i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   UFC Thread (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/ufc-thread-219053/)

crazy_sherm 06-13-2010 12:14 PM

[QUOTE=brucelee;2886491]Anyone have a clip of the Barry CroCop fight?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.mmatko.com/patrick-barry-vs-mirko-cro-cop-filipovic-fight-video-ufc-115/[/url]

TurnWRX 06-13-2010 02:12 PM

[QUOTE=rau;2886511]dont get me wrong, I love CroCop as a fighter and respect all of his accomplishments. But just like I told Brucelee on his FB, if he had stayed way from his left leg and kept him on his back, Barry would have had a win[/QUOTE]

hmm? Crocop barely hit him with many kicks, probably only 2 kicks to the midsection, one axe kick, and that was it. Both were somewhat blocked as well.

If you watch the fight, Barry was being way too nice to Crocop. Pat dropped Crocop twice (even dislocated Crocop's jaw) in the first round and let him up both times, instead of pouncing on him. They must've high fived each other like 10 times during the whole fight, and even hugged each other twice, DURING the fight. Almost looked like a sparring session between good friends than a pure fight between competitors.

I said earlier the reason Barry lost was because he was being too nice. He could've beaten Crocop during the fight, but he saw Crocop as a friend instead and wasn't as aggressive as he should've been.

rau 06-13-2010 06:11 PM

[QUOTE=TurnWRX;2886575]hmm? Crocop barely hit him with many kicks, probably only 2 kicks to the midsection, one axe kick, and that was it. Both were somewhat blocked as well.

If you watch the fight, Barry was being way too nice to Crocop. Pat dropped Crocop twice (even dislocated Crocop's jaw) in the first round and let him up both times, instead of pouncing on him. They must've high fived each other like 10 times during the whole fight, and even hugged each other twice, DURING the fight. Almost looked like a sparring session between good friends than a pure fight between competitors.

I said earlier the reason Barry lost was because he was being too nice. He could've beaten Crocop during the fight, but he saw Crocop as a friend instead and wasn't as aggressive as he should've been.[/QUOTE]

didnt watch the fight so I dunno, I was speaking out of speculation, and stating what should have happened

verc 06-16-2010 12:31 AM

[QUOTE=TurnWRX;2886575]hmm? Crocop barely hit him with many kicks, probably only 2 kicks to the midsection, one axe kick, and that was it. Both were somewhat blocked as well.

I said earlier the reason Barry lost was because he was being too nice. He could've beaten Crocop during the fight, but he saw Crocop as a friend instead and wasn't as aggressive as he should've been.[/QUOTE]

You speak too soon - Barry broke his hand at the second knockdown. Source: guy I used to train with who's good friends with Barry from college.

Yes he was still being too nice, but there's other factors at play.

TurnWRX 07-03-2010 09:26 PM

Lesnar vs Carwin:

Exciting fight. I knew that if Lesnar could weather the storm in the 1st round he would win. Didn't think he'd submit Carwin though.

1st round Carwin landed some bombs on Lesnar, ground and pounded him, Lesnar was in big trouble. Ref was close to calling it a couple times but didn't. Lesnar was still defending, Carwin looked like he tired himself out. Lesnar saved by the bell.

2nd round Lesnar shoots and takes Carwin down, gets on top of him and lands an arm triangle for a submission win.

palmer628 07-03-2010 11:04 PM

i thought lesner was done for
i really dont think anyone can beat him.

03_Impreza_Al 07-03-2010 11:34 PM

That was a crazy fight.

brucelee 07-04-2010 12:03 AM

[QUOTE=TurnWRX;2896979]Lesnar vs Carwin:

Exciting fight. I knew that if Lesnar could weather the storm in the 1st round he would win. Didn't think he'd submit Carwin though.

1st round Carwin landed some bombs on Lesnar, ground and pounded him, Lesnar was in big trouble. Ref was close to calling it a couple times but didn't. Lesnar was still defending, Carwin looked like he tired himself out. Lesnar saved by the bell.

2nd round Lesnar shoots and takes Carwin down, gets on top of him and lands an arm triangle for a submission win.[/QUOTE]

WOW! I really wanted Lesner to lose... He's full of himself and thinks he's the shiz... No matter how great you are, it's always good to be humble, like Fedor for example... He never talks smack, is very polite and respectful which is what people love to see in a fighter. F' all those crap talking tuff guys!

OneManArmy 07-04-2010 12:39 AM

I guarantee you much of that evil lesner stuff is a show. Dana is no dummy and neither is lesner.

Carwin has a good shot at a rematch and winning it. I personally like them both. Nice to see real heavyweights for a change.

I want to see the leben fight. Sounded fun.

Hatteroo 07-04-2010 08:43 AM

Only 1 fight I wanted to see from 116...Lesnar vs Carwin and DAMN carwin very much dissapointed me! How the hell do you go from beating the crap out of someone 1 round then pull a 180 the next and get your ass handed to you?? Horribly dissapointing. Fedor needs to put lesnar in his place but lord knows dana probably won't let that happen yet otherwise fedor would have fought a long time ago in the ufc.

rau 07-04-2010 09:55 AM

Carwin has never been fought outside the first round. he has **** for cardio

TurnWRX 07-04-2010 10:00 AM

[QUOTE=brucelee;2897026]No matter how great you are, it's always good to be humble[/QUOTE]

funny u should say that, because when Joe Rogan interviewed him after the fight, Lesnar said almost the exact same thing lol

TurnWRX 07-04-2010 10:03 AM

[QUOTE=OneManArmy;2897037]I guarantee you much of that evil lesner stuff is a show. Dana is no dummy and neither is lesner.

[/QUOTE]

Part of that comes from him being a heel in the WWE. Makes the drama that much more exciting :D

-----------

Btw I heard Fedor lost to somebody recently. And it was in San Jose.

STiForFun 07-04-2010 11:54 AM

As much as I bite into Lesnar's heel character & thus dispise him; I respect the frack outta him for taking that beatdown Carwin gave him & winning the match. When they were standing for the bell at the second round, I looked at Lesnar smiling and went "uh-oh, he aint done, this is going to the ground"...then BOOM. Lesnar shoots and gets the punched out Carwin on the ground. The rest was classic ground game, Lesnars finish was perfect positioning. We may be looking at an Anderson Silva esque title run.

Hatteroo 07-04-2010 02:05 PM

[quote=rau;2897109]Carwin has never been fought outside the first round. he has **** for cardio[/quote]
hahaha yeaaah that was pretty obvious the 2nd round.