Thank you Gruppe-S no thank you girl on 880

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 06:41 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Originally Posted by REX500D
Estimate is now over 14,000 to fix the car!!! Insurance has decided not to fix it and will be writing me a check . What do I buy now?
evo IX if you want to go fast for cheap =P
Old 09-20-2006, 06:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by Krinkov
, I got rear ended by some 16yo girl in her dads taurus one time
You don't say? That's some pretty kinky ish, Jeremy. You sicko!
Old 09-20-2006, 06:47 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by REX500D
Estimate is now over 14,000 to fix the car!!! Insurance has decided not to fix it and will be writing me a check . What do I buy now?
Id get a used Saab 92-X and dump all your STI stuff into it. Thats what Im going to do if someone nails me in traffic, I miss surprising people in my old wagon, and NOBODY would suspect you in a Saab wagon
Old 09-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by ipozestu
You don't say? That's some pretty kinky ish, Jeremy. You sicko!
No. That story I told you about was the time I rear ended some 16yo girl in the back of her dads taurus. but that had nothing to do with this?
Old 09-20-2006, 06:51 PM

Car Info: '08 FSXT (Aspen White)
Originally Posted by chubs22
put your head on the headrest and keep on the brakes
If it's going to be a hard/violent impact, I've been told that it's best to relax your body (to help absorb/dissipate the impact).

Originally Posted by soundwave
Legacy GT
Ditto.

-Mike-
Old 09-20-2006, 07:30 PM

It suxs to get rear ended since you don't know when it's coming.. it sux even more when u see it and can't do anything.. I got reared end a couple of months back.. put two holes in my bumper and took out some paint. What I got from it was cash for my VF34
Old 09-20-2006, 09:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by ucbsti
evo IX if you want to go fast for cheap =P
Those Evo's are going (relatively) cheap these days, I once saw one put down over 240whp on a baseline run at Gruppe-s...that's not bad stock. I wonder what they put down with a pipe and EM?

If you've got the cash and want a hardcore experience, look at an Evo.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:25 PM

Car Info: 2006 STi 2012 STi
Originally Posted by ShadowSTi
I think we know the moral to this story. Women should never be given a driver's lisence. Haha!
haha being a girl i dont totally disagree with this statement....toooo many women drivers should NOT be driving.

my friend who lost his legs in a motorcycle accident still road races his cars..with all these cool setups..earlier this week he was hit in his porsche by an excursion driven by an 18 yr old chick late for her hair appt! OMG....shes so lucky he didnt kill her...i would have given anything to see the expression on her face tho when he got out in a wheelchair

another friends car was sideswiped the other day by a girl on her cell phone driving mommys lexus and someone was yelling at her and she was crying...totally not paying attention.

PS....hope youre okay and hope the car will be too!
Old 09-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Underpants Gnome

Car Info: 1.4 Ford Fiesta
The moral of this story is that every American should have their license taken away, hit in the head with a tackhammer, then forced to take a British driver's test. Less than 20% would pass, the skies would clear, flowers would bloom, and I'd drive down the freeway singing only the gayest of melodies (sarcasm).

Seriously though the drivers in the bay area have been getting worse and worse every year on an exponential level. I compare it to an airborne virus. Everyday more and more people catch it, until the freewys become massive scrapheaps. I count the number of times I am almost t-boned every damn week. The drivers in this area simply defy logic, nowhere in their head is there any common sense, driving sense, or perception. The worst part is that they don't realize it, and get mad at me for honking when they mess up. So not only do they drive terribly, they don't realize it, then get angry when someone tries to tell them. This is the pinnacle of stupidity.

For me this came to a head last summer when some stupid hillbilly american hit me (And totalled my beautiful subaru conversion) in a parking lot. He was 100% at fault, his agent told me this, and I did everything right including taking pictures of the scene before either of the cars were moved. I gave all of this info to those A-holes down at Allstate, and as far as I know the case is still being fought! The part that pisses me off is that Allstate was trying to get me to accept %50 fault.

What I have learned from this is that not only is it dangerous driving around the streets of this country, but if someone comes along and hits you, even if it isn't your fault, you are ****ed!

I now feel like tweak when I am driving around. On the freeway I know that the chances are that I am surrounded my people who are not paying attention, and that can turn into me at any time. This last summer I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time driving in England and France. Even in England, driving through central London in a 23' stickshift diesel mercedes workvan I was 10 times more comfortable than driving my 240 sx along highway 85. THe driving skill of the British, even the French, far surpasses anything that is possible in this country!

I still love driving, just not when I am surrounded by mindless buffoons talking on their cell phones about absolutely nothing.

End of Rant

Cliff Notes -- 93.3% of Americans do not belong behind the wheel of a car.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:05 PM
Straight as an arrow

Car Info: The Fit is gone!
When I was read ended in my Legacy I just put on the brakes as hard as I could and watched the mirror. It was weird... the Ram kept getting bigger and then my rear window shattered and exploded.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:59 PM

Car Info: 1990 turbo miata
Originally Posted by KGB4187
When I was read ended in my Legacy I just put on the brakes as hard as I could and watched the mirror. It was weird... the Ram kept getting bigger and then my rear window shattered and exploded.
oh **** i could never imagin...