UFC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 10:55 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
Sucks for both guys really.
Silva probably wont recover from this, or at least not be as good as he always was.
Weidman will always have naysayers saying both his fights with silva were flukes.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:56 PM

Car Info: LEGACY L7 BD,GF8 WAGON
dat gumby leg
Old 12-28-2013, 11:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by xGT LEGOx
dat gumby leg

Name:  b9jvhSb.gif
Views: 3
Size:  3.70 MB
Old 12-29-2013, 12:33 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Best card I've seen from the UFC in a long long time.

Great fights on that card. I'll focus on three.

1. Leban/Hall. Hall showed he's got those heavy hands that the UFC likes to have around. Leban showed he should have retired 15 months ago. He's tough as nails and I wouldn't be surprised to find out he's got some seriously broken bones in his face.

2. RR/Tate. Tate showed she's game. I was impressed with her improvements. But she also showed she's 3rd best at best. She won't ever beat RR. Cat might because she has knock out power. But what I saw from RR is this... Judo... she's the best there is in MMA. Man or woman. With that JJ, solid JJ and a much improved ground and pound... she's going to be tough to beat. Her striking was way better. If she can get even a little better at avoiding hits and bump up her JJ... she'll retire undeated in 2-3 years just like she said she will. Great fight. I'm a huge fan of RR.

3. Silva should retire. He was being handled in EVERY part of that fight before the break. THe break was a fitting end to his career. He's done. Who can he fight when he comes back at 40 years old? Bisping? Munoz?

Best hope he has is a return of GSP for a money fight... a what if fight.

Retire.

Dana can move on to his new money man JBJ. Protect him and throw patsies at him. Keep him away from another fight with gus.

Great card. Hell of a good watch.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:36 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by Rescuer

Sorry, I'll see myself out.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:59 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by runboyrun
Sucks for both guys really.
Silva probably wont recover from this, or at least not be as good as he always was.
Weidman will always have naysayers saying both his fights with silva were flukes.
Nah. Anyone that's watch both fights objectively saw this..

Fight 1.
Silva was getting beat. He got hit. He clowned. That's what a LOT of guys do to try to get the aggressor off balance... give themselves time to recover from the shot. Only problem for him... he got hit again. Game over.

Fight 2.
Silva was getting out classed in EVERY part of that fight. He nearly got finished several times in the first round and he more than likely would not have made it out of round 3 without getting knocked out. He was the lower class fighter in that fight. The leg break... that's what happens when a kick is properly checked by a fighter that knows what you're going to do before you do it.

Silva is done. He's 38. He'll be in a boot and then face recover. He'll be nearly 40 before he fights again and at that point who does he fight? Munoz? He'll get knocked out? He's not gonna fight Machida. Bispbing? Who cares about that fight. Vitor? Not likely. He'll have to fight at least once before he gets a shot at Vitor or anyone else related to the number one contender.

He's done. Anyone that's not a pure Silva groupy can see pretty clearly that he's done. He got outclassed in both fights by a dude that's been fighting MMA for 4 freakin years. He's done.

And anyone that impartial will see that he's been fighting patsies, match up fights, legacy fights for probably 5 years. At least Chuck went down swinging.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Name:  ItnnE7j.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  128.1 KB
Old 12-29-2013, 10:10 AM
General Pimpin'

Oops.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
I bought a jiu-jitsu gi off of Craigslist today.
The seller?
Rafael Dos Anjos.
True story.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:36 PM

Didn't expect Glover to get dominated like that. Thought it would've been a more competitive fight. JJ owned tonight!
Old 04-26-2014, 11:40 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Didn't expect Glover to get dominated like that. Thought it would've been a more competitive fight. JJ owned tonight!
I did. It's a terrible match up.

JBJ 6'4. 84.5 reach.

Glover... 6'2 but if we're being honest here he's a shade under 6'1. 76 reach.

So you're talking about damned near a 10 inch reach advantage. More than that with the legs.

Glover's only chance in hell was a knock out. He landed some good shots but not enough.

I am not surprised at all with the fact that it went 5 rounds and was in favor of JBJ.

There are 2 guys that have a real chance at beating him.

Gus and Rumble.

Everyone else it's really a punchers chance or tapping him out.

Fact is, he's a match up fighter and he's a mismatch for nearly everyone. He is perfectly built to dominate that weight class. Just like Silva was. He's a damned good fighter. He's dirty as hell but he's good.

I hope gus puts his lights out.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:10 AM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
The crazy thing with the fight was he fought in the clinch a lot and still destroyed him despite getting hit a few times. Also jones had beaten multiple fighters at their own game and will probably do much better next time vs Gus since he knows how he fights now and he got cut by a glancing blow early in the first fight which really affected the fight. Rumble has only beaten one guy at light heavyweight who is also completely reliant on takedowns so he'll have to prove himself vs versatile fighters before I would consider him a threat.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:58 AM

I'd like to see a Glover vs Anthony Johnson fight first before seeing Johnson take on JJ.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
All I care is that Gomi won, even if he's waaaaaaaaaay over the hill.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Well, lookie here...

Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz set for Jan. 31 in Las Vegas at UFC 183 | MMAjunkie

And the last few "free" cards have been pretty entertaining, esp. all the finishes in the TUF 19 Finale, the Cerrone-Miller FN & the McGregor-Brandao FN.

Quick Reply: UFC Thread