Taking BART to SF from Fremont everyday: Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 11:00 PM

Car Info: civic
Originally Posted by nic3krnnamja83
uhm bring hand sanitizer with u

haha, i never did that, but it's a good idea to do so. Another thing to note if you dont like germs, is to wear hoodies if you plan on passing out on the seat..

have you seen the nasty *** stains on those chairs?
Old 01-31-2008, 11:28 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
Originally Posted by AzN121184
have you seen the nasty *** stains on those chairs?
Literally...
Old 02-01-2008, 12:03 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
You will love trying to sleep at night, and all you can hear are the 3 electric gears in your head...the sound of the train as it takes off from every stop.

Kinda like when your done river rafting or on a boat, you go to bed on land and feel like youre still floating.

I wouldnt park a nice car in a BART lot.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:10 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
The plus side of coming from the Fremont stop is the fact that you get first crack at the seats since it's the first train north. Coming back however, most likely you'll stand, depending on what stop, but I'm guessing it's somewhere between Civic Center and Embarcadero. I'd say you pretty much have to leave the house an hour and a half before work to make it on time. I might be overshooting it, but I hate being late to work.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I'd be leaving from the Union City station, I'd park my car at the Americas Tire co down the street from the station and ride my skate board to the station... My best friend is the manager at the Americas Tire so he's cool with me parking there every day... and I know most of the guys that work there as well.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:01 AM

Also, I appreciate all the advice guys, thanks a bunch!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:03 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
1. Do not make eye contact.
2. Sit with your back against the wall.
3. Set your "Situational Awareness" to max.
4. Enjoy the freak show!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:32 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
I rode BART from Dublin to Montgomery every day for 3 years. I gave cash to my mom to buy me the red tickets as a senior. Never got caught.

Probably the biggest problem is parking, so you should be good to go.

ipod made the ride seem so much shorter.

I got to the point where I could fall asleep and wake up just before my stop without an alarm.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:39 AM

Car Info: civic
if u have an ipod, or ds lite, or a psp bring them. it will make your ride much shorter and maybe enjoyable.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:40 AM

Car Info: 2008 WRX
I do the Fremont to SF every day. If you dont have one you should get an Ipod or some other MP3 player. I like BART because you dont have to sit in trafic and get pissed off and be in a crap mood when you get to work.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:42 AM

Car Info: 05 WRB STi
http://www.bart.gov/news/features/features20061018.asp

Check that guy out. My fiancee and I both have one. She commutes into SF every day from Castro Valley and I take it into Pleasanton.

It works just like fast track. It fills itself up each time you go under $10. You get charged $45 each time it refills but you get $48 on the card. So an extra $3 each time you fill up.

They also have BART plus passes which allow you to ride Muni for free for two weeks.

http://www.bart.gov/tickets/types/typesPlus.asp

It costs a bit more but if you need to take Muni to get to your building it can save you a few more dollars.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:03 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
You're looking at a couple hundred bucks a month in bart expenses. The ride itself is fine. I got to the point where I'd just go to sleep. My body would wake me up at the right station most of the time.

It ain't cheap to work out there. I was spending about $10,000 a year in travel expenses and lunch/coffee.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:36 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by brucelee
I'd be leaving from the Union City station, I'd park my car at the Americas Tire co down the street from the station and ride my skate board to the station... My best friend is the manager at the Americas Tire so he's cool with me parking there every day... and I know most of the guys that work there as well.
Awesome, didn't know Kendall would let you do that. Haha! Yea, it'll be more or less a 45 minute ride. For me (Bayfair Station) it was about a half hour.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
You're looking at a couple hundred bucks a month in bart expenses. The ride itself is fine. I got to the point where I'd just go to sleep. My body would wake me up at the right station most of the time.

It ain't cheap to work out there. I was spending about $10,000 a year in travel expenses and lunch/coffee.
Well, right now I'm spending around $50 every 3 days in gas, most of that goes towards driving to Plesanton from Fremont every day, plus the wear and tear on my car, miles, risk of accidents, etc, etc... So it kind of works out since the UC bart station is literally 2 mins from my house (even though I live in Fremont).
Old 02-01-2008, 10:02 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by brucelee
Well, right now I'm spending around $50 every 3 days in gas, most of that goes towards driving to Plesanton from Fremont every day, plus the wear and tear on my car, miles, risk of accidents, etc, etc... So it kind of works out since the UC bart station is literally 2 mins from my house (even though I live in Fremont).
DEFINITELY better than driving to Ptown and back.

Quick Reply: Taking BART to SF from Fremont everyday: Advice?