to those w/ AIG / 21st Century insurance and been in an accident...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 06:44 PM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
to those w/ AIG / 21st Century insurance and been in an accident...

when you got into an accident and were NOT at fault....

did you get reimbursed your deductible? i'm being told that i have to pay my deductible regardless fault or not at fault....

i believe this to be complete BS!

i did not ask to be in an accident.. why the **** should i have to pay for someone else hitting me?!?!?
Old 09-29-2008, 06:45 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
i don't have AIG nor 21st. i have allstate, but i don't pay a dime if is not my fault.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:47 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
I as well don't have that insurance but i never had to pay if it wasn't my fault.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:48 PM

Car Info: 05 cgm imp
only times i've had to use my insurance was when it was hit and run.

not my suby but my previous car, it was rammed on the passenger door by an suv or something, door was smashed up along with the front fender, bill came out to 6g or so, paid my $750 deductable and that was it.

then again someone rammbed my rear left pass. door, 4k in damage but i paid $300 this time because i took it to a shop that my mother knows through church.

only time that someone else was at fault...(shady *** white woman, if you see this, **** you, you two faced inbred ******** **** waffle). anyways, she the van driver was at fault, i took it to her insurance but nothing ever happened.

damage stayed until my 2nd hit and run, the shop repaired everything that wasnt related to the hit and run.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
I have AIG and I did have to pay the $500 deductible but I did get it back. I thought it was BS too, but I just said screw it and did it. I also got money from them for a rental car even though I had a second vehicle. But I had to ask for that.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
If you claim through your own insurance policy regardless of who's at fault, you'll ALWAYS have to pay your deductible first.
Your insurance company will then look into the facts of loss, and if it's determined that you were not at fault, your insurance company will subrogate against the other side's insurance company. What "subrogate" means is that your insurance company will get back all the money to cover the damages to you from the other insurance company, and that includes reimbursement of your deductible as well.
The reason why insurance companies do this is because they are repairing your vehicle regardless of whether you are at fault or not (and often before an assignment of fault is even made), so of course they have to have you adhere to the contract you signed with them (namely, your insurance policy). If you don't want to deal with your deductible period, wait for the other side's insurance company to admit fault, then claim directly through them.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
the other insurance company should reimburse you your deductible (at least that is what farmers insurance is doing for me...)

but i have to pay my deductible through my insurance and will get reimbursed through farmers
Old 09-29-2008, 08:41 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
sorry dorifto88 but i personally hate farmers insurance with a passion.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
Originally Posted by xhengmanx

well, farmers is the insurance of the lady who hit me... hopefully they can give me my deductible reimbursement sooons!
Old 09-30-2008, 01:35 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by xhengmanx
Hey, just outta curiosity, why's that?
I'm thinking of switching my insurance soon, so any bit of info would help me shop around. Thanks!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:39 AM

Car Info: 20psi Daily!
go with allstate. "are you in good hands?"
Old 09-30-2008, 11:27 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Hey, just outta curiosity, why's that?
I'm thinking of switching my insurance soon, so any bit of info would help me shop around. Thanks!

not to take away from the thread:

My parents have farmers, and I keep telling them to switch, but they're "helping out a friend" who is a farmers agent, so they stick with it.

Just a few months ago, my stepsister got into an accident where some lady backed out into her in a parking lot (don't know 100% of the story, but that's what she said). Both the lady and my stepsister have farmers, and after a few weeks farmers came to the conclusion that both drivers were at fault (didn't get the police report, didn't talk to either drivers, and never got any pictures of the accident). This way, both parties don't get any insurance money from farmers, unless they pay the deductible, yet both get to pay increased premiums since both now have a recent accident on their record.

Back to the thread: When I had 21st, I reported a hit and run, and they said I had to pay the deductible to make sure I didn't just make up the hit and run story. I had a police report, and a really cool driver pulled over and gave me their information telling me I could call them for a witness. A few weeks later, I had a $6xx check, which I believe included the deductible.

Last edited by STi-owns-evo; 09-30-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:28 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Originally Posted by wimprezax06
i don't have AIG nor 21st. i have allstate, but i don't pay a dime if is not my fault.
Allstate Ftw.

I used to have 21st Century - until I was old enough to afford my own insurance and got Allstate.

With an accident on my record and under 25 with my new car, I shockingly only pay $108/month for full coverage.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:57 PM

Car Info: nothing
i had 21st century and i had two car crashes with them, i didn't pay anything(both were not my fault)

I'm now with allstate, are you in good hands?
Old 09-30-2008, 04:38 PM
VIP Member

Wow, that's pretty jacked

Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
not to take away from the thread:

My parents have farmers, and I keep telling them to switch, but they're "helping out a friend" who is a farmers agent, so they stick with it.

Just a few months ago, my stepsister got into an accident where some lady backed out into her in a parking lot (don't know 100% of the story, but that's what she said). Both the lady and my stepsister have farmers, and after a few weeks farmers came to the conclusion that both drivers were at fault (didn't get the police report, didn't talk to either drivers, and never got any pictures of the accident). This way, both parties don't get any insurance money from farmers, unless they pay the deductible, yet both get to pay increased premiums since both now have a recent accident on their record.

Back to the thread: When I had 21st, I reported a hit and run, and they said I had to pay the deductible to make sure I didn't just make up the hit and run story. I had a police report, and a really cool driver pulled over and gave me their information telling me I could call them for a witness. A few weeks later, I had a $6xx check, which I believe included the deductible.

Quick Reply: to those w/ AIG / 21st Century insurance and been in an accident...