What do you use to make your car pretty?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 01:11 AM

What do you use to make your car pretty?

ok, so im too lazy to search this so im hoping for some feedback.
I've never really tried to keep my car super clean... never waxed it and all that. I dont' really care that much. But that time is up, i wanna make my car all pretty.

what do you use for soap? wax? and anything else to make it shiny? oh and do you use sponges? or what i don't wanna scratch my paint... cause if i sneeze it chips... :\

thanks a lot
Old 09-01-2003, 11:28 AM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
I would suggest that you should use a clay bar first to remove all the residue and oxidation from you paint, I use Mothers, then wax it using your choice of wax, I use mothers for this too, and everyonce once in a while I go over with showtime to keep it looking shiny.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:08 AM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
OK, I have been doing A LOT of research over on Autopia.org.

Zaino is a great product, but the meguire's professional lineup rivals it, so does the pinnacle lineup. S100 is supposed to be the best topper.

I am doing an experiement of Meg's #20 polymer sealant topped with Meg's #26 carnuba. on one side of the car, to Zaino on the other.

Meg's #26 is supposed to be the longest lasting there is.

This is kind of my hobby.

Meg's now has a new "Final Detail" spray that you can only buy in 1 gallon sizes, that is supposed to be the hands down detailer of them all.

This is fun stuff!

Andy

Meg's #26 is supposed to be the

Last edited by BADWRX; 09-02-2003 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Man, there do you find all this Meguiars stuff? I'd love to find the #20. #26 I can find easy enough. Where did you find the gallon jug'o' Final Detail?

jason
Old 09-02-2003, 11:52 AM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
Originally posted by mmboost
Man, there do you find all this Meguiars stuff? I'd love to find the #20. #26 I can find easy enough. Where did you find the gallon jug'o' Final Detail?

jason
I found the #20 at Allied Auto Parts over in Fremont.

I have yet to get my hands on the Final Detail. It is still very new. The smallest quantity is the 1 gallon jug. It is like $17. I am going to try to order it from Allied.

That #20 is no joke expensive though! $16 for a little bottle. It goes on nice and comes off nice too though!

That Final Detail is all the rage right now on Autopia.

Good luck,
Andy
Old 09-02-2003, 01:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
well Max i'm a huge Meguiar's fan

First: i wash the car with Meguiar's "gold class" car wash shampoo & conditioner.

second: if i got to remove scratches etc use Meguiar's scratch X rubbing compound. It's very mild and won't hurt the paint.

third: spray down your wheels with Meguiar's EXTRA the tough all surface cleaner before you get your hands dirty and the break dust will come off very easily.

forth: dry whole car off with good soft towel. or yuse a doe skin rag that you wring out as you go. no streaks or dust.

fifth: on the tires use Meguiar's "gold class" ENDURANCE high gloss tire gel. the stuff stays on for weeks.

sixth: vacuum out the car and them use a good cleaner for the carpets. i only use FOLEX "instant carpet spot remover" the best carpet stuff i've found. (find it at home depot). wide if up and repeat vacuuming.

seventh: i know it's not the best but i use Turtle Wax 2001 super protectant on the dash steeringwheel etc... for a nice shine.

eighth: ZEP - upholstery cleaner. just a light mist and a wipe and the seats will look great. Also removes smells with a nice scent.

Waxing the car: maybe 2-3 a year i like Meguiar's "gold class" clear coat PASTE car wax. the stuff kicks a$$. great shine and smells like a honeycomb.

For inbetween washing: was Meguiar's "quik detailer" mist & wipe. or if you're sick of meguiar's use MOTHERS "california gold" SHOWTIME instant detailer.

hope to see a shiny car on Sunday.

rich
Old 09-02-2003, 02:12 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
GREAT thread on detailing. keep it coming, and perhaps a sticky in the Exterior Forum? you know it should be.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:16 PM

Originally posted by Steppin Razor
GREAT thread on detailing. keep it coming, and perhaps a sticky in the Exterior Forum? you know it should be.
i second that
Old 09-02-2003, 03:09 PM

umm this may sound crazy but i've called kragen, pepboys and 2 -3 other stores and No One's even heard of S100... whats up with that, where can I buy it?
Old 09-02-2003, 03:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
i second that question.

hey Daredevil i thought you said you weren't going to wash your car. infact didn't you say that you were going to be adding MORE dirt

Quick Reply: What do you use to make your car pretty?