Totaled?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 09:12 AM

Car Info: Hybrid
Originally Posted by Krinkov
I know where your coming from, but we're not talking about what you can get it done for if you have a hook up with a body shop, talking about what a body shop will write the estimate for to the insurance company. No body shop I work for would ever put on the estimate that they would repair a bumper rather than replace it, waste of time and less money for the shop. And again, that quarter panel is f***ed.
Agreed. What we need to do is find this dude a homie homes who can hook him up with body work. They do exist. I've had body work done on my car in the past for cheap, cuz my ex-gf had a family member working at an professional body shop.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:12 AM

Car Info: Wrb bugeye
Originally Posted by GD916
if they do total it i'll take your mudflaps off your hands
im serious about this
Old 09-05-2011, 09:14 AM

im serious about this
Dude. That's not constructive at all. Go look on the classifieds if you want to buy mudflaps. Not cool. Not cool.

Last edited by SubyWrxGuy; 09-05-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:28 AM

Car Info: Wrb bugeye
Originally Posted by SubyWrxGuy
Dude. That's not constructive at all. Go look on the classifieds if you want to buy mudflaps. Not cool. Not cool.
agreed, but in all seriousness this car is definitely gonna be totalled, too many panels that need replacement. I've been involved in 7 accidents, none of which were my fault, and had to deal with every ****ty insurance company our there. Because of my misfortune, my insurance adjustor and I are pretty good buddies, so i could e-mail him a picture of this car and get his opinion... i assume you will be finding out in a couple days tho
Old 09-05-2011, 09:40 AM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
As a person that just did a widebody. And know the costs really well. That car is going to be a write off. If teh KBB value is that low.
Most of everyone is looking at the top level damage. There is damage below all that as well. quarter panel is a big one. If you had a bodywork hook up. You could uses this to go wide in the back. Labor is what pushes these types of jobs over the limit. It takes a few minutes to swap those doors for new. But takes an hour plus to swap out the door internals for each door. Then labor to load it on the frame puller.
The OP also needs to make up his mind if he wants to total it. If it comes close, sometimes the body shop with drop the labor or the quality of parts to keep the job.
So you have to stay on top of the quality of the parts. Most try and use rebuilt parts. You want new only....

Sub out the suspension and aglinment work. Who's also to say there is no wiring or electrical problems as well.
Then add in the cost of damaged aftermarket parts, coil overs? wheels?

We will see in a few days what the results are. I hope the OP gets it all worked out, I hear so many horror stories now days..

Last edited by old.guy; 09-05-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:45 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by SubyWrxGuy
And your point is?
Old 09-05-2011, 09:47 AM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
And your point is?
I think he was trying to swat away the vulchers circling the car. hahaha
Old 09-05-2011, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by old.guy
As a person that just did a widebody. And know the costs really well. That car is going to be a write off. If teh KBB value is that low.
Most of everyone is looking at the top level damage. There is damage below all that as well. quarter panel is a big one. If you had a bodywork hook up. You could uses this to go wide in the back. Labor is what pushes these types of jobs over the limit. It takes a few minutes to swap those doors for new. But takes an hour plus to swap out the door internals for each door. Then labor to load it on the frame puller.
The OP also needs to make up his mind if he wants to total it. If it comes close, sometimes the body shop with drop the labor or the quality of parts to keep the job.
So you have to stay on top of the quality of the parts. Most try and use rebuilt parts. You want new only....

Sub out the suspension and aglinment work. Who's also to say there is no wiring or electrical problems as well.
Then add in the cost of damaged aftermarket parts, coil overs? wheels?

We will see in a few days what the results are. I hope the OP gets it all worked out, I hear so many horror stories now days..
+1

Good suggestion.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:16 AM

agreed, but in all seriousness this car is definitely gonna be totalled, too many panels that need replacement. I've been involved in 7 accidents, none of which were my fault, and had to deal with every ****ty insurance company our there. Because of my misfortune, my insurance adjustor and I are pretty good buddies, so i could e-mail him a picture of this car and get his opinion... i assume you will be finding out in a couple days tho
Not trying to be a d1ck about it. I was merely trying to find a solution to his problem.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by old.guy
I think he was trying to swat away the vulchers circling the car. hahaha
Precisely.

Put yourself in his shoes. His car just got wreaked and people are already looking to part-out his stuff.

He wants answers and solutions. He's probably not looking to sell anything yet...
Old 09-05-2011, 11:10 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX, 2008 TRIBECA
yea. i think it willl total
Old 09-05-2011, 01:21 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx

my car is older and had more damage. didn't get totaled. 8k in damage. ::shrugs::
Old 09-05-2011, 01:47 PM

Car Info: Eclipse
Hey sorry i havent been responding. The accident happened on the day I was moving into a new house, so i've been really busy with that. I brought it to the same place my sister brought her accord to after a tree branch fell on her car. They quoted het $1600 for a mirror replacement and paint only on the drivet side. This was 100% the other drivers fault and he took blame. I want this car written off because i dont want a salvage title and i would love a 0405 AW Wrx. Well i think i'm suppose to meet with thr adjuster tomorrow, so ill keep you guys updated as things progress.

P.S. I had the mudflaps on the classifieds along with my rpf1 thread a week ago haha
Old 09-05-2011, 01:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Re: RU-X's pic...
Damage doesn't look as severe.
"Look" being the key word for nearly all posts in this thread though.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by PaulWalker
Hey sorry i havent been responding. The accident happened on the day I was moving into a new house, so i've been really busy with that. I brought it to the same place my sister brought her accord to after a tree branch fell on her car. They quoted het $1600 for a mirror replacement and paint only on the drivet side. This was 100% the other drivers fault and he took blame. I want this car written off because i dont want a salvage title and i would love a 0405 AW Wrx. Well i think i'm suppose to meet with thr adjuster tomorrow, so ill keep you guys updated as things progress.

P.S. I had the mudflaps on the classifieds along with my rpf1 thread a week ago haha
You might want to PM the guy who was asking about your mudflaps....

Quick Reply: Totaled?