Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 02:23 PM

Car Info: Subaru?
Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
you do realize that has nothing to do with this thread right?

lol
yea, but there was so much talk of sc subaru i felt it was appropriate.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:29 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by WRXakaBooSTi
yea, but there was so much talk of sc subaru i felt it was appropriate.
This is a stevens creek subaru thread.

You are talking about santa cruz subaru.

The fact that both their initials are SC doesnt make them the same dealership.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:52 PM

Car Info: Subaru?
Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
This is a stevens creek subaru thread.

You are talking about santa cruz subaru.

The fact that both their initials are SC doesnt make them the same dealership.
"The management, the salespeople, the parts people, are ALL insulting and rude and time wasters.

I will never darken their door again.

I will never, after this post, think about them again.

Subaru of America should buy this dealership back from the owner and then sell it to someone who cars about pleasing customers and selling and servicing cars.

Santa Cruz Subaru is light years ahead of this horrible dive. Even with a new showroom the same low lifes populate the place.

...and then there are the overpriced parts prices.....and idiot service people.....

Close it down. No more of my money EVER will go their way."

-sdh

"My conspiracy theroy: Stevens Creek will never close because the other dealers (Carlson, Santa Cruz etc.,) need SC. After dealing with the greedy nit-wits at Stevens Creek you get so pissed-off and frustrated that even average service from any other dealership seems like first-class treatment. It's a set-up, their all in cahoots."

-El Supremo

some people are talking about santa cruz subaru and then i make a comment about santa cruz subaru. is there something i did wrong?
Old 01-21-2006, 05:38 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by WRXakaBooSTi

some people are talking about santa cruz subaru and then i make a comment about santa cruz subaru. is there something i did wrong?
The comments they are making about Santa Cruz Subaru refer to how much better of a place it is then Stevens Creek.

Your mercedes comment has nothing to do with Stevens Creek Subaru, it strictly refers to Santa Cruz Subaru and Santa Cruz Subaru only.

But w/e... lol
Old 01-22-2006, 06:54 PM

Car Info: sc300
[QUOTE=thefreak]
To answer a question that was presented to me by an earlier poster our current satisfaction ratings are @ a 93% satisfaction rating by service and 89% by sales. This is much better than we were but still way off of our 100% goal.
[QUOTE]

maybe that is because of the techs like the one that told me if i put 100% on everything on the survey he will give me a free detail.

the only positive thing comming out of ur dealership is my career. without a real dealership closeby ive had to learn a lot about cars. in the process fell in love with them. (yes i like to spoon my cars).

i thank your dealership for showing me how much i like cars. need to do something about the salespeople that look over and chuckle every time i go in to buy parts tho.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:55 PM

Car Info: 180sx super drift machine!
Just as some sort of reference, if my GSM even thought that we were doing any one of the aformentioned things in this thread, we'd be fired on the spot. Say what you will about the cars, but we treat our customers like kings and queens.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:10 PM

Car Info: 2003 wrx impreza
Sorry for jumping in so late, but I couldn't help to laugh, OMG, the service manager John gave me the exactly same excuse this morning, the alignment machine is down, the new one would be up in March, bunch of lies, man....I don't even know what to say about their service dept any more, you guys have said it all, they're bunch of liars who can't fix a damn thing but suck your money out ! someone needs to shut them down!!!!!

[QUOTE=DeadSTick]I just picked up my car from service today. This is the work that we agreed would be done:

Put on new tires
Before alignment measurement and printout
After alignment measurement and printout

"Sorry about that, our alignment machine is broken and we don't trust it. I'm trying to get a new machine within the next month. I told the guys that and they should have told you." They didn't."

Last edited by silver_wrx; 02-08-2006 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:25 PM

Car Info: Nothing
Originally Posted by subysalesguy
It is real easy to write hateful messages online, but that won't solve your problem.
My problem has been solved actually. I went to Carlsen and got a 06 Sti from this old guy named Allen. He's pretty nice, although he wouldn't give me the red ribbon that was on the car. I asked like six times hahaha.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:24 AM

I actually purchased my TR from Stevens Creek. I wish I had known about their reputation. When I initially pulled up to where their front entrance is, searching for a parking space, with the solid intention of buying a TR, a guy came out the door and his first words to me was:

"What do you need?"

Not "how are you," not "hello," and not "how can I help?" Just "What do you need?" The tone of voice implied burdence.

He was a bigger, stalky guy with short black hair, trying to look like a body builder but only manages to look like a guido. I couldn't help but to conclude that this guy had an attitude and had some other guy help me.

My sales person was a younger guy with blond, stylish hair (forget his name). He was laid back and cool, but was also green at sales, so in the end another, an older gentleman took over the deal. He was helpful, but gave me the run-around with prices and options.

You have to watch their sales methods, which often makes it an unpleasant experience.

I got the TR in the end, and must say the experience wasn't horrible, but the very first impression I got from the guido has left a rotten impression that determins my return business -- I won't go back.

Oh, and their clerical efforts are miserable. They haven't sent me a feedback form; they didn't pay off the lien for my trade-in until I pushed them to, which had I not been diligent might have harmed my credits.

At this point, I have to caution against doing business with this dealership.

-
Old 02-12-2006, 10:39 AM

Car Info: wrx
go somewhere else!
Old 04-05-2006, 03:03 PM

Car Info: Subaru
Very simple - DO NOT BUY ANY VEHICLES AT STEVENS CREEK SUBARU!!
Old 04-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: a few WRX's and a Z ;)
Originally Posted by GodFather4u
Very simple - DO NOT BUY ANY VEHICLES AT STEVENS CREEK SUBARU!!
i hear people say this all the time... but i always... ALWAYS see a bunch of subaru cars that have been bought from steven's creek.... hhmm... i wonder if they are hiring for a sales guy... i can sell some subarus on the side!
Old 04-06-2006, 10:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
I know 2 people who have bought WRXs from SCS. I was aghast and asked each of them why (two people, different places, don't talk to each other) and they both told me they got their cars through the internet sales dept. They both told me they negotiated and purchased their cars online and via phone, and simply came to the dealership to pick them up.

My own personal experiences there have been 2 very bad ones. Both times the salesmen essentially got me off the lot by being complete *****. The second time I basically just went by to see if they still sucked. Also, when I moved back to the Bay, I stopped by once because I was in the neighborhood and it was New Years day, so I thought they would be closed. I was looking at an '06, and I saw someone come out the door toward me. I just turned and walked back to my car and left.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:43 PM

Car Info: MY06 Aspen Wagon
Hey you guys should go Ron Price in South San Francisco, I got the better deal from Ron Price off my 06 rex wagon which is about 1500 cheaper than the quote I got from Steven Creek Subaru. The sales persons are very friendly there. espeically the guy named Raymond
Old 05-04-2006, 04:34 PM

Car Info: 94 rx7
I might have to check out ron price now that i work up in south san fransico

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?