Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by mcowger
My experience? I went to your dealership with my girlfriend, ready to putcahse a BRAND NEW WRX THAT NIGHT. This was late Dec., 2004.

Your salesman ignored the existence my girlfriend, as though she didn't exist. I walked because of that. She asked questions, and was ignored.

Want a VERY SPECIFIC piece of advice? Tell each and everyone of your salesmen that EVERY PERSON that walks into your showroom is to be respected. Ignoring my girlfriend because its obviously me paying for the car lost you 22K+. I happily bought elsewhere.
I'm sorry I thought I responded to this. I must have forgotten. What happened to you actually believe it or not was discussed in a class I gave my sales people last month. Unfortunately salesmen/women see things through blinders (much like a horse does) until you teach them to take them off. You did the right thing in leaving. I know if I went somewhere and they totally ignored me and only talked to my girlfriend I would be pissed off too. Wait, that’s what always happens to me . I will be showing your post as well as most of the others to my entire staff here so they know what we are up against. I didn't create this mess but nevertheless it’s my task to clean it up, and I do so willingly.

I know this doesn't make up for what happened but if you would like I would gladly wash your vehicle for you two.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Stock Y-gon
Brian, it's one thing to discuss what's on our mind and something totally different to actually create a tangible document that is applicable and enforcable. We don't want to just sit down and bicker about the past. We want to be assure that we can make a difference before we would even consider going through such a strenuous endeavor.
What would you suggest? I'm open to all suggestions.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:12 PM

Car Info: 2000 Subaru Impreza RSTi
Originally Posted by thefreak
Hey Bay Area! I've never really introduced myself...My name is Brian Bakhtiari and I am one of the managers here at Stevens Creek Subaru. I was just wondering if you have had any bad experiences with us in the past, what they were and what (if anything) was done on our part to resolve the issue. Whether it be here or in person, I would like to talk to you guys/gals and see what we can do to resolve any issues you have had with us in the past.

ur salesman told me to go away and buy from somewhere else. VERY good customer service
Old 08-29-2005, 11:39 PM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
What would you suggest? I'm open to all suggestions.
If you actually read through the middle part of this thread, there were some good suggestions.

Tim
Old 08-30-2005, 02:49 AM

Car Info: Black '02 2.5RS
Brian, All I can tell you is that Stevens Creek Subaru employees don't listen to a word their customers say. My experience was not nearly as bad as some, but I still have some ill feelings.......
After two long years of searching for my perfect 2.5RS I finally found it, way under blue book value, and like any consumer I asked myself "hey, why so cheap?" So I had the sellers take it at my request to Stevens Creek for a basic inspection, but I also asked the man on the phone to check a few extra things out for me (his name was Marcus, he was a real big ***, he did not listen to a word I said, and ignored me when I asked him "are you sure your gonna get all this?") . Needless to say these extra things were never checked (or even written down by Marcus!) and I had to pay Prestige to check them out. I would love a heart felt apology from Marcus the *** he made me feel like an idiot. And just for time reference Brain, I dealt with them on 8/22/05, that's right last week.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:19 AM

Car Info: 94 rx7
I have only had two experinces at stevens creek subaru.

First one was when my mom was in search of a new car, and I had convinced her to look at subarus, no one came up to us for a good 15 minutes, and then he refused to talk to me, and instead of talking about the car, only talked about how she planed on paying for it. she ended up getting a volvo.

I went this past sunday to look at wrx wagons. took about 10 min to get a sales person to me, but it was busy, so ill give you the benifit of the doubt. This guy was a little better than our previous guy, he did say how it was a rally car and such, but I knew most of the car already. He also starts asking me how I am going to pay for it, I say i have a good idea of how I am going to, but I am still researching cars, not ready to buy one yet. But i decided to see how much it would end up costing just for personal refrence. He goes out and checks the blue wagon i like, and says the asking price is 27k, ha! I say thats more than a new 06 wrx. He says yeah, but this one just came off the truck, which makes no sense to me, since you have 06s on the lot, I would think the 05s would stop. He goes on to say, well it costs so much because they stoped this body style 6 months ago, by this time I am ready to walk out, he then has some other guy come over and ask what it would take to get me in a car today, I say I am not ready to buy a car yet, he says oh it will end up costing more the longer you wait, trying to scare me into it, by then I said no thanks got back in my car and left.

So I think I will again in a month or so when I am ready, if I will go back, or drive to santa cruz or redwood city.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:35 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by blkbetty02
Brian, All I can tell you is that Stevens Creek Subaru employees don't listen to a word their customers say. My experience was not nearly as bad as some, but I still have some ill feelings.......
After two long years of searching for my perfect 2.5RS I finally found it, way under blue book value, and like any consumer I asked myself "hey, why so cheap?" So I had the sellers take it at my request to Stevens Creek for a basic inspection, but I also asked the man on the phone to check a few extra things out for me (his name was Marcus, he was a real big ***, he did not listen to a word I said, and ignored me when I asked him "are you sure your gonna get all this?") . Needless to say these extra things were never checked (or even written down by Marcus!) and I had to pay Prestige to check them out. I would love a heart felt apology from Marcus the *** he made me feel like an idiot. And just for time reference Brain, I dealt with them on 8/22/05, that's right last week.
i thought you vouched for all the recent staff Brian?
Old 08-30-2005, 10:01 AM

Car Info: sold 2012 wrx sedan (sold 02 WRX wagon)
I bought my WRX at Stevens Creek in May 2002. I was pressured into the buying the extended warranty by the finance guy. I canceled the warranty within two days. 3 months later I still had not received the refund so I called and asked why it was taking so long. The girl I talked was quite rude on the phone and told me it would be done that day, several weeks later, still no refund. It took getting the salesman (a nice kid named Al, who quit because of all the hastles people were having) involved before I got the refund.

It should only take a few days for this sort of refund (I had canceled an extended warranty on a Honda and it only took a day for the refund). Since the car was financed the lender got the refund, but I had to pay the interest on the cost of the warranty until the money was refunded.

Very poor customer service!

My family owns two Subaru’s and we have never gone back to Stevens Creek Subaru for anything, parts or service.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by calvinahhh88
i called in for a service and when i got there after like 30 mins drive they say sorry we wont be able to fix your car and im like i jus ttalk to your service guy im like its this person there like oh yea okay we can get it done in 1 hr please sit in the looby im like wtf hella f***ed up i live near oakland drove all the way there. also when you come close to buying a car 4 salesman will come and talk out the money... and they touch you when you walk out not buying there car
like youre a total n00b like yeah like. like what
Old 08-30-2005, 10:25 AM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Obviously there are two sides to every disagreement
youre a tool for even suggesting this. be a man, youre the business owner, accept the incident as being your fault. its not like the buyer walked in off the streets to slam your door. your employee was the cause of this all. why should any situation be that heated? it was because of the poor business practice that caused the customer to leave. where was the customer at fault here? this is what led to the heated situation, which you guys could have easily avoided.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:08 PM

Car Info: 05 LegacyGT,06 Black STI Will be home Soon
4 pages already.. This dealership needs to give out subaru bucks or something to all the people they have pissed off on this board... Then your coming here and telling us that everything is different now, that the last few months alot of changes have been made.. Well how can that be when I've read a few posts on there that are recent.?
Old 08-30-2005, 04:44 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI WRB
To keep the story short, I'm glad that you SCS did not want to deliver the WRX to me. After signing the contract for a yellow WRX, you bi*ches call me up the next day saying that you wanted another 5K for it, but there was another blue one available at the price that i agreed for the yellow one.
Actually that call was the best thing that could have happened, otherwise I would have been stuck with the devil.

Now, I tell everyone I know not to deal with ya stupid *** dealership.
I know how you guys operate..
Old 08-30-2005, 06:49 PM

Car Info: 06 Evolution IX MR Graphite Gray
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on for the past few days, I've been sick (still am) with some weird virus. I have read this post and know about this incident. Lets just say both parties were at fault.

In the end we were the biggest losers of this whole ordeal, because one we lost a sale. Two, we now have to deal with the embarrasment of this ordeal here online. Lastly the "little slam" resulted in a broken door that has yet to be fixed...(it wasn't a little slam).

Obviously there are two sides to every disagreement, but in the end we were way out of line for getting upset at your friends. Period. No matter how rude Jake was, or how badly the door was damaged.
I can't tell you how many different colors and flavors of 'wrong' this is. I am positively aghast that you, Brian, can even consider absolving your salesman of ANY modicum of guilt for this incident. I wouldn't care if the customer took a dump on the showroom floor - that is NO excuse for his behavior. He's just DAMNED lucky the rest of the sales force was there to prevent the altercation from getting worse. Otherwise, you'd be up to your neck in lawsuits, and rightfully so.

Is this salesman still employed by your dealership? If so, then please stop saying things have changed at SCS, because they obviously have not. Unless you're a police officer or in the military (or other violence-oriented profession), physical violence NEVER enters into the business equation. Your salesman instigated this conflict, and yet you want to put blame on the customer for reacting negatively or with a suitably violent response?

There are ways to deal with problematic customers - ways that don't involve violence. Withholding the keys to someone's vehicle when they have CLEARLY communicated their desire to cancel the deal and leave is ASKING for trouble. So in my opinion, everything that transpired after that event is 100% completely and totally the fault of your employee, including the broken door.

Personally, I'd have called the San Jose Police Department and reported my vehicle stolen by the salesman at Steven's Creek Subaru. And yes, I'd have waited for the cops to show up, regardless of whether he gave the keys back or not. I'd have pushed that issue as far as it would go.

Good luck with the propaganda campaign here. You've lost my support.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:22 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Steven's Creen Subaru got SONNED like Fat Joe at the VMA's!
Old 08-30-2005, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bismarck
I can't tell you how many different colors and flavors of 'wrong' this is. I am positively aghast that you, Brian, can even consider absolving your salesman of ANY modicum of guilt for this incident. I wouldn't care if the customer took a dump on the showroom floor - that is NO excuse for his behavior. He's just DAMNED lucky the rest of the sales force was there to prevent the altercation from getting worse. Otherwise, you'd be up to your neck in lawsuits, and rightfully so.

Is this salesman still employed by your dealership? If so, then please stop saying things have changed at SCS, because they obviously have not. Unless you're a police officer or in the military (or other violence-oriented profession), physical violence NEVER enters into the business equation. Your salesman instigated this conflict, and yet you want to put blame on the customer for reacting negatively or with a suitably violent response?

There are ways to deal with problematic customers - ways that don't involve violence. Withholding the keys to someone's vehicle when they have CLEARLY communicated their desire to cancel the deal and leave is ASKING for trouble. So in my opinion, everything that transpired after that event is 100% completely and totally the fault of your employee, including the broken door.

Personally, I'd have called the San Jose Police Department and reported my vehicle stolen by the salesman at Steven's Creek Subaru. And yes, I'd have waited for the cops to show up, regardless of whether he gave the keys back or not. I'd have pushed that issue as far as it would go.

Good luck with the propaganda campaign here. You've lost my support.

+1 for this.

As I posted earlier, I bought from you all against my better judgement and while nothing was drastically wrong, its only because I carefully read everything and didnt sign a damn thing your slimey finance manager gave me without reading it carefully. I DID deal with you personally when I bought my car, Brian and you seemed to be a decent guy. Your handaling of this thread, specifically that post has caused me to change that mind. You and your family are damned lucky that a broken door is all that happend, as you COULD have been sued, and SHOULD have had a salesman arrested.
You talk about changing things?
Then fire that ******* before even worse things come of it all. Untill then you and the dealership are still all the talk and bull**** that I and everyone else belive you to be. Hell, that wouldnt fix it entirely, but at least it would show some ***** on your part.

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?