Whaaaassssup Bay Area! - Moving back to the Bay from Hawaii.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 10:39 AM
vaj

Car Info: 2004 Big Booty STi with a two finger gap.
Originally Posted by pwnx0rz
tell 'em you drove over the bering straight
hahaha
Old 02-27-2010, 10:52 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Keep it registered in Hawaii.

Otherwise you're in for a lot of work and money to smog it
Old 02-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by vaj
Thanks for the kind words y'all! I think I'll just try to register this thing and see where it goes. I'll kinda miss having tint all around LOL.

As far as the 91 gas goes.. well I suppose that the WI system will come in handy there. I'll definately need a tune asap. Are you still road tuning Ed or do you have access to a dyno as well? I'd really like to get this car on a dyno to see where it is at. That being said the car has NEVER been on a dyno and runs very well on the road tunes I've had.

Where is a good place to buy methanol in the bay area? How about race gas? I have a 118+ 50/50 water/meth tune that is WAY fun. We used "Rocket Fuel" race gas for the tune.

welcome back!

Everyone around here with setups as serious as your seem to be migrating toward E85, more power AND knocks emissions WAY down!

Only prob is theres no E85 stations in the northbay as of yet, though theres supposed to be soon.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:11 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Clean ride!... stay away from Milpitas and Fremont =P
Old 02-27-2010, 11:29 AM
vaj

Thanks for all the tips guys!

I really would like to make the switch to E85. The guys at GST have had success with the L running E85. I realize that some modifications will need to be made to the fueling system but thats not too big of a deal. When the time comes I'll likely make that switch.

I'll be working in the east bay primarily (but not near Milpitas or Fremont thankfully )

I remember the last time I moved to the bay in the 90's I made it about 4 weeks before I got pulled over and warned about my out of state plates. I'm not daily driving my car (got a 98 Forester for that) so I may make it a little while longer. Somehow this car gets a few more looks than my old 92 Prelude Si. LOL

OneManArmy - I like beer. You like beer. I assume you have beer meets?
Old 02-27-2010, 11:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
we used to have an old Wednesday night meet at a bar but on Thursday nights over in Mountain View Krispy Kreme, we meet at KK and move over to Mollys for some drinks.

as far as E85 goes, youll need to upgrade fuel lines and injectors and the power is definitely there as defined by the GST L

definitely check out the meets while youre in the area as well

since youll be in the Marin area, check out LIC Motorsports
Old 02-27-2010, 11:48 AM
vaj

Nice! Can't wait to meet some peeps. LIC is up in Santa Rosa right? I think I've talked to them in the past.. Ryan maybe, can't remember.

I can't wait to get me some more Pliny. Last time I was in the bay I went to the Toronado like 3 time a week for Pliny's..
Old 02-27-2010, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by vaj
Nice! Can't wait to meet some peeps. LIC is up in Santa Rosa right? I think I've talked to them in the past.. Ryan maybe, can't remember.

I can't wait to get me some more Pliny. Last time I was in the bay I went to the Toronado like 3 time a week for Pliny's..
FLI is in Santa Rosa, LIC is in Novato in Marin, so you got a couple good spots in the northbay
Old 02-27-2010, 12:00 PM
vaj

Thats awesome. I'll be living very close to LIC.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Holy moly, how the hell did you pass Safety Inspection and Recon?!

At any rate, you have a bit of a grace period for your HI plates. Talk to the shipping company about it, they know all the details. Also, make sure you keep your shipping documents in your car or with you. If you get pulled over and the cop gives you grief about your HI plates, you can show him the papers and tell him that you just arrived and you're still working on getting the car in line with CA laws.

IIRC you will HAVE to re-register it here in CA since you can't get Safety done to get your HI registration again next year. Also, notify HI DMV when you do get it re-registered to avoid getting hit by any penalty fees.

Other than that, just try to keep a low profile (don't speed or do anything "reckless") -- which is insanely difficult with HI plates on a modded car

Other than that, e komo mai!

Last edited by Choku Dori; 02-27-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:11 PM
vaj

LOL! Yes, I'll definately not be tearin it up on the highways with this thing. I'd sure like to hit 17 - 9 down in SC one night though.

No recon on my island - yes! There is no way I would ever pass that. I can barely push the front of my car down for the "bounce test" and I'm 190lbs. Otherwise safety was just fine. Tint is barely legal. And I autocross with the safety inspector so he's seen the car get pounded on for years now.

ho brah nice edit!

Last edited by vaj; 02-27-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by vaj
LOL! Yes, I'll definately not be tearin it up on the highways with this thing. I'd sure like to hit 17 - 9 down in SC one night though.

No recon on my island - yes! There is no way I would ever pass that. I can barely push the front of my car down for the "bounce test" and I'm 190lbs. Otherwise safety was just fine. Tint is barely legal. And I autocross with the safety inspector so he's seen the car get pounded on for years now.

ho brah nice edit!
"Bettah dan poi, bettah dan pig"

No recon, eh? Lucky buggah! So stay Maui or Big Island? (Don't tell me Kaua'i or Moloka'i, I won't believe it haha!)
Old 02-27-2010, 12:26 PM

hey hows the tidal wave situation going on over there? if your still posting I guess its not as bad as theyre playing up on the news here??
Old 02-27-2010, 12:27 PM
vaj

Oh man, I am gonna miss this place I tell ya. I stay Big Island. Boost Junkies crew!

Just talked to someone at LIC about getting realigned/corner weighted when I get there (gonna be all messed up after I skyjack/ re-toe the car to get it into a carframe for shipping) and gotta say he was very helpful. He said they send cars like mine to a shop at Infineon up the road from them.

I'll be living about 30min from Infineon? Great Success!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 12:31 PM
vaj

Well I just had an inspection in the Mauna Lani get postponed because of the tsunami warning so they are taking it very seriously here.

That was a huge quake and it originated in exactly the same area where the big tsunami in the 60's came from that was fairly catastrophic here.

I live at 3000' elevation and I ain't going down to the shore until they clear the warnings.

Quick Reply: Whaaaassssup Bay Area! - Moving back to the Bay from Hawaii.