Unofficial: BAM X

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 11:08 PM

Car Info: 07 Shaguar
we should host it at a place where we could actually walk around and check out other subys? not only the nominees?

I was looking at the Alameda Naval base.. where we could also park inside AND outside the base.. plenty of room for people to walk around and enjoy the WHOLE scene.

theres nothing better than a walking around and looking at 500 subys!

and the entrance has gates so there's only one way in and out, so people couldn't sneak in like bam 09

just an idea.

Last edited by dippedinsauce; 05-28-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:01 AM

Car Info: 135i
For my future Subie club, im throwin' in more than $5 for this event. Well worth it from what I can tell.

A good lunch alone costs $10, how on earth do you manage to break even for $5 each. I'd say up it to $10-15 at the very least...

Think about it, seeing a lousy movie alone is $10, or would you rather chill with hundreds of subie owners at a nice organized BBQ.

Last edited by sparkyblue; 05-28-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:54 AM

Car Info: 2012 G37S / Sold 06 WRX
I never understood why people are so whiny when it comes to the price exceeding $5. I mean this event only takes place once a year and there's nothing like it, I would gladly pay $10-15 for the opportunity to be apart of it.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:10 AM

Car Info: 2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback
wasn't able to make it last year but I'm definitely looking forward to making it out this year. I'm on board with raising the price to at least $10. I'm ready to paypal you the fee when you get it set up.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by brucelee
One thing I do need help with however is someone to set up a memorial for our fallen i-club members... Maybe make some stickers to sell where the proceeds would go to the families? Maybe do something over the mic, moment of silence maybe? I dunno, I'm not good with that kind of thing so I'd need someone to take over and create something nice for them.
I still have the illustrator files for the Houts stick and the keep pace style one for Dan. If anyone needs either one for shirt designs or to have more stickers made, let me know.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:18 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
We also have the video of our pic collection but don't know if that will work. Not sure if anyone would see the video outside being so bright. We still have some stickers for Daniel but I need to get the first set made again and maybe some more of the keep pace style sticker.

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
I still have the illustrator files for the Houts stick and the keep pace style one for Dan. If anyone needs either one for shirt designs or to have more stickers made, let me know.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:02 AM

Car Info: 06 STI
Originally Posted by dippedinsauce

I was looking at the Alameda Naval base.. where we could also park inside AND outside the base.. plenty of room for people to walk around and enjoy the WHOLE scene.

theres nothing better than a walking around and looking at 500 subys!

and the entrance has gates so there's only one way in and out, so people couldn't sneak in like bam 09

just an idea.
Alameda NAS would be AWESOME, but it's really not feasible. Cost to rent the site is in the area of 5k and they really only rent to marque clubs (ex Porsche club)
Old 05-28-2010, 09:17 AM

Car Info: 2001 2.5 RS BRP
I rode along in Tim's STi last year to attend BAM 9... really looking forward to rolling into BAM X with my own Subie this year! Last year's food was fantastic... I'm still marveling over how those cooks made hot dogs and burgers so savory. Definitely wouldn't mind paying $10-$15 this year

+1 for Alameda Naval Base. Awesome for photos, big enough to fit tons of people, and I like the idea of being able to see all 500+ Subies.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:23 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Did we still have a problem with random *** people walking in and not paying to mooch off the food last year? We need to throw people out for that. I suggest wrist bands like a club. LOL. It has to be done if posers are abusing the charity of those who are involved in putting this together and financing it. I'm okay with $10-15 as a donation for the cause. People can b*tch all they want about that being too much, but those are the folks who shouldn't be going anyway. No one makes money off these events, if anything, they LOSE money just to gather all these people to hang out with for an afternoon.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Gibz
We also have the video of our pic collection but don't know if that will work. Not sure if anyone would see the video outside being so bright. We still have some stickers for Daniel but I need to get the first set made again and maybe some more of the keep pace style sticker.
Did we already go through those 100+ keep pace style ones?
Old 05-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by Hollandaze
Did we still have a problem with random *** people walking in and not paying to mooch off the food last year? We need to throw people out for that. I suggest wrist bands like a club. LOL. It has to be done if posers are abusing the charity of those who are involved in putting this together and financing it. I'm okay with $10-15 as a donation for the cause. People can b*tch all they want about that being too much, but those are the folks who shouldn't be going anyway. No one makes money off these events, if anything, they LOSE money just to gather all these people to hang out with for an afternoon.
Wrist bands would be a good idea imo
Old 05-28-2010, 10:32 AM

even if we can't do it at the Alameda base, we should still do it where we could walk around and check out all the subies
Old 05-28-2010, 10:49 AM

Car Info: A crazy ass wagon ! Voltex and 18x9.5 +22 FTW !
^ i agree... half the fun of going to BAM is checking out the cars in the parking lot.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:22 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by dippedinsauce
even if we can't do it at the Alameda base, we should still do it where we could walk around and check out all the subies
Were you seriously too lazy to walk 50 yards to where 300 cars were parked or 50 the other way to see the rest?
Old 05-28-2010, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Were you seriously too lazy to walk 50 yards to where 300 cars were parked or 50 the other way to see the rest?
no i was not lazy, my point is.. it feels like the other subarus were not included in the scene besides the ones that were parked on the grass and the show nominees.

part of BAM is to check out all the other unique subies out there and not only a few.

i can guarantee you that i was not the only one that DIDNT check out the 300 subarus that was parked 50 yards away.. mainly because it was so far away from the main scene which was the bbq, show cars, and the vendors.

thanks.

PS: check out youtube and type in "BAIC BAM"... the whole page is filled with JUST the main scene. where do you see videos of all the other nice rides that were parked 50 yards away? I'm sure there were a lot of badass builds in that field that nobody knew about.

Last edited by dippedinsauce; 05-28-2010 at 11:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Unofficial: BAM X