UFC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 07:57 PM

So far USA 1 Brazil 1

Junior Dos Santos wins decision against Roy Nelson. Nelson took some huge shots throughout the whole fight. Santos couldn't knock him out no matter how hard he tried.

Matt Hughes chokes out Ricardo Almeida in the first round.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:52 PM

DAMNIT!! CHAEL LOST!!!! Noo0o0o0o0o0oooo!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 09:55 PM

Best fight of the year!!!! Sonnen vs Silva

Damnit Chael had this fight!!! He was owning Silva for the first 4 rounds. Was on top of Silva in the 5th, he was coasting for the decision, got careless and got caught in a triangle choke with like 2 minutes left.

Cannot believe he lost!
Old 08-07-2010, 09:57 PM

In other fights, Clay Guida defeats Dos Anjos by tap out due to jaw injury.
Jon Fitch wins in decision against Thiago Alves.

If u guys missed the Chael vs Anderson fight, it's a must watch!

In the end:
USA 3 Brazil 2

Last edited by TurnWRX; 08-07-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:46 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Best fight of the year!!!! Sonnen vs Silva

Damnit Chael had this fight!!! He was owning Silva for the first 4 rounds. Was on top of Silva in the 5th, he was coasting for the decision, got careless and got caught in a triangle choke with like 2 minutes left.

Cannot believe he lost!
I watched. Silva got his *** absolutely beat all five rounds, and pulled out a trick from the ****ing hat.....
Old 08-07-2010, 10:52 PM

missed the fight

missed the fights... where can i watch it?@!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:06 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
So pissed. Why the hell did sonnen push it. Dominate 4 rounds... need to be safe in the 5th. I told my brother that if sonnen lost it would be because he got overconfident and left himself open for a submission. That is how he always looses.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:43 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
That Silva fight was rigged.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:53 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Lurk
That Silva fight was rigged.
I wish it was. It would be less embarrassing than Sonnen underestimating Silvia's condition and being oblivious when Silva was holding his wrist at his waist for a good minute before his dumb *** got triangled.

Sonnen and Carwin should release a DVD set on how to drop the ball in the worst way.

All that for absolutely nothing, total fail.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:08 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
I agree. If that fight wasn't rigged, then it was an EPIC FAIL on Sonnen's part. But I just can't imagine any professional fighter being that oblivious and unaware of his opponent's condition and failing to capitalize the way he did.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Sonnen was already thinking about what to say to insult Silva over the mic post-fight when that triangle got locked in.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:10 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
It was a good night for both Silva and Sonnen.

Silva got to show he can still pull it off when he's not dominating everybody (didn't fold under pressure like Mike Tyson against Buster Douglas) and still win in a noncontroversial fashion (no Machida-Shogun 1 controversial decision)

Sonnen got to show all his haters that he could back up the **** talk, and showed he can beat the best. You guys gotta realize, before the Marquardt victor Chael Sonnen was basically headed towards gatekeeper status.

This performance by Sonnen also shows that Yushin Okami is still as legit as ever.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:18 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by verc
It was a good night for both Silva and Sonnen.

Silva got to show he can still pull it off when he's not dominating everybody (didn't fold under pressure like Mike Tyson against Buster Douglas) and still win in a noncontroversial fashion (no Machida-Shogun 1 controversial decision)

Sonnen got to show all his haters that he could back up the **** talk, and showed he can beat the best. You guys gotta realize, before the Marquardt victor Chael Sonnen was basically headed towards gatekeeper status.

This performance by Sonnen also shows that Yushin Okami is still as legit as ever.
I agree. I don't think it was fixed... though it's not out of the question. Lord knows it looked like Forest took a dive.

Sonnen did pretty much exactly what I told my brother he would do... including the exact submission he got caught in. It's a HUGE weakness in his game. He constantly gets overconfident and over commits.

I think his corner failed on this one. When you're CLEARLY up 4 rounds to nothing... don't worry about finishing the fire. If you get the chance take it, but don't push it. He started off right by taking him down. What he should have done is laid on his *** and then let him up.

I'm happy to see that someone finally put a dent in Silva's apparently unbeatable image. I think fighters get can get like that and people get scared. It was like that with Machida. People get scared because the striking is so damn good. Sonnen did exactly what people need to do to Silva. Put the pressure on, put him on his ***, punch him in the face. Same thing with Machida. Shogun was the first guy to just take it too him.

I think the division will be much more interesting now. I'd like to see a rematch. I've always been a fan of Sonnen. Good fighter. Tough dude.

I hate Silva... I hate Silva more than I hate Lesner. I expect pretty shortly to see Silva start to slide to a 50/50 fighter.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:02 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX sedan
Sonnen backed up all the crap he talked. He lost because he was foolish. All the people saying he beat Silva's a$s for 5 rounds and silva got lucky, you don't know anything about fighting.

Its obvious what the strategy was, sonnen is a wrestler so he was either gonna take silva down or lose. Yeah, sonnen had him on the ground for 23 minutes but he failed to do any real damage. He got Silva with his hands in round one while standing up but his ground and pound < Silva's BJJ. Silva wasn't able to get Sonnen off but he didnt need to, Silva did more damage off his back than Sonnen did in Silva's guard. All those little slaps and tickles couldn't even cut Silva. Silva just laid on his back and waited for Sonnen to slip up, and the idiot gave him the fight because he was too busy doing those stupid little slaps. The fight went pretty much as expected. A wrester on top of the other guy for the entire fight but the BJJ guy getting his submission.

Both fighters did great though, they both proved a lot and I think Sonnen will be back for a rematch. Sonnen backed up his trash talk even though he lost, Silva proved he's resillient. I was totally confused in round one though. Sonnen connected huge on Silva and then like 3 seconds later Silva didnt even bother to put his hands up and caught like 2 more...

I like the clay guida fight as well, that guy is on of my favorites. Not the best fighter but always fun to watch. My favorite fight of the night was the Struve fight. He got socked up for the entire first round, his lip looked like it was going to fall off, then he knocked the dude out in round 2.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
What he should have done is laid on his *** and then let him up.
I dunno about that. Silva's at his most dangerous when standing up. I don't remember what round it was, but when one round ended and another began, Silva still managed to rock Sonnen a couple times. I was nervous every time that Sonnen would get knocked out if he didn't take Silva to the ground. I think what he should've done is just pull a Brock Lesnar and lay on top of the guy and just make hammerfists or jab shots to the side of the head. That way Silva can't move too much or get a submission from it.

Originally Posted by skeeler
All those little slaps and tickles couldn't even cut Silva.
Some people just tend to get cut or bleed more than others (i.e F Griffin). Doesn't mean those punches Sonnen dished out on Silva didn't hurt him.

Originally Posted by skeeler
I was totally confused in round one though. Sonnen connected huge on Silva and then like 3 seconds later Silva didnt even bother to put his hands up and caught like 2 more...
Does Silva EVER put his hands up in a striking match? He's one arrogant and cocky bastard who thinks nobody can hit him. He's a great striker no doubt, but the reason he got caught or taken down early for that matter was because he doesn't take his opponent(s) seriously.

I'd bet if you were to go back and look at all his UFC fights, he probably had his hands down the whole time and probably dared the guy to hit him.

Quick Reply: UFC Thread