warning about subaru dealership in roseville automall

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 11:10 PM

Car Info: 2001 RS
warning about subaru dealership in rosevill automall

ok so when i went to the dealership to finish my last payment i was talkin to a salesmen there and was just inquiring about the sti and test driving it i guess they require a credit check so as i was leaving the rep says if you really wanna test drive it come by late at night the mechanics get loose and take 65mph turns in the auto mall all the time just a heads up if your buying an sti is the sacramento area
Old 03-19-2004, 06:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
haha, nice. those turns in the automall are FUN FUN FUN. I'm gonna have to go sit out there some night and watch 'em
Old 03-19-2004, 06:20 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
I sure won't be buying any subie from that dealership.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 03-19-2004, 08:52 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
i guess i am lucky then! i bought a wrx from there and it had just come down from shingle springs and didnt have many miles on it. i literally bought it within an hour of getting there.

btw, that dealership sucks a$$. i had serious issues with them and would never let my sube near there. if i could post the monkey i would... nuff said
Old 03-19-2004, 09:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
they were cool with me. my car had a fair amount of miles on it when i bought it so they probably beat the **** out of it, but it's cool. I have friends who know what they're doing with cars and an extended warranty to cover what I don't replace with better stuff anyway
Old 03-19-2004, 02:10 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
I like their new parts department, its nice and clean. Otherwise, I totally avoid that place (exept for test drives, and of course I leave right after the test drive )
Old 03-19-2004, 05:14 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
65 mph @ automall? what does it look like?

at my dealership i do creditchecks depending on the situation in which i make a "judgement call". it's important for me to ask as many questions possible to see if the customer is a "qualified" buyer and also to see if he/she is qualified enough to make a decision on buying(ex.-gotta check with the wife)

bottom line is that a dealership is not a place to get free test drives on a 31000 dollar street legal race car. grant it i want everyone to experience the performance of an sti... but i also need to make sure that our investments are wisely taken car of.
in a professional manner i "probe" the customers. i mean if a doctor comes in and says i wanna drive the car... i won't protest...
Old 03-19-2004, 06:07 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
The BMW dealer also does 65mph around the Automall loop. Its not out of the ordinary there. In fact, the stupid salesman who did that with the 330i said "this is the only car that can do 65 around this corner"... Truth be told, the Legacy went just as fast around that same corner but with a tighter line.

Anyhow, if I were to get an STI it would be a brand spanken new one with 8 miles on it not some dealer test drive model (unless of course they gave me an insane deal like 2000 under Invoice)
Old 03-19-2004, 06:27 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX/05 Legacy
Originally posted by gdogg
65 mph @ automall? what does it look like?

http://www.rosevilleautomall.com/map.htm

I think it'll a circuit about 3 lanes wide. So yeah, you can go 65mph around it.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:02 PM

Car Info: 2003 silver WRX
31,000. is average for a price of a car...you can go to BMW, Audi, or Acura or most other car places and do a test drive without the credit check and test drive a 30 + k car. I have test drove a lot of cars and have never been asked to do a credit check.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:04 PM

I do agree about Roseville Suaru... they are not into great service!
Old 03-19-2004, 08:54 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally posted by girlracer
31,000. is average for a price of a car...you can go to BMW, Audi, or Acura or most other car places and do a test drive without the credit check and test drive a 30 + k car. I have test drove a lot of cars and have never been asked to do a credit check.
You look qualified to buy one. Most i-clubbers do not (appearance-wise at least).
Old 03-19-2004, 08:58 PM

oh thanks
Old 03-19-2004, 10:07 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
come on BAN. . . back me up .... i know there are lots of cars 31k, but no car car of this "caliber" has ever been available to the public in such an affordable manner like the EVO and STi . back in a day cars that performed like this were porsches etc... costing 70 plus. now we the general blue collar worker can afford one.

don't get me wrong i don't "pre-qualify" everyone. but i know for a fact there are people out there who just go to car dealerships just to test drive cars for the fun of it. being in a car that very easily gets 13 second quarter miles is not something most of the general public is used to. when i go on a test drive with a customer i want to make sure that i can at least trust the fact that they are somewhat responsible- the credit check is just a tool to help us ascertain that. for example

Quick Reply: warning about subaru dealership in roseville automall