Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 11:38 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Wish there was a better way to destroy their market and tell others just to hit up capital/santa cruz/carlsen.

Way to blow.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:59 AM

Car Info: 00 BRP 2.5RS Sold = 04 SRR WRX Wagon, 06 AW STI :(
Originally Posted by glenspen
You should have done that first. Not sure why you would comment on i-club about a situation at SC Service department instead of first waiting to speak to Ryan?
Really? What difference would it make if he emails me back "Oh sorry, wish we could take back everything." The kid that was eager to buy the car changed his mind already based off what they said and I've already had an unpleasant experience there again. Theres no way they can rectify there actions so thats why Im sharing this with the masses.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:22 PM

Car Info: 2012 PBP Subaru WRX
Went there in search of my gr hatch and the sales people were so rude and arrogant. They didn't deserve my money
Old 07-24-2012, 12:26 PM

Car Info: hopes and dreams
I was unsatisfied with Stevens creek service. Brought my car in for the gas line recall. They told me that if any hoses were to break that it wouldn't be covered since my was so old i said that was fine. When i got my car back it ran funny but i didnt really think anything off it. I drove roughly 8 miles or so away to grab some food and i came back to my car and my car would not start at all. I towed it back to stevens creek and told them my car had stopped running and they diagnosed the problem for me. They said a rat of something chewed up my coilpack harness and they charged me $120 to solder in a a new clip. When i got the old part back it looked like they just yanked the wire and snapped the cable. The only thing i go to stevens creek now for is their parts department if i need something when im in that area. I got my car back and kept smelling coolant im assuming they took my hoses off to diagnose the problem but they did not tighten all the coolant hoses all the way and i was leaking coolant. Also when they pulled my car into the bay they hit something under my car with the lift and didnt even bother to look at if they damaged something. I had some work done at my friends shop, My friends put my car on the lift and I noticed my subframe had a dent in it.

Last edited by aznpride65o; 07-24-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:31 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
Originally Posted by iammedan
Went there in search of my gr hatch and the sales people were so rude and arrogant. They didn't deserve my money
same thing happened with me. the guy was very rude to me pretty much threatening me that if i dont take the deal right now they wont give it to me a day later. Constantly questioned my abilty to buy the car(im relatively young). The sales manager was a lot nicer and more helpful but that sales person sealed the deal for me. I went over to capitol a week later and bought my car for a better price.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:11 PM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
Just saw this thread, but a few months back when I was looking for a used car, one of the ladies that was outside kept pushing me to buy a car, as if i had no other option. She was very rude to the point where i just left. Trying to persuade me to buy today like i have no other day, and must buy the WRX, and not a N/A.

All i wanted to do was look at the imprezas and see the packages+pricing to get a general idea of what the costs may be.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by LOL VTEC
Anyone go to Livermore? Those guys are pretty cool, they just don't have much of a WRX/STi selection.
i've always taken my cars there with no problem....
but then last week i went in to have a seatbelt replaced (new one was ordered ahead of time). i already had my rear seats completely removed, so i was told it should be pretty quickly done. it's only two bolts.

i had already washed my car too, and put a sign on my steering wheel telling them not to do a complimentary wash.
well........ over an hour goes by before my car was done, something that literally takes a minute to do. fine, whatever

@phoshizzle
so i take my car to mikes place to get the brakes re-bled......and wow.....the lug nuts on my wheels were BEYOND overtightened. for some stupid reason, getting my seatbelt replaced, they decided to overtighten the **** out of my wheel lugs.
i told the service guy i didn't want anything extra done to my car, just the quick seat belt replacement...... and i come home to super overtighted lug nuts almost to the point of being stripped

wtf livermore subaru.......

Last edited by Rescuer; 07-24-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by IHeartE30s
Really? What difference would it make if he emails me back "Oh sorry, wish we could take back everything." The kid that was eager to buy the car changed his mind already based off what they said and I've already had an unpleasant experience there again. Theres no way they can rectify there actions so thats why Im sharing this with the masses.
Really. You would be suprised what the boss of a department can do to make things right, now and in the future.

I guess I would just show a guy we all know and like (ok, maybe like is going too far ) a bit of respect and let him know what's happening in his department so he can ge to the bottom of it before I put him on blast online
Old 07-24-2012, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by glenspen
Really. You would be suprised what the boss of a department can do to make things right, now and in the future.

I guess I would just show a guy we all know and like (ok, maybe like is going too far ) a bit of respect and let him know what's happening in his department so he can ge to the bottom of it before I put him on blast online
If you read the very first post of this Thread, thats what the objective is. I work in the automotive field and we'd be lucky if someone came to us first before blasting us on Yelp or any car forum. If this was a first time offense for this dealer, sure a simple email would do, but seeing as how this is an on going theme it seems nothing people say is being taken into consideration.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:49 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Unit 91, do you require assistance?

Old 07-24-2012, 02:52 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Maybe they'd be willing to come support BAM this year and have a couple people out there to talk to folks about how they've been working hard to improve things.... and bring out a BRZ for folks to drool on.

Bueller?
Old 07-24-2012, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Max Xevious
Unit 91, do you require assistance?
Im going to pistol whip the next person who says shenanigans!!
Hey S.C. Subaru whats the restaurant you really like with all the corny **** on the walls?
Old 07-24-2012, 03:28 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Maybe they'd be willing to come support BAM this year and have a couple people out there to talk to folks about how they've been working hard to improve things.... and bring out a BRZ for folks to drool on.

Bueller?
They did that a couple years ago, 2008 if I recall correctly, people kept on trashing them for no reason. Also, since Ryan has been hired there, the parts/service dept. has been run a lot better. I would give the manager the chance to make things right before putting them on blast. People and companies make mistakes all the time, it's how they treat the situation that matters.

Additionally, SC Subaru didn't charge the OP twice, that is a bank error, I would call your bank first and let them know about it, 999/1000 times it is a processing error at your bank and not the merchant.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:51 PM

Car Info: 2011 STi Sedan Plasma Blue
Originally Posted by jewpac42
Additionally, SC Subaru didn't charge the OP twice, that is a bank error, I would call your bank first and let them know about it, 999/1000 times it is a processing error at your bank and not the merchant.
I would have to disagree with you on that one, I have more billing errors from merchant then my Credit Card bank does. I get about 20 billing errors a year and none was done by the bank of my credit card. But calling my bank helps get problems resolved quickly.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:22 PM

Yeah I think it was the dealer/cashier, she had to swipe the card a few times to make it work. Like I said thats not really why Im mad, that kind of stuff happens all the time and isnt really anyones fault. The other reasons are why Im mad.

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?