Transmission help

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 08:48 AM

Car Info: 04 wgn
Transmission help

Hi all, hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

I have an 04 TS 4EAT with 202k miles , basically my trans fluid wont drain into the trans/reservoir pan/diff. its just stuck in the dipstick tube when I refill it, wheels dont turn obviously since theres no fluid draining in.

how did I get here?

1. I changed front axles/seals, dealership gave me the wrong seals, which created a leak. Got new seals and reinstalled. Also noticed a leak from the trans fluid reservoir pan, so I drained trans completely, removed pan, remade the silicone seal and installed back on.

2. Did timing belt change, gates kit, bosch water pump, thermostat and seal from dealership. changed serpentine and steering belts + tensioner puley.

When I went to fill up the trans fluid again, it just wont go in, its stuck in the dipstick/fill tube, wheels dont spin, trans shifts just fine. I waited overnight and tried again, wheels barely started moving so I think the fluid is slowly seeping in.

Any idea what I could have done to cause this? I've flushed my transfluid several times without issue, could there be an air bubble? could I have done something during the timing belt change when reinstalling the radiator?
Old 12-14-2013, 09:56 AM

Car Info: 04 wagon
Air breather hose might be clogged. Could try disconnecting the hose and pouring it in to see if that helps.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:32 PM

Car Info: 04 wgn
Originally Posted by ddavis
Air breather hose might be clogged. Could try disconnecting the hose and pouring it in to see if that helps.
thanks, i'll try it out.