Thank you Equilibrium Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 03:18 PM

Car Info: 04' Aspen White WRX
Thank you Equilibrium Tuning

I just wanted to publicly thank Ed from Equilibrium Tuning for making my car feel like it should feel straight from the factory. The power response is great and extremely smooth. I had previously owned a cobb stage 2 flashed Ecu, while the Cobb did its job well, the smoothness of the tune done by Ed can’t be touched. We had previously delta dashed the Cobb to check for open/ close loop delays and fond them to still be there. From 3k-4k the fuel map hadn’t switched over yet and there was a good deal of hesitation there with Cobb. Now all that hesitation is gone. Just pulls like mad from 3k and up. I only have a downpipe and catback, no uppipe, but boost comes on strong and fast. I’m just amazed how the car pulls all the way to redline, there’s no drop off. Ed spent a lot of time tuning the car and wouldn’t stop until he was satisfied. He even called me the next day to come back in because he had a few ideas on how to better the map he already made. Thanks again Ed, your dedication to your customers’ satisfaction is phenomenal, and I’ll be sure to come back for tunes in the future.

-Chris

Just for clarification. The blue line is a road dyno of a Bone stock 04 WRX. My car is the red line. My mods are just a stromung downpipe and a borla catback. Stock 3rd cat and uppipe
Attached Thumbnails Thank you Equilibrium Tuning-stromungdp-catback.jpg  

Last edited by Crisisback; 02-21-2005 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:12 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Hey Chris,

Thanks for the kind words. Good to hear you're enjoying your car. I'll let you know when my wideband is all set up so we can get a bit more out of your car.

Thanks
-- Ed

Equilibrium Tuning
Old 02-22-2005, 10:59 PM
duo

Car Info: WRB WRX 2004
its smooth to huh. Well done ed good numbers glad to hear you love it chris. Eq tuning is just that a balanced tune. Great power and keeping safe the key to a great daily driver.

Last edited by duo; 02-22-2005 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:27 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
let me know once you get your wideband as well.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:28 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by mcdrama
Will do!

-- Ed

EQ Tuning
Old 02-23-2005, 11:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
Are you running a stock cat in the up pipe? I highly recommend you change that out fast. If the up pipe cat ever decides to go, chunks will fly into your turbo and destroy it.

-GDO
Old 02-23-2005, 03:17 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by Onizuka
Are you running a stock cat in the up pipe? I highly recommend you change that out fast. If the up pipe cat ever decides to go, chunks will fly into your turbo and destroy it.

-GDO

GDO,

yes, Chris is running the stock uppipe with cat. I took that into consideration by setting his a/f fairly rich to keep EGT's down and keep that cat intact. I agree with you, however, that a catless uppipe is deffinately one of the more important mods.

-- Ed

EQ Tuning
Old 02-23-2005, 09:24 PM

Car Info: MY00RS25
Adam,

What are you doing on the internet? Get back in the shop and get to work.

-JOE
Old 02-23-2005, 10:33 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by LIC Motorsports
Really? I haven't seen that before. If this truelly was a problem, I think we would have seen this happen. Have you gutted a stock uppipe before? I assume Not, because it literally takes heavy duty tools and about an hour to do it. The pre-cat is Not like the normal cats (honeycomb type) which can melt or break into pieces. If it was like them, then your theory would be true.

Sorry Ed, not trying to hyjack your thread or anything, I just had to say something cause I've heard this going around before and thought this kind of thinking was gone by now.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong and just haven't witnessed it yet

Anyways, just my $.01

-Adam
adam@licmotorsports.com
Hey Adam,

No worries about hyjacking the thread... although its not even mine .
I've deffinately heard about this many times but also have never seen it first person or talked to anyone who actually had it happen to their car... who knows though, crazy stuff does happen once in a while.

-- Ed

EQ Tuning
Old 02-23-2005, 10:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: the blue bucket
I've seen a bunch of EGT probes that have helped modify turbo's as well as a couple of cat fragments go into a turbo back in the very early days and if I recall they were both covered under warranty.

Haven't seen to many catted uppipes in while though and thankfully like Adam said they are fairly robust.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: a few WRX's and a Z ;)
Originally Posted by LIC Motorsports

Anyways, just my $.01

-Adam
adam@licmotorsports.com
adam,

u need change for that .01 ?
Old 02-25-2005, 03:59 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by mcdrama

Well as requested, my wideband and labjack came in the mail today, so after this weekend I'll be fully set up to road tune with it!

Chris, we should set up a time to check out your car out and make any necessary changes to your tune. Since you're local, that shouldn't be much of a problem .

-- Ed

EQ Tuning
Old 03-13-2005, 11:50 PM

Car Info: 2004 Aspen White WRX wagon
I also want to thank Ed of Equilibrium Tuning for my tune Yesterday.. The numbers were just what I was looking for.. But you have to drive it to believe the difference.. 1st and 2nd pulls like crazy now.. My car has a helix uppipe, hks catback, stock DP, stock intake box with k&n drop in minus the silencer..

Ed is very dedicated in his work.. I think he has spent about 5 hours on my car so far..

In Green is my numbers before the tune with my bolt ons..
In Red and Yellow are after the after numbers..

:banana:
Attached Thumbnails Thank you Equilibrium Tuning-dyno.jpg  

Quick Reply: Thank you Equilibrium Tuning