me up buddy your worse than most of the ZCP/dpt crew[/QUOTE]
[spelling nazi]"you're", tough guy[/spelling nazi]

zumnwrx 09-04-2004 11:11 PM

[QUOTE=Long_Travel_WRX]lol you crack me up buddy your worse than most of the ZCP/dpt crew[/QUOTE]

w3rd... sonic im sorry but just look at your posts in this thread and even you yourself would say "what a kiss ass"

alex's posts is one thing... you didnt have to come on and be his cheerleader

nachomc 09-04-2004 11:12 PM

[QUOTE=AWD 20T]Thanks for your great contribution to this thread, we appreciate you trying to better the situation rather than just throwing in wise cracks.[/QUOTE]
It's no penis joke, but at least I'm trying.

nachomc 09-04-2004 11:13 PM

[QUOTE=zumnwrx]w3rd... sonic im sorry but just look at your posts in this thread and even you yourself would say "what a kiss ass"

alex's posts is one thing... you didnt have to come on and be his chearleader

For the record, Edgar, Alex asked me to edit what I originally posted, so I had to think up something very quickly.

Regardless, I still agree with his actions, because Davon and the DPT people were blatantly disrespecting him and it wasn't cool. I'm not being a kiss ass by thinking they were being jerks.

Max Xevious 09-04-2004 11:16 PM

[QUOTE=dan avoN7]Just wondering what happens when shops forget to pay their rent. Do they get kicked out of their building and are forced to move somewhere else? Also what happens when you don't pay for car payments. Does your car get repoed?[/QUOTE]

[img]http://www.planetdivision.com/max/Pics/bannedcamp.jpg[/img]

AWD 20T 09-04-2004 11:17 PM

I don't feel posting in this thread is going to make anything better, so I'm just going to wait until Alex has a chance to read my posts and respond to my feelings on the issue. Bickering with a new mod and relatively new member clearly aren't making things better. I'll keep reading though.

Max Xevious 09-04-2004 11:19 PM

[QUOTE=AWD 20T]I don't feel posting in this thread is going to make anything better, so I'm just going to wait until Alex has a chance to read my posts and respond to my feelings on the issue. Bickering with a new mod and relatively new member clearly aren't making things better. I'll keep reading though.[/QUOTE]

[img]http://www.planetdivision.com/max/Pics/more3/waaambulance.jpg[/img]

AzN121184 09-04-2004 11:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH]204984[/ATTACH]

wrexxy 09-04-2004 11:24 PM

all of the poking fun of each other over maturity level is pretty ironic.

just my opinion.

Imprezer 09-04-2004 11:28 PM

Ok, I read everything. I dont wanna quote lots of stuff but this is generally how I feel.

1. While I "created" all this, I don't want and never did take full credit for this. Like I always said: "You are nothing with me and I am nothing without you". That means that a combination of my dedication, creativity and passion with your passion, willingness to help and general interest is what made Subaru Enthusiasts' movement today. Not just i-Club. Of course, there are others that personally contributed to it on a larger level. Nick@NASIOC, guys from RS25.com, clubWRX.net creators and few others.

2. To say that i-Club is tuning into ClubSi is not correct, as I will never let that happen. And **** that I am constantly fighting with, is the kind of immature BS that PUSHES the site to become "Si-sh".

3. Age means nothing, I agree. I came to the US by myself when I was 16 and out of all people I know that better than most. However, younger people must be respectful of older people. That is something your parents should have tought you. Thats just manners and once again respect.

4. On i-Club, besides common age-respect, there is respect for people that has been active for longer times. So new people, should not jump on OG people's backs ESPECIALLY when they are sometimes half their age.

5. Dan got banned for personally attacking me. He had a chance to reply to me re: jackstands, but he chose to stir ****ty rumors up. You can say my car is ugly or that I cannot drive or that I have no sense of style, or that I am a sneaky ****ing russian. Thats all fair games. But to go personal about car being repoed and **** like that is not cool. Whats next? Talk about what grades I got in school and that I have family members in jail?

6. Lighen up? Sure, thats cool with me. However, I have been trying to lighten up and let lots of stuff slide by, but when people take advantage of that, there is only so much I can take.

7. Rules. I dont have many and they are not enforced that much. I ask you, members to do or not to do something and it generally works. But, if I have to ENFORCE something, I will, sooner or later, once all other ways of dealing with it don't work.

---

Once again, it is all about respect. If there is no respect, there is nothing. **** talking, back stabbing, etc is something that should have been left in high schools. I will not tolerate it here. Never did, never will. But I guess simply asking people to act appropriately is not enough.

Also, remember, this is a technical message board. Not dating service, not OT site, not Friendster. Little parts of those are ok here, but the main purpose of the board is sharing technical knowledge. And, once again, typically, those who start **** up, never contribute technically or very little.

In any event, like Ali G. said...

[b] R E S P E K [/b]

UK n00b 09-04-2004 11:28 PM

[QUOTE=wrexxy]all of the poking fun of each other over maturity level is pretty ironic.

just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Sorry had to say your location is funny, to think you call it a car.... :p

Mike

Max Xevious 09-04-2004 11:29 PM

[QUOTE=wrexxy]all of the poking fun of each other over maturity level is pretty ironic.

just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

[img]http://www.planetdivision.com/max/Pics/whatazn.gif[/img]

Imprezer 09-04-2004 11:31 PM

Chris, I read your posts.

My above reply should explain how I feel.

trey2s 09-04-2004 11:58 PM

Hey I'm 17 make fun of me please I clearly have half the driving skill and pretty much all skills of a 34 year old. It's pretty much simple math... that's what life is based on.

razorlab 09-04-2004 11:58 PM

[QUOTE=Imprezer]Who is next?[/QUOTE]

OOH OOOH OOOH OOH!! ME!! ME!!!!!!

Imprezer 09-05-2004 12:00 AM

[QUOTE=trey2s]Hey I'm 17 make fun of me please I clearly have half the driving skill and pretty much all skills of a 34 year old. It's pretty much simple math... that's what life is based on.[/QUOTE]

Read what I said in my last post (long one).

AWD 20T 09-05-2004 12:04 AM

Alex: I thank you for your thoughtful response to this very active thread.

Scott: Your cool little pics you keep posting are old and not helpful, but if you think they're really contributing to the overall topic of this thread, that's cool with me.

Dan is my friend, and I've known him for a good amount of time. I stand behind him most of the way, but allow me to state one thing. Yes, I think that his actions in this thread were over the line and not needed, but his actions seem to be a direct result of your (Alex's) comments in regards to his generousity towards other members. Most of my **** talking posts are not needed, but how was that one warranted? The way I see it: [i]garbage in, garbage out[/i]. Whether or not you meant for your post to be taken the way it was, Dan did the same thing that most members do on here (if the meaning was different): his considered it a personal attack on himself. I can fully understand now where you're coming from and respect what you're saying. Personal attacks are uncalled for, but then again so was your post towards Dan. As far as my membership goes if you believe I should be banned too for my lack of contribution, overzealous sarcasm, increased **** talking, or what not feel free, I will still read the technical threads when needed and still stay in touch with my friends on here, that call is on you. However, under the circumstances, I think you should offer Dan his membership back on I-Club, as he mostly stayed out of the DPT threads, and made good contributions to the site. We all make mistakes, sometimes in the heat of a situation do things we regret as well. I could see all of the drama going on and I must say it was amusing to feed into it just to see people blow up over little things, not necessarily just you Alex. I did not intend for my actions in particular to cause the amount of negativity that they have, and did not mean for them to be taken as disrespectfully as you have. So I will simply offer my apologies for them and will make an effort to abide by your rules. I appreciate this site and will do what I have to in order to stay within the online community.

Max Xevious 09-05-2004 12:06 AM

[QUOTE=AWD 20T]

Scott: Your cool little pics you keep posting are old and not helpful, but if you think they're really contributing to the overall topic of this thread, that's cool with me.

[/QUOTE]

[img]http://www.planetdivision.com/max/Pics/myphurts.gif[/img]

AzN121184 09-05-2004 12:07 AM

fixed nvm.

edit**

Ex-ricer 09-05-2004 12:08 AM

Hit Refresh, Law :)

Bah, now my post looks lame :p

AzN121184 09-05-2004 12:09 AM

[QUOTE=Ex-ricer]Hit Refresh, Law :)

Bah, now my post looks lame :p[/QUOTE]

=] i did.

AWD 20T 09-05-2004 12:10 AM

Alex, just an idea: I hope after looking through this entire thread you think very hard before you add any more moderators, because it seems that current ones just can't handle it.

Max Xevious 09-05-2004 12:14 AM

[QUOTE=AWD 20T]Alex, just an idea: I hope after looking through this entire thread you think very hard before you add any more moderators, because it seems that current ones just can't handle it.[/QUOTE]

[img]http://www.planetdivision.com/max/Pics/no-dog.jpg[/img]

Imprezer 09-05-2004 12:22 AM

I never questioned Dan's generousity. He is not responsible for "DPT drama". You guys are. Those who kept referrng to him as DPT. I understand it was a joke, but I asked more than once to stop doing that. The DPT decals at SD meeting, the business card pics, the flier, etc.

When I said about insurance, jackstands, ect, I was merely explaining why vendors charge more. Because they are professionals and because they have businesses. I was not attacking Dan.

He personally attacked me. That is something I can only take for so much. He brought up **** trying to "scare me" or to "talk back to me". I am not going to take that, especially from someone who is that much younger than me.

All in all, you all know that I am really relaxed when it comes to rules here. However, when someone bluntly disses the rules ("dpt" minions) and then personally attacks me (Dan) after I try to enforce the rules, I am not going to sit back and let you ruin my work.

That's how I see it.

Dan already IMed me and appologized for what he said. That is one thing he needed to do. Next thing, to get "dpt" joke under control. When that is done, I will reconsider his ban, maybe.

And, out of all people, I know about installfest. That trend started at my house back in 1998. However, it was never blown out of proportions like this one.

Of course, everyone makes mistakes. But this mistake has been done more than once and noone learned from it, so I had to act.

trey2s 09-05-2004 12:22 AM

I'm still not understanding...You banned Dan because of the fact that they made some threads about DPT. Although in reality, you banned him for personal reasons that included a verbal attack on you in this thread. Is it fair for you to be able to ban someone because of some **** they talk about you? If so, let's get a "file complaint" button for us other members on the board so anytime someone makes an attack against me, I can just click away and get them banned, because I've had **** talked to me about my age and what not many times! TIA

Add: [i]I am not going to take that, especially from someone who is that much younger than me. [/i]

I could have sworn you just said something about you not being discriminating towards age, yet part of your reason for banning him is because he is younger than you and he talked down towards you. How does that make sense? Was it only true when you were young as well?

Zoeb2s 09-05-2004 12:23 AM

Wow, I am gone for 24 hours and people start getting banned, wtf.

Davons thread was a direct response to that jackstand and fire comment, which I totally think was uncalled for...Not only are you wishing bad upon Davon, but it is also directed to who evers car he is working on, that is not cool. Personal attacks need to stay on AIM or PM, both parties were wrong in this case, but Davons was only a direct response to yours, whether you think it was to a higher extreme is up to you.

I don't know if you realize it, but you lost an important asset to your site by banning Davon, Davon is actually active in technical type posts and he has always supported i-club and has never had anything bad to say about you on a personal level, the comment is what got him mad, whether he should have done what he did or not...well, everyone is going to have their own personal opinion on that.

Its funny though, Davon gets banned when I started this whole DPT thing...it was started out as a joke (and as a thumbs up to Davon) and it turned into a big thing. I take full responsibility for all DPT stuff that has been on i-club and I regret doing it at this point...it was supposed to be a simple thread, as a joke towards Davon and it grew to be much more then that, I never meant for that to happen.

Within the last almost 2 years I have grown to love this site and the people who are on, not only are they fellow board members, but they have become good friends of mine. As of recently things have changed, it hasn't been the same i-club as it was when it was started, things got too "over-moderated" I remember when you first started the site the second time around, Alex. Back when the only bay area mod was Josh...I dont think I ever remember these types of problems happening back then.

Anyways, like I said, I want to take full responsibility for the DPT stuff and I am willing to be removed from this site if you feel it will make things better for the site. I never meant for anything like this to happen over a simple "DPT JOKE".

-Zoeb

Imprezer 09-05-2004 12:25 AM

My moderators can handle it very well.

And, despite what you may think, I don't choose them based on where they are from or how old they are. I choose them based on their contributions, participations and general behavior around here.

At this point, I need 4-8 more mods and I will be happy.

And just for your info, everything that the mods do, is discussed among other mods and I. That is how it is done around here. We don't have hotshots around here.

AWD 20T 09-05-2004 12:27 AM

Just in response to your comments on the decals, etc. Just to make things clear, what goes on outside of this site is of not your concern. I certainly hope actions on this site will not be taken as a result of things occuring outside of the internet.

kidatari 09-05-2004 12:28 AM

People like AWD20T, Law, RazorLab, and trey2s need to back up a bit. Do remember that this is Alex's site, and though I understand that this is a community, someone needed to put a foot down. If it was my forum, I would have done just as Alex did. Even if Davon gets un-banned, it still served it's purpose -- to send a message.

And if you *****es don't like it, go post on NASIOC, the BAIC forum on there is hoppin', from what I hear. YBR.

Imprezer 09-05-2004 12:31 AM

Zoeb,

I appreciate your input.

With the fire and jackstand comment, once again, I was not attacking Dan. I was merely pointing out to the fact that there are benefits of going to a professional shop vs. having someone do it for few bucks. I said it, because of your "DPT JOKE". It went overboard and I have asked you to stop it. However, not only did you not stop, but also continued on.

The site is not over-moderated. To think that is foolish. You are just stereotyping moderators. And, I had to get moderators, because of what was happening. Not vice-versa.

trey2s 09-05-2004 12:32 AM

[QUOTE=kidatari]People like AWD20T, Law, RazorLab, and trey2s need to back up a bit. Do remember that this is Alex's site, and though I understand that this is a community, someone needed to put a foot down. If it was my forum, I would have done just as Alex did. Even if Davon gets un-banned, it still served it's purpose -- to send a message.

And if you *****es don't like it, go post on NASIOC, the BAIC forum on there is hoppin', from what I hear. YBR.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know NASIOC had a Bay Area I-Club forum. I'll check that out!

AzN121184 09-05-2004 12:33 AM

[QUOTE=kidatari]People like AWD20T, Law, RazorLab, and trey2s need to back up a bit. Do remember that this is Alex's site, and though I understand that this is a community, someone needed to put a foot down. If it was my forum, I would have done just as Alex did. Even if Davon gets un-banned, it still served it's purpose -- to send a message.

And if you *****es don't like it, go post on NASIOC, the BAIC forum on there is hoppin', from what I hear. YBR.[/QUOTE]

i dont see how this relates to me. i am in no way part of this, nor have i brought myself into this. so get your stuff straight please.

Imprezer 09-05-2004 12:35 AM

[QUOTE=trey2s]I'm still not understanding...You banned Dan because of the fact that they made some threads about DPT. Although in reality, you banned him for personal reasons that included a verbal attack on you in this thread. Is it fair for you to be able to ban someone because of some **** they talk about you? If so, let's get a "file complaint" button for us other members on the board so anytime someone makes an attack against me, I can just click away and get them banned, because I've had **** talked to me about my age and what not many times! TIA
[/quote]

Dan did not get banned for DPT. Dan got banned for personally attacking me on my forum. Not just personally attacking me but going TOO personal as in regards to my financial wellbeing. That is different.

[QUOTE=trey2s]I could have sworn you just said something about you not being discriminating towards age, yet part of your reason for banning him is because he is younger than you and he talked down towards you. How does that make sense? Was it only true when you were young as well?[/QUOTE]

I also said something about respect.

nachomc 09-05-2004 12:36 AM

[QUOTE=trey2s]I didn't know NASIOC had a Bay Area I-Club forum. I'll check that out![/QUOTE]
BAIC = [b]B[/b]ay [b]A[/b]rea [b]I[/b]mpreza [B]C[/b]lub, genius.

trey2s 09-05-2004 12:37 AM

[QUOTE=Imprezer]I also said something about respect.[/QUOTE]

I'm not being smart, but aren't you supposed to moderate the forums, not your, or anyone else's life and the problems in them? What does an attack on a moderator have to do with the safety and good being of the forums? Because you feel upset now?

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]BAIC = [b]B[/b]ay [b]A[/b]rea [b]I[/b]mpreza [B]C[/b]lub, genius.[/QUOTE]

So what does i-club stand for again?

Long_Travel_WRX 09-05-2004 12:38 AM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]BAIC = [b]B[/b]ay [b]A[/b]rea [b]I[/b]mpreza [B]C[/b]lub, genius.[/QUOTE]
take it down a bit he is a noob

nachomc 09-05-2004 12:39 AM

[QUOTE=trey2s]I'm not being smart, but aren't you supposed to moderate the forums, not your, or anyone else's life and the problems in them? What does an attack on a moderator have to do with the safety and good being of the forums? Because you feel upset now?

So what does i-club stand for again?[/QUOTE]
You do realize it's [i]HIS[/i] forum, right?

Zoeb2s 09-05-2004 12:39 AM

He was being sarcastic b/c there are like 3 posts in that forum...

Imprezer 09-05-2004 12:40 AM

[QUOTE=trey2s]I'm not being smart, but aren't you supposed to moderate the forums, not your, or anyone else's life and the problems in them? What does an attack on a moderator have to do with the safety and good being of the forums? Because you feel upset now?[/QUOTE]

Attack on me. An-uncalled personal attack at the owner of the site. And if you question my dedication to the well being of these forums, you are in the wrong place, pal. I too am not being smart. I think you just missed the point and did not read the previous posts.

nachomc 09-05-2004 12:40 AM

[QUOTE=02BlackWRX]He was being sarcastic b/c there are like 3 posts in that forum...[/QUOTE]
I know he was.

Zoeb2s 09-05-2004 12:41 AM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]You do realize it's [i]HIS[/i] forum, right?[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Imprezer]

1. While I "created" all this, I don't want and never did take full credit for this. Like I always said: "You are nothing with me and I am nothing without you". That means that a combination of my dedication, creativity and passion with your passion, willingness to help and general interest is what made Subaru Enthusiasts' movement today. Not just i-Club. Of course, there are others that personally contributed to it on a larger level. Nick@NASIOC, guys from RS25.com, clubWRX.net creators and few others.

[/QUOTE]

[color=white].[/color]

kidatari 09-05-2004 12:42 AM

[QUOTE=02BlackWRX]He was being sarcastic b/c there are like 3 posts in that forum...[/QUOTE]

Regardless, there's another forum there if people can't deal with Alex's ruling. Considering that he does [i]own[/i] the site.

sybir 09-05-2004 12:42 AM

[QUOTE=trey2s]I'm not being smart, but aren't you supposed to moderate the forums, not your, or anyone else's life and the problems in them? What does an attack on a moderator have to do with the safety and good being of the forums? Because you feel upset now?

So what does i-club stand for again?[/QUOTE]

This isn't a moderation question. This is someone directly attacking the person who owns the boards, He can do whatever the hell he wants, it's his perogative. Quite honestly, I'd do the same thing if someone started bring up personal stuff and trying to sling crap.

There are other Impreza clubs, there is only one I-club.
Alex, you know you've got support here.

nachomc 09-05-2004 12:43 AM

Zoeb, I'm aware of all that. However, there's still a difference between making fun of a mod (such as me, or any of the other "staff members") and the site admin. You have to agree with that. And regardless, Dan and the whole DPT thing went way too far, and he was breaking the rules consistently anyway. He deserved this ban.

SsTiNgEr77 09-05-2004 12:45 AM

gagen, do you really think without imprezer the subaru community wouldn't grow? every car has its message boards, some greater than others but thats more due to the owners of the cars, its not imprezer who's to thank here, if anything, I-club events haven't be A+ anyway with the track day horror story.

imprezer: none of the DPT threads were ever posted outside of the BAIC forum, dont know why your gettin all worked up because of it, this should be the forum where bay area members can post

sybir 09-05-2004 12:46 AM

[QUOTE=02BlackWRX]I'm missing the point.[/QUOTE]

Alex may not take credit for the online Subaru community, but I'll sure as hell acknowledge him as the person responsible for this place and the resources we use on a daily basis. That gives him the right to do what he feels is right in his domain. End of story.

trey2s 09-05-2004 12:47 AM

...This isn't about bringing down I-Club, or even saying anything bad about it. Who said about switching forums? This forum ****ing rocks, until **** like this happens when a friend gets nerfed for posting 3 times about a fake shop that EVERYONE knows isn't a Vendor that is supported by I-Club. You worry more about personal attacks on yourself than moderating people who post 6 times in a row about something that makes no sense and is wasting board space. Or how about Scott in this thread posting about 20 pictures of cute little forum sayings that everyone gets pissed off at. Doesn't even get a mention: simply not as important as a personal problem...

[i]imprezer: none of the DPT threads were ever posted outside of the BAIC forum, dont know why your gettin all worked up because of it, this should be the forum where bay area members can post[/i]

That pretty much sums it up for me. It's not like he went in the Vendor forums advertising services! :-/

Zoeb2s 09-05-2004 12:47 AM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]Zoeb, I'm aware of all that. However, there's still a difference between making fun of a mod (such as me, or any of the other "staff members") and the site admin. You have to agree with that. And regardless, Dan and the whole DPT thing went way too far, and he was breaking the rules consistently anyway. He deserved this ban.[/QUOTE]
Matt,

Davon was actually one of the few that was not breaking the rules...you could see that if you searched his posts (no sarcasm intended) The reason davon started this thread was b/c of a prior comment that pissed him off, but other then that you could see that the DPT stuff really was not him at all..

Imprezer 09-05-2004 12:48 AM

Its not the fact that it is my forum. It is the fact that people should not act like that towards other people here. It is uncalled for. It is not needed. It is below the belt. Whatever you call it. The fact that it was directed towards me also plays a role, but it is not THE reason.

If someone was to do something like that to other person, I would take action as well.

Max Xevious 09-05-2004 12:50 AM

[QUOTE=trey2s]...This isn't about bringing down I-Club, or even saying anything bad about it. Who said about switching forums? This forum ****ing rocks, until **** like this happens when a friend gets nerfed for posting 3 times about a fake shop that EVERYONE knows isn't a Vendor that is supported by I-Club. You worry more about personal attacks on yourself than moderating people who post 6 times in a row about something that makes no sense and is wasting board space. Or how about Scott in this thread posting about 20 pictures of cute little forum sayings that everyone gets pissed off at. Doesn't even get a mention: simply not as important as a personal problem...[/QUOTE]

count much ?

Imprezer 09-05-2004 12:50 AM

I concur, Davon did not participate in DPT joke.