Someone tried to break into my house today!!! (While I was HOME!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 06:46 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by DeZtRuKZioN
I was also wondering, what if you shoot/kill someone while they are breaking into your house? IF they misinterpret the situation and say you used excessive force, could you possibly serve prison time for injuring the thief? killing him?
Glad you didn't get hurt.
I think it depends on you, your history and the situation.

One of my professors brother is in jail doing 20-life. He heard that someone was going to come after him to kill him so he went to the local kmart/walmart and bought a shotty. Sat and waited for them. When they busted in the door he literally took the guys head off. The photos where grim enough and his history was troublesome enough that they gave him second degree instead of the defending himself manslaughter most others would have gotten. On his last parol meeting he was told he'd probably never see freedom again.

Is it really worth the risk?????

me personally. I'd rather not shoot. if I have to I'd like to think I will. But I'd also probably center punch the dude.

another reason why I'm leaning pistol not shotty.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by En3D
if you shoot, shoot to kill. a dead person can't sue, press charges or lie and f you in court.
Just make sure you kill them first shot, because the CSI forensic guys will be able to tell if you've just injured them with the first shot and then finished them off execution style while they lay there writhing in agony.

It's legal to kill them if you believed that your life was in danger...so at least make sure the corpse has a knife in its hand when the police arrive
Old 10-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
1 shot to the head and the story is over. Perfect shot with good ammo = Not too gruesome.

I wouldn't ever shoot anyone unless I honestly felt like my life was in direct danger.

A lot of thoughts went through my head as I ran upstairs to grab my pistol... Immediatly I chambered a round and toggled the laser... I was thinking "what if I have to shoot this guy? What if he has a knife or a gun? I have to kill him before he kills me... What if he isn't armed? If thats the case, I'll intimidate the hell out of him, make him get on the ground and lay there until the cops show up, etc".

By taking someone's life you're not only risking serious prison time, but you have to deal with the fact that you've taken someones life. I mean, if their intent was to harm or kill you, then no big deal, they deserved it... But what if you killed someone that was just trying to take your TV or something? Could you really live with that?

But yeah, I got lucky, and so did the guy trying to break in.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:42 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
nm....
Old 10-10-2006, 07:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by brucelee

By taking someone's life you're not only risking serious prison time, but you have to deal with the fact that you've taken someones life. I mean, if their intent was to harm or kill you, then no big deal, they deserved it... But what if you killed someone that was just trying to take your TV or something? Could you really live with that?
Let me ask you this Daniel, how many times have you broken into a person's house and burglarized them??? How many times have you mugged someone at knifepoint??? How many times have you committed sexual crimes against women???

Never.

Some people contribute to society, some people are dragging it down.

These people aren't doing it for the first time, the lucky b@stard that you didn't have to cap wasn't on his first burglary, he makes a living out of ruining people's lives...day in day out he preys upon members of society, same with the muggers, same with the rapists...they spend their lives terrorizing good, honest people like you, me and our families...ruining lives and not caring about the consequences until eventually they are caught enough times and then us good, honest people have to pay millions of dollars to keep them in a prison.

You would have done the world a favour if he had of broken down that door with a knife in his hand...
Old 10-10-2006, 07:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
"what if I have to shoot this guy? What if he has a knife or a gun? I have to kill him before he kills me... What if he isn't armed? If thats the case, I'll intimidate the hell out of him, make him get on the ground and lay there until the cops show up, etc".

By taking someone's life you're not only risking serious prison time, but you have to deal with the fact that you've taken someones life. I mean, if their intent was to harm or kill you, then no big deal, they deserved it...
those are my exact thoughts... i mean, i'd probably take a out a knee or something, maybe his *****, make sure he never has offspring... if anything
Old 10-10-2006, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
But what if you killed someone that was just trying to take your TV or something? Could you really live with that?

Yup, I bought that TV. If he wants a TV he can walk his happy a** to the store and buy one or he can take his chances and feel the pain of a bullet for his troubles. I work hard so I can have nice things, nobody has the right to take those things away from me.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:05 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Remington 870 loaded with 00 buckshot FTW in that situation.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Damn....glad it turned out to be of little hassel, and that you are ok.

Dude definately picked the wrong house.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
you should hang a sign above your door that says "dude....this is brucelee's house. what are you thinking?"
Old 10-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Lurk
Remington 870 loaded with 00 buckshot FTW in that situation.

Buckshot is a bad idea... Not only does it over penetrate (30cal projectiles) but it WILL go through your walls as well as your neighbors walls, etc.

If you use a shotty, it's best to use birdshot... If they don't die there on the spot (which they probably will), they'll die on the operating table as 200 soft lead projectiles infect his/her organs.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:59 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
-15 for no bustification of any caps. Christ, he might as well have tried to break into the polar bear exhibit to steal the bears teeth.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Originally Posted by MBasile
you should hang a sign above your door that says "dude....this is brucelee's house. what are you thinking?"

Lol.....

Or

"Here lives the only man that Chuck Norris fears!"

(Maybe a slight stretch of the truth.....but how do we really know Chuck ain't skerd?)
Old 10-10-2006, 09:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by RedStage
Lol.....

Or

"Here lives the only man that Chuck Norris fears!"

(Maybe a slight stretch of the truth.....but how do we really know Chuck ain't skerd?)
you cant prove it, but you cant deny it either, and if you cant deny it, might as well say it
Old 10-10-2006, 09:39 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Crazy man

A buddy of mine took down a dude in his garage. Luckily the guy submitted and the cops came and got him. Otherwise he would have had a bullet in his chest cavity (probably two in the chest and one in the head as training dictates for a failure shot).

For all those wondering: You can only shoot to stop. You can only do that when you feel that your life is about to be snuffed by a bad guy. What does that mean? Did you do eveything including retreat (remove yourself from the situation) before you used deadly force? Did the perp have the ability, means, and intent to kill you?

Quick Reply: Someone tried to break into my house today!!! (While I was HOME!)