i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   UFC Thread (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/ufc-thread-219053/)

FXTbrah 09-24-2011 06:52 PM

[QUOTE=TurnWRX;3139405]Man, Takanori Gomi just got owned by Nate Diaz in both the standup and the ground.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Diaz looked so crisp this fight and there was a good display of BJJ at the end too.

CaliSuby 09-24-2011 07:24 PM

Boxing isnt technical by "weak" he can punch hard and has a hard chin like no one else... He is One of my favorite fighter and most fun to watch...

TurnWRX 09-24-2011 07:24 PM

interesting fight by Rothwell and Hunt :D

CaliSuby 09-24-2011 07:29 PM

Uuuh^^^ sounds interesting... Never heard of this fight... Did it happend/ get scheduled?

TurnWRX 09-24-2011 07:49 PM

[QUOTE=CaliSuby;3139422]Uuuh^^^ sounds interesting... Never heard of this fight... Did it happend/ get scheduled?[/QUOTE]

yep it happened. Rothwell was completely gassed on the 3rd rd. Walked around dazed the entire rd. Was wide open for a KO but Hunt was gassed too :D

Hughes vs Koscheck went as expected. Koscheck seems more humbled from the GSP loss. He KO'd Hughes and didn't talk trash afterwards. Was quite surprised.

TurnWRX 09-24-2011 08:32 PM

Double J very impressive yet again. Forget Rashad Evans, bring on Anderson Silva!

FXTbrah 09-24-2011 09:09 PM

[QUOTE=TurnWRX;3139443]Double J very impressive yet again. Forget Rashad Evans, bring on Anderson Silva![/QUOTE]

Dana already said that fight wont happen. Decent fights tonite. I still think the Diaz fight was the most impressive.

Choku Dori 09-24-2011 11:56 PM

Bummed about Gomi, fairly happy about Hunt.

<------ Living in the past. :o

rau 09-25-2011 12:24 AM

[QUOTE=Choku Dori;3139507]

<------ Living in the past. :o[/QUOTE]

You too? HELLA happy Hunt won

Choku Dori 09-25-2011 12:45 AM

Woulda been happier if he knocked Rothwell into next week. :o

TurnWRX 09-25-2011 10:18 AM

^ exactly. Rothwell was so tired he literally gave up (had both hands on his knees puffing for some air) and invited Hunt a free shot for a knockout multiple times. Hunt was out of gas too, but not as bad as Rothwell was.

failure 09-25-2011 09:01 PM

So uh where's the Jon Jones haters now?

TurnWRX 09-29-2011 10:30 AM

Rampage says after his ufc contract is up, he will turn to boxing. He doesn't want to worry about the ground game anymore.

OneManArmy 09-29-2011 11:10 AM

[QUOTE=failure;3139852]So uh where's the Jon Jones haters now?[/QUOTE]

Very talented. Very exciting. Huge huge future. But I honestly hope someone puts him to sleep. I haven't liked him since the hammil fight. Dude skirts the rules. Barely legal elbows, hands the mouth, choking, and I HATE that those side kicks straight at the knee are legal. Its dirty and cheap. He did it to shogun probably 10 times after he was clearly dominating. Dude doesn't need the dirty tricks. To me trying to blow someones knee out or end a fight with a cut is dirty, has no honor. Dude needs to drop the god stuff and the bible verses if he's gonna fight like that.

Im a jj hater... for now. No ignoring the talent. Guy could surpass silvas records before he's done. He's a monster. And I like what I hear when he talks... like after the hammil fight. Just don't like the gimmicks. Couple years he'll probably be one of my favorites. He's young.

We'll see what he doestalks when hes truly challenged in the right match up.

FXTbrah 09-29-2011 11:35 AM

JJ is talented but hes a douche bag. How the **** is he on injury suspension for possibly 6 months after this fight when he knows Stanky leg is his next opponent? To me it looks like he keeps trying to duck this fight because he came out of the Rampage fight unscathed. Maybe he needs to rewatch his own fight before claiming hes injured.

CaliSuby 09-29-2011 12:21 PM

Machida will Pick him apart... I'll put cash on it... JJ hasn't faught anyone that's as technical as Machida... Watch..

FXTbrah 09-29-2011 12:27 PM

Machida and Rashad are his two hardest fights stylistically.

TurnWRX 09-29-2011 01:30 PM

[QUOTE=wrxBRAH;3142129]JJ is talented but hes a douche bag. How the **** is he on injury suspension for possibly 6 months after this fight when he knows Stanky leg is his next opponent? To me it looks like he keeps trying to duck this fight because he came out of the Rampage fight unscathed. Maybe he needs to rewatch his own fight before claiming hes injured.[/QUOTE]

How is Jones to blame for being handed a 6 month suspension by the Colorado regulatory officials? He has nothing to do with that. He may have broken his foot with all those kicks he dished out to Rampage. Either way, if it's not as serious as the officials thought it was, he could get it reduced to 45 days with clearance from a physician. Injuries happen and happen often. If Evans gets the shaft once again, it could be purely coincidence. Either way, even if Evans was to get a shot at Jones, I don't think Evans stands a chance against him.

As for Machida, Evans and Phil Davis were supposed to fight, but Davis sustained an injury. Machida offered to replace Davis, and later on supposedly demanded "Anderson Silva money" in exchange for being a replacement. He's not exactly on Dana's good side.

Choku Dori 09-29-2011 03:15 PM

[QUOTE=CaliSuby;3142154]Machida will Pick him apart... I'll put cash on it... JJ hasn't faught anyone that's as technical as Machida... Watch..[/QUOTE]

Now this I can see happening.

FXTbrah 09-29-2011 03:19 PM

He pulled the same thing before and soon as Evans signed another fight, he magically got better. Im just calling it as I see it. Deep down I think he wants Rashad to lose to someone else so he doesnt have to fight him.

Evans is really quick and hes filled out for the division. His chin is his weak spot but if he can get JJ down like he did Rampage, he should be able to take it via LnP.

OneManArmy 09-29-2011 05:09 PM

Yeah evens should ne a decent match up. He's got the speed to get close and tie him up. Good wrestling good power. Only issue is jj is way longer and probably better on the ground.

iLoqin 10-04-2011 10:06 PM

Not UFC, but wow wtf these guys are tossin' bombs!

[youtube]IvlFoQTse8s[/youtube]

"**** just got real!!!"

CaliSuby 10-05-2011 10:26 AM

Sick fight... Crazy commentator ...

CaliSuby 10-06-2011 12:18 PM

[url=http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/White-Jones-Machida-to-Headline-UFC-140-in-Toronto-36225]White: Jones-Machida to Headline UFC 140 in Toronto[/url]

It's on!!! Machida vs Jon Jones... Rashad Evans injured hand won't be ready in time so Machida stepped in! I'm so pumped for this fight!!

FXTbrah 10-06-2011 01:15 PM

lol evans gets injured and jones is ready to fight again. I love it. Atleast this fight will be aaaaaaaaaammmazing!! War The piss drinking Dragon!

OneManArmy 10-06-2011 01:56 PM

That could be an interesting fight. I see machida loosing. Jones has the ability to get in close and he's long. So Machida can't dance around. He'll have to be aggressive and that's not his style. Machida could possibly catch him but my guess is JJ's game plan will be to come straight at him and get close. Once he does that it's over.

OneManArmy 10-06-2011 01:59 PM

[QUOTE=Choku Dori;3142242]Now this I can see happening.[/QUOTE]

It "could" happen. But I don't think so. He's too long for Machida to do what he likes to do... be patient, stay outside and pick guys apart. Jones can strike at that distance without being hit.

I see JJ winning via stoppage... Machida on his back taking elbows.

My hope is that JJ makes the mistake of trying to outpatient machida and gets caught.

FXTbrah 10-06-2011 02:16 PM

I dont think JJ will be able to rush in. Rashad is probably the fastest LHW and he got caught. He has the reach advantage but that works into Machida since hes a counterstriker. Now if JJ takes a page from Shoguns book and works on Machidas legs for two rounds, Machida will undoubtedly lose. Otherwise its up in the air imho. JJs chin is untested and Machidas been put to sleep now so who knows what will happen.

Either way it'll either turn out to be a very very good fight.

SubyWrxGuy 10-06-2011 02:54 PM

[QUOTE=CaliSuby;3145715][url=http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/White-Jones-Machida-to-Headline-UFC-140-in-Toronto-36225]White: Jones-Machida to Headline UFC 140 in Toronto[/url]

It's on!!! Machida vs Jon Jones... Rashad Evans injured hand won't be ready in time so Machida stepped in! I'm so pumped for this fight!![/QUOTE]

I like this match-up a lot more! I don't care who wins, just know it's going to be an EPIC battle :D

STiForFun 10-06-2011 04:34 PM

I see Machida chopping JJ bony legs down with karate kicks.

Choku Dori 10-06-2011 04:59 PM

[QUOTE=OneManArmy;3145754]
My hope is that JJ makes the mistake of trying to outpatient machida and gets caught.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking either this or he tries to wade in and mix it up with Machida and gets caught with either a nasty counter punch or a punch from an unorthodox angle. Essentially, I hope to see Machida use some good tai sabaki (the traditional karate concept of "body managment" akin to what Westerners call "working the angles") to keep JJ at bay or even KO/set up for a TKO.

Either way, should be a fun fight. :)

CaliSuby 10-06-2011 05:02 PM

I say machida with a crazy angle counter punch or kick tonthe dome! Whi else on here is going to the UFC in San Jose

OneManArmy 10-06-2011 05:09 PM

I'm looking forward the Sonen/Stann fight. Classic match up of stand up against wrestling.

TurnWRX 10-06-2011 05:10 PM

meh. JJ with a TKO over Machida in the 1st or 2nd round.

FXTbrah 10-06-2011 05:28 PM

[QUOTE=CaliSuby;3145843]I say machida with a crazy angle counter punch or kick tonthe dome! Whi else on here is going to the UFC in San Jose[/QUOTE]

Not me. I avoid these events because I know I would end up getting dragged into a fight by the end of the night.

[QUOTE=OneManArmy;3145850]I'm looking forward the Sonen/Stann fight. Classic match up of stand up against wrestling.[/QUOTE]

Im looking forward to Sonnen getting his head knocked off but I dont think its gonna happen. Its a pretty bad mismatch. Sonnen takes this but if Stann somehow pulls off a triangle or tko, Im gonna die laughing.

OneManArmy 10-06-2011 06:46 PM

[QUOTE=wrxBRAH;3145860]Not me. I avoid these events because I know I would end up getting dragged into a fight by the end of the night.

Im looking forward to Sonnen getting his head knocked off but I dont think its gonna happen. Its a pretty bad mismatch. Sonnen takes this but if Stann somehow pulls off a triangle or tko, Im gonna die laughing.[/QUOTE]

No way he'll catch him in anything wrestling or jj related. No way. It's not like Sonnen has been sitting on his ass for 14 months.

I can see Stann catching him. That dudes hands are fast as hell and his power is straight lethal. I love watching and routing for the dude. Sonnen has been out of the ring for a while so if he gets excited and overcommits Stann could easily catch a piece of his chin.

CaliSuby 10-07-2011 06:22 AM

I love Sonnen.. Just cause he is ignorant and backed it up vs Silva no matter what other say... Sonnet will grInd out Stann no problem ..Stann isn't anything crazy YET.. mainly a striker and even then it's not great.. Only guys to EVER give Sonnen problems were BJJ guys ..(Maia, Silva, Forrest Griffin).. Stann is not know for Bjj.. He strikes ..so does silva and he got controlled in the ground, his bjj saved him.. Now Stann has no bjj game, why's gonna help him on the ground vs a high profile wrestler like Sonnen?

CaliSuby 10-07-2011 06:28 AM

[youtube]bw8jvCem0M4[/youtube]

Only honest...

FXTbrah 10-07-2011 10:21 AM

[QUOTE=OneManArmy;3145893]No way he'll catch him in anything wrestling or jj related. No way. It's not like Sonnen has been sitting on his ass for 14 months.

I can see Stann catching him. That dudes hands are fast as hell and his power is straight lethal. I love watching and routing for the dude. Sonnen has been out of the ring for a while so if he gets excited and overcommits Stann could easily catch a piece of his chin.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. Sonnen never learns from his previous mistakes if you go over his fights especially when it comes to triangles lol. The other half of his fights are decisions because of his wrestling. I would certainly like to see him get put to sleep for all the **** he talks, the people he robbed and for trying to get away with trt.

mainly his mouth though.

boardoholic 10-07-2011 04:52 PM

I'm down in Pismo for my homey's wedding 2mrw, and I went for a run on the beach abt an hr ago. I saw John Hackleman just abt to put a couple guys thru a workout in the sand. Sux that I didn't bring my phone tho. Woulda been cool to get in a quick shot w/ him.:cool:

Who else is looking fwd to 2mrw's card?

CaliSuby 10-07-2011 05:52 PM

I met him and liddel in Vegas at a Bjj tournament also herb dean... All cool fellas!

OneManArmy 10-07-2011 07:05 PM

[QUOTE=boardoholic;3146495]I'm down in Pismo for my homey's wedding 2mrw, and I went for a run on the beach abt an hr ago. I saw John Hackleman just abt to put a couple guys thru a workout in the sand. Sux that I didn't bring my phone tho. Woulda been cool to get in a quick shot w/ him.:cool:

Who else is looking fwd to 2mrw's card?[/QUOTE]

My brother in law is friends with john. Used to train with him and chuck at the pit before it was "the pit". He did chuck pit tattoo. Lol.

TurnWRX 10-08-2011 07:16 PM

Chael Sonnen looking impressive in his win over Stann.

Best part was the interview with Joe:

Joe: Chael, how did u feel about your win?

Chael: *pause* Anderson Silva, you suck!

Me: *ROFLMAO!*

Chael: Super Bowl rematch. But let's up the stakes this time. If I beat you (Silva), you leave the middleweight division. If you beat me, I leave UFC forever.

Wow! lol Charles Barkley was sitting next to Silva cracking up with laughter :D

FXTbrah 10-08-2011 07:24 PM

the ref is a ****ing retard. stood them up right when stann was attempting to get setup for a submission from guard. wow just wow. good show for chael though but **** his ego and wwe mentality.

TurnWRX 10-08-2011 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=wrxBRAH;3146925]good show for chael though but **** his ego and wwe mentality.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I see it as just beginning to hype up the rematch between the two. Guarantee their next fight will outsell the previous one. Either way, it's not like Silva is that much different than Sonnen. Sonnen likes to talk trash, Silva likes to show off with in-cage theatrics and disrespectful body language. Both diss their opponents, just in different ways.

CaliSuby 10-08-2011 08:26 PM

[QUOTE=wrxBRAH;3146925]the ref is a ****ing retard. stood them up right when stann was attempting to get setup for a submission from guard. wow just wow. good show for chael though but **** his ego and wwe mentality.[/QUOTE]

lol dont tell me Stann was gonna win...:rofl:....he didnt do anything...one punch its all...Sonnen FTMFW

CaliSuby 10-08-2011 08:26 PM

[QUOTE=CaliSuby;3146175]I love Sonnen.. Just cause he is ignorant and backed it up vs Silva no matter what other say... Sonnet will grInd out Stann no problem ..Stann isn't anything crazy YET.. mainly a striker and even then it's not great.. Only guys to EVER give Sonnen problems were BJJ guys ..(Maia, Silva, Forrest Griffin).. Stann is not know for Bjj.. He strikes ..so does silva and he got controlled in the ground, his bjj saved him.. Now Stann has no bjj game, why's gonna help him on the ground vs a high profile wrestler like Sonnen?[/QUOTE]

word....

CaliSuby 10-08-2011 09:38 PM

I'm starting to really hate Edgar

Guillermo 10-08-2011 10:03 PM

I am more disappointed with maynard than anything. He didn't go in for the kill and it bit him in the ass. Also, sitting back and letting Frankie recover the entire 2nd round was a mistake, and the result shows it. Anyway, good **** to Frankie for pulling through and goin in for the kill like Maynard should have. Still wish Maynard would have taken that belt.

OneManArmy 10-09-2011 12:47 AM

[QUOTE=CaliSuby;3146974]I'm starting to really hate Edgar[/QUOTE]

Been there done that.

STiForFun 10-09-2011 06:01 PM

Sonnen is playing the game perfectly. One of the things the UFC is lacking sometimes is a storyline. Adding *some* drama and showbiz to the brand isn't necessarily bad.

Yeah it sounds lame, but it sells PPV's and gets asses in seats, there has to be a good guy and a bad guy, especially now that UFC will be on FOX a few times a year. What better way to get the mouth breathers in the flyover states to tune in but to establish a slam dunk storyline of an unbeaten champ, and a revenge riven challenger.
N00b UFC viewers may not understand the technical nuances of BJJ Vs. American Wrestling, or Muy Thai vs. American Kickboxing, but they do understand trash talking and archetypes.
Dana is too smart a businessman not to put up Silva Vs. Sonnen 2 on FOX, especially if Edgar Vs. Maynard 3 was a big PPV draw. Expect Silva to ask for $,$$$,$$$$ to take the rematch against Sonnen.

FXTbrah 10-09-2011 06:09 PM

[QUOTE=CaliSuby;3146940]lol dont tell me Stann was gonna win...:rofl:....he didnt do anything...one punch its all...Sonnen FTMFW[/QUOTE]

well ofcourse it was a classic wrestler against a standup guy w/ little takedown defense. i just got mad because there were so many instances where the fight could've been stood up and the ref decided that very moment when chael was finally in stanns guard.

im not a fan of wrestlers. i was happy to see chael active in the gnp instead of lnp like most wrestlers.

TurnWRX 10-10-2011 10:10 AM

[QUOTE=STiForFun;3147315]
Dana is too smart a businessman not to put up Silva Vs. Sonnen 2 on FOX, especially if Edgar Vs. Maynard 3 was a big PPV draw. Expect Silva to ask for $,$$$,$$$$ to take the rematch against Sonnen.[/QUOTE]

There's no way Dana's gonna put Silva vs Sonnen on Fox for free. I just don't see him losing all those PPV sales to put one of the biggest matches on Fox just for a bigger audience. Dana's already said he wants to fast track the rematch asap because of demand, and was willing to skip them becoming coaches on TUF just because of that.

CaliSuby 10-10-2011 01:52 PM

I'd take Chael seriOus if I were Silva.. Chael looked great... Not to say silva hasnt looked his best as of lately too.. So a good fight for sures!

TurnWRX 10-14-2011 04:48 PM

From Espn:

Chad Dundas
[quote]Assuming the English translation we’ve been given is accurate, it was admittedly a bit jarring to see reports of Anderson Silva’s longtime manager, Ed Soares, casually telling a Brazilian media outlet the middleweight champion “only has around four fights left in his career.”

Yet before we all start weeping over the swan song of the world’s top pound-for-pound fighter, it’s important to keep some perspective on exactly what Soares means when he says “four more fights.”

Given that he’s only fought twice each year dating back to 2009, Soares is essentially telling us that Silva plans to carry on through at least 2013, at which point he’ll be pushing 39 and will have a career spanning more than a decade and a half. Put in those terms, it not only seems impossible to expect Silva to soldier on longer, but it would stand as yet another remarkable achievement for him to even make it that far.

Nonetheless, knowing that the Silva camp is already thinking seriously enough about retirement to start throwing around numbers makes every future UFC appearance seem precious. Too precious, frankly, to have them spent fighting the remaining, lesser challengers in the middleweight division.

If Silva only has four fights left, we all know what they should be, in this order: Chael Sonnen, Dan Henderson, Georges St. Pierre, Jon Jones.

Such a lineup of potential superfights is epic enough to make it sound improbable, but anything less would be a disappointment, wouldn’t it? If Silva managed to close out his already legendary career by rolling undefeated through arguably the four biggest challenges of them all, there could be little debate left about his status as the GOAT.

Silva has so dramatically changed the UFC landscape while amassing 14 consecutive wins during five-plus years in the Octagon that it’s difficult to conceive of a 185-pound division without him. But if that time fast approaches, we should at least let him close out his run in a way befitting the most dominant force the UFC has ever known.[/quote]

Choku Dori 10-14-2011 08:00 PM

It'd be smart of Silva to do that and go out on top. So many great fighters stayed on past their "best-by dates" and ended their career with a buncha n00b MMA fans crapping all over them because they never saw them/forgot about them in their primes. Fedor, Mark Coleman, Mirko CroCop, Sato Rumina, Sakurai Hayato, Sakuraba Kazushi (I seriously fear for his life sometimes), the list goes on. :(

OneManArmy 10-14-2011 11:54 PM

[QUOTE=Choku Dori;3150597]It'd be smart of Silva to do that and go out on top. So many great fighters stayed on past their "best-by dates" and ended their career with a buncha n00b MMA fans crapping all over them because they never saw them/forgot about them in their primes. Fedor, Mark Coleman, Mirko CroCop, Sato Rumina, Sakurai Hayato, Sakuraba Kazushi (I seriously fear for his life sometimes), the list goes on. :([/QUOTE]

Chuck. Kirk.

Choku Dori 10-15-2011 02:30 PM

[QUOTE=OneManArmy;3150688]Chuck. Kirk.[/QUOTE]

Chuck as in Chuck Liddell?
Kirk as in :confused:

OneManArmy 10-17-2011 12:20 PM

[QUOTE=Choku Dori;3150880]Chuck as in Chuck Liddell?
Kirk as in :confused:[/QUOTE]

Sorry was referring the Rich Franklin Chuck Liddell fight.

TurnWRX 10-19-2011 11:27 AM

GSP is out of next week's PPV due to a knee injury. Josh Koscheck asked to step in for GSP against Condit, but Condit declined.

Some interesting news on the Sonnen ultimatum lol

From ESPN UK:
[quote]Chael Sonnen has closed the book on his loser-leaves-town offer to Anderson Silva, claiming the UFC middleweight champion has not accepted the challenge.

Sonnen stood in the centre of the Octagon at UFC 136 and called out Silva to a title rematch. The American even promised to leave the UFC if the champion could repeat his victory at UFC 117.

Back then Sonnen gave Silva a wrestling lesson for four rounds before falling to a desperate late submission, and he is confident he would complete the job second time around. Saturday saw the Team Quest man give Silva a 24-hour deadline to accept his challenge, but now the proposal - according to Sonnen - is off the table.

"That offer was good when I made it, but it's like any offer, they've got to expire," Sonnen told Jim Rome's radio show. "Apparently, that didn't work.

"I'm doing anything I can to lure him out, and yes, I would have absolutely done that (left the UFC). I'd have done a winner-takes-all, I'd have done any stipulation he wanted.

"All he needed to do was stand up and give me a thumbs up. [If] he wanted to accept that offer, all he needed to do was nod to me, or have one of his handlers come into the back and say 'Anderson accepts.'

"He did the exact opposite. He went to the media and said 'I do not want to fight that guy.' So what can I do? Now I have to come up with a new offer.

"I'll slap Anderson the next time I see him."[/quote]

FXTbrah 10-19-2011 12:12 PM

I remember back when people hated on Brock because he brought his WWE shenanigans to the UFC. Chael needs to gtfo with this ****.

lol @ GSP pulling out. Notasingle****wasgiven. Hes a boring fighter that plays it safe and doesnt attempt to finish. If he wasnt Canadian, he wouldnt have 75% of this fanbase.

OneManArmy 10-19-2011 02:32 PM

Lol. Condit scared to get ko'd.

Choku Dori 10-19-2011 05:19 PM

[QUOTE=wrxBRAH;3152976]I remember back when people hated on Brock because he brought his WWE shenanigans to the UFC. Chael needs to gtfo with this ****.

lol @ GSP pulling out. Notasingle****wasgiven. Hes a boring fighter that plays it safe and doesnt attempt to finish. If he wasnt Canadian, he wouldnt have 75% of this fanbase.[/QUOTE]

GSP WAS awesome before he became champ, now he's just boring as hell. But then again, you can equally blame Dana White's hump-and-dump contractual policies and the NA Unified Rules for GSP's current lay-and-gay style. :ohwell:

TurnWRX 10-19-2011 07:31 PM

Nick Diaz almost missed another pre-fight promotion in regards to a conference call. He was a "no call" for 45 minutes through the call while UFC officials tried to contact him. Says his phone was dead and he blamed his business manager(s), whom he hired to take care of the business side of things for not letting him know. He only found out when his brother Nate reminded him he was supposed to be in the conference call.

I think if he missed this one entirely, I don't think we would have seen him in the UFC anymore after that.

STiForFun 10-20-2011 09:23 AM

Yeah, gotta love AGAIN now Diaz blames everybody but himself. Then gives the ignorant ass answer of "I didn't know"...C'MON SON.

Sucks about GSP's injury; the first person I thought of was Koscheck stepping in against Condit. He looked great against Hughes, would probably smash on Carlos too, but *womp womp*, Carlos says he'll just wait. I think that's a bad choice, look at Rashad Evans "oh I'll just wait for Jones" , then gets rain checked twice. Is this just being a shrewd planner, or do we have some "don't be scared homie" action going on?

OneManArmy 10-20-2011 11:09 AM

[QUOTE=STiForFun;3153478]Yeah, gotta love AGAIN now Diaz blames everybody but himself. Then gives the ignorant ass answer of "I didn't know"...C'MON SON.

Sucks about GSP's injury; the first person I thought of was Koscheck stepping in against Condit. He looked great against Hughes, would probably smash on Carlos too, but *womp womp*, Carlos says he'll just wait. I think that's a bad choice, look at Rashad Evans "oh I'll just wait for Jones" , then gets rain checked twice. Is this just being a shrewd planner, or do we have some "don't be scared homie" action going on?[/QUOTE]

Yeah Condit is showing some weakness there. He knows if he takes the fight and looses he'll have to fight his way back to a title shot and this shot kind of fell on his lap. And I think he knows he'd have a hard time with Koz.

So I think it's a combo of being aware that the title shot fell on his lap and a bit of fear toward Koz.

The bad part is that Koscheck will NEVER forget the side step and he'll take every chance to take the dig and remind everyone about the "don't be scared homie" moment. It'll give him confidence, make him look better, make Condit look scared/weak. And when he looses to GSP he's gonna have to fight Koscheck anyways.

All around I think it was a bad idea.

CaliSuby 10-29-2011 05:18 PM

Bj vs Diaz baby! Sucks to see two of my favorite fighters fight eachother ...

Feel bad for Griffin.. Just got ko'd in the 1st... 1-4 in his last 5 fights.. Someone is getting cut!

Choku Dori 10-29-2011 05:40 PM

WAR BJ, WAR CROCOP, WAR HIOKI!!!! OSU!!!! :cool:

CaliSuby 10-29-2011 08:06 PM

Kongo us just sooo boring! He got lucky thatatt faught nervous and safe..

OneManArmy 10-29-2011 09:05 PM

Damn Bj. Dude should know by now . Finish ir loose.

TurnWRX 10-31-2011 09:40 AM

Nick Diaz said after the fight with Penn: "I don't think GSP is injured, I think he's scared"

GSP responds with: "He's the most disrespectful human being I've ever met, and I'm going to put the worst beating you've ever seen on him in the UFC"

Dana White says Carlos Condit will step aside and let Diaz fight GSP next during Super Bowl weekend. Let's just hope Diaz doesn't miss any more media conferences lol

OneManArmy 10-31-2011 09:56 AM

I hope diaz chokes gsp out.

Choku Dori 10-31-2011 06:56 PM

And I hope GSP headkicks Diaz into next year. :o

TurnWRX 11-12-2011 06:47 PM

Wow, Cain Velasquez got KO'd by Dos Santos in the 1st round

Choku Dori 11-12-2011 07:10 PM

Big ups to Uyenoyama on his huge win over Kid Yamamoto!

FXTbrah 11-12-2011 08:47 PM

War Cigano. Glad he put Cain down.

Simonster 11-12-2011 10:05 PM

lol i think Cain did himself a favor by losing so he won't have to fight the winner of Overeem vs Lesnar fight....which will be Overeem.

Lurk 11-15-2011 08:09 PM

[YOUTUBE]yMddYf7658Q[/YOUTUBE]

CaliSuby 11-16-2011 03:46 PM

I'm sure Cain will be back...ring rust plays a big role. I'd like to think overeem can take Brock but you just never know with Brock's great wrestling, he can tie you up, bring you down and hammer fist ***k you...Overeem is a known striker not grappler and that's a good reason I think him and JDS would be interesting. Still I'm a fan of Cain. I think he can win it back again...

OneManArmy 11-16-2011 04:37 PM

[QUOTE=CaliSuby;3166690]I'm sure Cain will be back...ring rust plays a big role. I'd like to think overeem can take Brock but you just never know with Brock's great wrestling, he can tie you up, bring you down and hammer fist ***k you...Overeem is a known striker not grappler and that's a good reason I think him and JDS would be interesting. Still I'm a fan of Cain. I think he can win it back again...[/QUOTE]

Should be a good match up. I'm looking forward to the fight. I know Brock has been busting his butt to get better. Every time he comes out he improves a TON and it's been a long time for him to hone skills.

If can can avoid the big hit he might be able to win this one. I for one would like to see brock clean knock a dude out. Just to see his striking hit that level would be rad. I'm not as hyped on Overeem as most people are. If he gets passed brock he's got a tough dude in front of him. Hell... if he looses and has to face Cain he's got a tough fight. If he looses to brock he could very quickly go down the ranks because I think Carwin and Cain can both beat him.

Choku Dori 11-16-2011 06:47 PM

It's easy to write of Overeem as "just" a striker, but don't forget he has more submission victories than T/KO victories thanks to his super nasty guillotine (not to mention his ude garami variations). ;)

OneManArmy 11-16-2011 07:12 PM

[QUOTE=Choku Dori;3166800]It's easy to write of Overeem as "just" a striker, but don't forget he has more submission victories than T/KO victories thanks to his super nasty guillotine (not to mention his ude garami variations). ;)[/QUOTE]

True but the dude is a gnarly kick boxer and lord willing I don't see Brock getting caught in a standing guillotine.

I just don't hold him that high yet because he's had a tough time and/or pulled out of fights against some of the tougher guys.

He was moved away from Arlovski, he's had some issues with werdum (ducking him once), rua, chuck, nog, etc.

Most of the time when he faces a top notch guy he looses or they find some reason to pull him from the fight. He finally beat werdum but I heard the fight was kinda... meh.

He's had some impressive knock outs and some impressive subs so I'll give him his cred.... but he's got a lot of chinks in the armor.

I think he's got as good a chance of getting by Lesnar as he does loosing to him. Maybe 60/40 on the win because he's got more tools.

I think he could take carwin because they're both strikers and he's got more tools but carwin has shown he can knock out anyone. Etc etc etc.

He's good. But I'm not buying into the number 3 slot in the world until he earns it.

Choku Dori 11-16-2011 08:13 PM

[QUOTE=OneManArmy;3166810]True but the dude is a gnarly kick boxer and lord willing I don't see Brock getting caught in a standing guillotine.

I just don't hold him that high yet because he's had a tough time and/or pulled out of fights against some of the tougher guys.

He was moved away from Arlovski, he's had some issues with werdum (ducking him once), rua, chuck, nog, etc.

Most of the time when he faces a top notch guy he looses or they find some reason to pull him from the fight. He finally beat werdum but I heard the fight was kinda... meh.

He's had some impressive knock outs and some impressive subs so I'll give him his cred.... but he's got a lot of chinks in the armor.

I think he's got as good a chance of getting by Lesnar as he does loosing to him. Maybe 60/40 on the win because he's got more tools.

I think he could take carwin because they're both strikers and he's got more tools but carwin has shown he can knock out anyone. Etc etc etc.

He's good. But I'm not buying into the number 3 slot in the world until he earns it.[/QUOTE]

I agree that Lesnar will be a good litmus test for Reem, but one other thing to note: the difference between Reem at LHW and HW is like the difference between Anderson Silva in his Pride days and Anderson Silva in his UFC stint -- in a word, dramatically improved. I have no doubt that Reem will outstrike Lesnar, but it will be interesting to see if he can overcome Lesnar's formidable takedowns and topgame. Although, I think that if Overeem takes a top position on Lesnar, Lesnar will be pretty boned. Either way, should be a fun match! :)

CaliSuby 11-17-2011 04:38 PM

We've seen what wrestling can do when used properly... It's real frustrating and can get you out of your game when you spend all three rounds on your back... Control of your opponent if very important in the UFC... Like I pointed out on Brian Stann and Chael... The grappler will take the fight MOST of the time...the reason Werdum vs Overeem II wS boring was because overeem didn't want to go to the floor with Werdum...(scared to get sub again) . Everyone knows this about Overeem.. Great striker... Lots of muscles... What else? Not known to be a wrestler or bjj subs other than the choke that consist of just muscles, no triangles or fancy subs.. Does great vs the ones who dare strike with him... But is scared and not confident on the ground.. This isn't strikeforce/k1, it's the UFC and if you don't know how to grapple, you Won't have a future in the UFC for long ..

I'm just gonna predict it already... Brock in yhe first or second round by ground and pound/ eat my fist kinda style.. THAT IS if he decides not to exchange with Overeem... And does what Brock does best.. That's tie up up against the cage, tAke down and drop fist.... Overeem will have no defense....

Cung Le KO over Wandy.... Cung Le won't ever be GREAT but Wandy is done. Chin made of glass. Got caught by Leben who is strictly a brawler. Cung Le's striking is so technical... I say KO in the 1st or 2nd...

Hendo is on a rampage right now... So I say KO over Rua a for sure thing... Rua just isn't on Hendos level.. Striking wise their pretty even with Rua getting the upper hand slightly but hendo has that wrestling that I talk about sooo much... That if he decides to use, can control the fight very well...

Tito vs Nog? .... Tito was my first fav fighter when I was young... Was happy to see him beat Bader but I don't think he can beat the brazilian.. More well rounded.. Better hands... Ground game is pretty even euth Nog's bjj and Titos wrestling.. Will see but doupt Tito will win. Nog by decision on a one sided fight..

OneManArmy 11-17-2011 05:41 PM

Those are all pretty solid predictions.

I agree about Wandy but he's still dangerous... but I do think it ends early in the second round.

The hen do/rua fight is the one I look forward to the most. Should be a great fight.

I was bummed about Bader. I can appreciate Tito but I hate the dude. My family is from the Pit... we don't like Tito. Nog has preven that he can be stopped. That can change a fighter with his style. Nog's biggest hole is that if he gets taken down by a guy with a really good top game he can be stopped. Tito's defensive BJJ game is good enough that if he gets on top he wins. If he tries to man up and stand with Nog he could be in trouble. But I think Tito wins a decision or wins by stoppage in the 3rd.

I can't wait to see hendo fight again.

Choku Dori 11-17-2011 06:35 PM

[QUOTE=CaliSuby;3167288]Control of your opponent if very important in the UFC...

Everyone knows this about Overeem.. Great striker... Lots of muscles... What else? Not known to be a wrestler or bjj subs other than the choke that consist of just muscles, no triangles or fancy subs.. Does great vs the ones who dare strike with him... But is scared and not confident on the ground.. This isn't strikeforce/k1, it's the UFC and if you don't know how to grapple, you Won't have a future in the UFC for long ..

I'm just gonna predict it already... Brock in yhe first or second round by ground and pound/ eat my fist kinda style.. THAT IS if he decides not to exchange with Overeem... And does what Brock does best.. That's tie up up against the cage, tAke down and drop fist.... Overeem will have no defense....
[/QUOTE]
Yet another reason why I revile the NA Unified Rules and the 10-point must -- it encourages lay and gay. What good is position without an attempt at submission or gnp? Of course, no one can accuse Lesnar of that. GSP on the other hand... :lol:

That being said, I think you're underestimating Reem's sprawl and his submission game. Like I said in my last post, Reem also has a fairly slick ude garami, and he has armbarred and triangled opponents in the past (although not as common as, say, Big Nog haha). I also wouldn't write off his guillotine as "all muscle" either; he sets them up nicely, especially against opponents going for a clinch or takedown; besides, don't you yourself grapple? You know a poorly placed guillotine doesn't do much, even if the biggest guy in your gym tries to crank the daylights out of you -- it takes correct technique to get it, namely placement of the forearm under the mandible and across the neck, and correct body positioning relative to your opponent. I also don't know if you've watched Reem's fights overseas or if you only watch the domestic MMA, but Reem has a pretty decent topgame. If Reem can keep the fight standing or stay on top, Lesnar's in trouble. If Lesnar can take the top, Reem's in trouble. I also wouldn't discount "puncher's luck" when it comes to Overeem too. That's pretty much it. Either way, it'll be entertaining.

CaliSuby 11-17-2011 07:50 PM

yeah the Reem vs Lesnar fight can go either way....

OneManArmy 11-17-2011 09:40 PM

[QUOTE=Choku Dori;3167348]Yet another reason why I revile the NA Unified Rules and the 10-point must -- it encourages lay and gay. What good is position without an attempt at submission or gnp? Of course, no one can accuse Lesnar of that. GSP on the other hand... :lol:

That being said, I think you're underestimating Reem's sprawl and his submission game. Like I said in my last post, Reem also has a fairly slick ude garami, and he has armbarred and triangled opponents in the past (although not as common as, say, Big Nog haha). I also wouldn't write off his guillotine as "all muscle" either; he sets them up nicely, especially against opponents going for a clinch or takedown; besides, don't you yourself grapple? You know a poorly placed guillotine doesn't do much, even if the biggest guy in your gym tries to crank the daylights out of you -- it takes correct technique to get it, namely placement of the forearm under the mandible and across the neck, and correct body positioning relative to your opponent. I also don't know if you've watched Reem's fights overseas or if you only watch the domestic MMA, but Reem has a pretty decent topgame. If Reem can keep the fight standing or stay on top, Lesnar's in trouble. If Lesnar can take the top, Reem's in trouble. I also wouldn't discount "puncher's luck" when it comes to Overeem too. That's pretty much it. Either way, it'll be entertaining.[/QUOTE]

Devils advocate... guys tap to poorly placed chokes all the time. Sometimes they just want out. Sometimes the dude is strong as feck and it hurts. Not sure if you've ever had a 230kbhigh dude put his forearm on your jaw and crank, but it hurts. Oh... and sometimes guys are Just beaten up and then submitted like thiago's. That was a T-Mobile not a submission. Anyone can choke out a knocked out fighter.

Choku Dori 11-17-2011 11:34 PM

[QUOTE=OneManArmy;3167413]Devils advocate... guys tap to poorly placed chokes all the time. Sometimes they just want out. Sometimes the dude is strong as feck and it hurts. Not sure if you've ever had a 230kbhigh dude put his forearm on your jaw and crank, but it hurts. Oh... and sometimes guys are Just beaten up and then submitted like thiago's. That was a T-Mobile not a submission. Anyone can choke out a knocked out fighter.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it's what separates the men from the boys though. I've had some pretty big dudes crank me before, but if the choke is off position (and he doesn't have the proper position to transition to full-purpose neck crank as opposed to a choke), and if you can remain calm, there's just about always wiggle room (even if it's just a cm or two, it's enough). Of course, sometimes panic or fatigue sets in, and there goes the tap you come to regret. :o

FXTbrah 11-18-2011 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=CaliSuby;3167369]yeah the Reem vs Lesnar fight can go either way....[/QUOTE]

Personally I think it comes down to two things

-Can Lesnar get hit in the face and not curl up into a ball like he always has in the past?

-Is Overeems cardio better than his last fight?

Those will be the deciding factors. It works in Brocks interest to tire the Reem out because Reem doesnt throw any half ass hits. Everything he throws is 150% which is why hes dead tired in round 2.

I think if Overeem plays it smart and doesnt try to over punch Brock when he curls up, he will win. Take a page from Cains book and go for the precise hits instead of bombarding him with blows like Carwin did and then gas.

FXTbrah 11-18-2011 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=CaliSuby;3167288]
Cung Le KO over Wandy.... Cung Le won't ever be GREAT but Wandy is done. Chin made of glass. Got caught by Leben who is strictly a brawler. Cung Le's striking is so technical... I say KO in the 1st or 2nd...

Hendo is on a rampage right now... So I say KO over Rua a for sure thing... Rua just isn't on Hendos level.. Striking wise their pretty even with Rua getting the upper hand slightly but hendo has that wrestling that I talk about sooo much... That if he decides to use, can control the fight very well...

Tito vs Nog? .... Tito was my first fav fighter when I was young... Was happy to see him beat Bader but I don't think he can beat the brazilian.. More well rounded.. Better hands... Ground game is pretty even euth Nog's bjj and Titos wrestling.. Will see but doupt Tito will win. Nog by decision on a one sided fight..[/QUOTE]

Cung vs Wandy is a toss up to me. Sure Wandy is old and his chin is questionable but Leben throws bombs. I doubt many could stand with him. As much as I want Wandy to win, if he loses he needs to hang it up for his safety

Rua vs Hendo. Im picking Rua because his only undisputed loss lately is to Jones and hes proved a worthy fighter. Hendo went to SF and beat cans + Fedor who was way past his prime. Rua is gonna take it to Hendos legs the same way he did to the Dragon.

Tito vs Nog. Lol I hope Tito gets KOd even though he was what got me into mma initially. Titos only win has been Bader in recent years while Rogerio has lost his last two so loser hopefully gets cut. I will give Tito credit though because hes lost to all top notch competition.

Choku Dori 11-18-2011 09:44 PM

WHOA, Wandy and Anderson have buried the hatchet and are training together again under Rafael Cordeiro... Feels like Chute Boxe is back! Add Jerome LeBanner as a training partner to the mix, and I'm starting to think that Cung Le might be in trouble. :cool:
[url=http://www.ufc.com/media/139-wanderlei-anderson]WANDERLEI SILVA'S SECRET WEAPON[/url]

CaliSuby 11-19-2011 10:06 AM

Its hard for fighters to change their fighting styles.. Specially when that's the only way you've ever fought.. He will come out the same way swinging like he is swimming..

Choku Dori 11-19-2011 03:39 PM

[QUOTE=CaliSuby;3167962]Its hard for fighters to change their fighting styles.. Specially when that's the only way you've ever fought.. He will come out the same way swinging like he is swimming..[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Either that, or Wandy's gonna swing for the fences first hard shot he takes to the dome haha. Then again, he's been known to put people out if one of his huge hooks connects.

CaliSuby 11-19-2011 04:02 PM

Yes he has.. Those fist are pretty nasty! I just think he is passed his time.. But it's mma, anything can happend! I'm not always right...

Choku Dori 11-19-2011 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=CaliSuby;3168048]Yes he has.. Those fist are pretty nasty! I just think he is passed his time.. But it's mma, anything can happend! I'm not always right...[/QUOTE]

Agreed, poor Wandy is past his prime. His chin and his killer instinct just haven't been the same since he fought Mark Hunt. That, and he's just too damn handsome-looking now! :joker:

FXTbrah 11-19-2011 07:50 PM

and the Cung hype is derailed lol

CaliSuby 11-19-2011 07:51 PM

agree ^^ but also agree with Rogan ....in trouble but still defending..was worse when Cain was beating a bloody Brock at the end of the 1st..aaaaaw not satisfied..

TurnWRX 11-19-2011 07:52 PM

Cung ate some nasty knees

Choku Dori 11-19-2011 07:56 PM

Haven't seen Wandy's Thai clinch in a while. Good to see it again for old times' sake! :)