Stevens Creek Subaru or Capitol Subaru?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 08:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
I'd avoid Capitol. They enjoy wasting people's time, being vague and generally playing the typical bull**** dealership game. I'd never step foot in there again.

I'm curious who your sales guy was....because that really doesn't sound like Capitol at all.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:46 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
I'm curious who your sales guy was....because that really doesn't sound like Capitol at all.
Ron. Well, initially Dave, but I got passed off to Ron somehow. I was down once, didn't reach an agreement. I was then contacted via email and I laid my absolute terms on the table, they said ok, come back down. I go back to SJ again and the exact numbers I stated the day before were suddenly so out of the realm of possibility the 'middle ground' was about retail plus fees.

Funny, I went to South Coast the following day and got my STi for barely invoice OTD, plus I had the option of gold or silver wheels, STi or WRX wing... blah blah blah. SCS went above and beyond, no games played, the numbers on the phone were the same numbers when I showed up. Signed papers and left with a new car.

Maybe I wasn't 'old enough to recognize a deal' as Ron hinted at several times during our negotiations, or perhaps I didn't appear to have the money to buy a brand new car....ah well, their loss and hopefully the loss of future customers due to this story.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:58 PM

Car Info: black 06 wrx
dont even waste your time with stevens creek... capitol suby is where its at, great guys over there
Old 07-12-2008, 11:19 PM

I can't say anything about Steven's Creek. I haven't been there in a long time, but maybe they are worth looking at with the recent changes in management.

I recently went to Capitol Subaru with the sole intention of just checking out what the new shaped Imprezas were like up close (I missed the auto shows this year). The salesman (can't remember his name, but a young guy) was very helpful and even offered an STi for a test drive, which I did. They even let me walk out the door without buying it, although they had a couple of goes. The amusing thing was that they still have the money man in the office. In some ways this looked cheesy compared with other dealers who seem to have moved toward a less aggressive sales policy. OTOH, when you have a hardball money guy, you don't feel so guilty about wading in with negotiation. If I decide to get another Subaru, I'll head there first.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:27 PM

Car Info: Eq tuned Dom3 xtr 2T Ruckus 2012 Zx6r
Go to Capitol Subaru. all cars sold, comes with lifetime powertrain. thats if she's not planning on modding the crap out of her car.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:09 AM

Car Info: 2011 Impreza 2.5i Dark Gray Metallic
Thanks for all replies... we decided to go to Capitol Subaru because they have the most inventory (at least w/ what want) & got the car from them.

The sales guy Jason was pretty cool... I even bought him Taco Bell's Fruitista Freeze since he was so cool! He was straight up asking what we wanted to pay & we got the deal.

The only problem was we found some very minor scratches on driver's side rear door's B-pillar (black plastic part). Hey! We were buying a BRAND NEW car, of course we wanted to be perfect! Jason sent the car to service/detail department to have it fixed & I knew it was going to be tough since it's plastic. Car came out 15 minutes later... scratches were still showing but not as obvious as before. We asked Jason if there's anything else he can do, so he called his manager Ron (the ********). Ron came out to look at them & he said they are not even visible (or something like that)... then how could we see them?! Ron called the service manager Justin to check them out. Justin said he could buff them out, but we need to make an appointment & leave the car for about half day. THAT was the right answer (w/ the right attitude)! I mean we are not even sure when we could have them fixed, but don't tell us BS! Ron left even more black finger prints or something on the roof when he lean against the car, but Justin saw them & clean them up. Justin is cool, too. He even invited us to a suby meet on Sunday there & hang out at LeMans GoKart after that.

Basically I would recommend Capitol Subaru, but just avoid seeing Ron FTL!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 08:10 AM

Car Info: 04 STI
Originally Posted by xhengmanx
i work for stevens creek subaru. and they now have a new service dept manager, sales manager and parts dept manager. so most people wont let a grudge go even though its not even the same person that works there. the people who work there are cool and relaxed. but i wouldnt mind buying a car from stevens creek subaru.
How new? I tried giving them another chance about two years ago and the "new" service manager (tallish fat bald white guy, IIRC) was just as big an a-hole as the previous one.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:49 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Not the same guy.

The service manager has been there less than a year. I'm the parts manager and it's been barely a month and a half for me. The GM is also under a year.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:17 PM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX Wagon, 08 SSM STI
Originally Posted by WRXBOOST10
Go to Capitol Subaru. all cars sold, comes with lifetime powertrain. thats if she's not planning on modding the crap out of her car.
Is that lifetime powertrain warranty still true? I thought they featured it on their website www.capitolsubarusj.com but I don't see them advertising it anymore.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:11 PM

Car Info: me crazy when you ask "what suspension u on?"
Originally Posted by jazzml
Hey i work for Capitol Subaru and I am setting up a program where i-clubbers get a discounted rate when they come to Captiol Subaru because their trying to become the enthusiast dealer to go to
How'd you get that?

Anthony, hook it up with some Newport Blue Pearl touch up paint. ;]
Old 07-13-2008, 11:01 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Mention i-Club and we do offer a discount in the parts department. Just as an FYI.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:07 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
I'm glad you were able to get good service at capitol... I keep hearing good things about capitol, I've been to stevens creek once (nothing special)...

However, I highly recommend Subaru of Santa Cruz... I used to work at the boardwalk and I took my subie there a few times for some minor work... and they are super duper chill (I also got a boardwalk discount )
Old 07-13-2008, 11:36 PM

Car Info: 2007 WRX CGM
From what my friends and I have experienced, SCS is only good if you plan on purchasing an STI. Anything less, they will treat you like kids who come to joy ride cars.

Also, Jason at Capitol's service dept. is a guy I would trust with my car. ++++
Old 07-14-2008, 12:05 AM

Car Info: '16 GTI, '02 Miata SE
Thumbs up Looking Forward to the Next One

Last edited by Stock Y-gon; 07-14-2008 at 12:07 AM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 07-14-2008, 10:41 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Sport Wagon
Diablo Subaru suxs so bad

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek Subaru or Capitol Subaru?