so uhh.....gas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 11:08 AM

Car Info: '04 ed tuned vf39 jbp wagon
"uncertainty" in the areas where oil is made and oil providers lowering production/keeping production lower to keep prices up
Old 06-04-2008, 11:08 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
In short, because people keep buying it.

It's nice to see public transportation getting more packed and seeing more bikes on the road than ever. I am hoping these prices are what finally needed to happen to force people to change the system. After filling up my car crossed the $60 mark, I got another bike and realized how much more fun and convenient it is to use the bike. Even if prices went down to where they were when I moved back from the UK (premium was $1.35 at the time) I would still commute on the bike for other reasons. I am really hoping this pattern happens to a lot of people, and people see that they do not all need to drive a car to/from work every day solo.
I'm thinking bout getting my license and buying something like this...
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/706249987.html

or a harley/triumph rigid bobber. But it depends on if we move closer or not. Don't want to ride 129 on a daily basis. Been too long since I've been on a bike.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
because they can get away with it. and no one is doing anything to stop it.

I think people should put pressure on the presidential race to do something about it. No excuse. Bullcrap.
That's a better way to put it for sure. I would have to include everyone that has not changed their fuel usage to the list of the people that are not doing anything to stop it...

I just paid $72 to fill up my R32 last night. This was getting an average of 24mpg. I cannot fathom how, even if they CAN afford it, people continue to drive further than me with cars that are less efficient. The pump I pulled up to had something like $128 as the car before me... Fookin hell!!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:10 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Capitalistism Rocks!!! :RockOn - not mine:
Old 06-04-2008, 11:16 AM
General Pimpin'

That's a better way to put it for sure. I would have to include everyone that has not changed their fuel usage to the list of the people that are not doing anything to stop it...

I just paid $72 to fill up my R32 last night. This was getting an average of 24mpg. I cannot fathom how, even if they CAN afford it, people continue to drive further than me with cars that are less efficient. The pump I pulled up to had something like $128 as the car before me... Fookin hell!!
Should try filling up my folks RV. OVER $500 for one tank.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:21 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I'm thinking bout getting my license and buying something like this...
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/706249987.html

or a harley/triumph rigid bobber. But it depends on if we move closer or not. Don't want to ride 129 on a daily basis. Been too long since I've been on a bike.
That's pretty sweet - rat style bikes are my all-time fav. I spent some more time on my Pop's Harley when I was back in HI a couple weeks ago. It was awesome as usual in Hawaii, but not what I would want in the Bay. I really like the new "Nightster" sporty (XL1200N) but it's too new/expensive for me. Another fav though is a basic FXDX. So sweet, and I love the big motors.

What I would get if I were getting a bike today is one of my top favs, a black Triumph Speed Triple like this one: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/698546379.html

If you are getting a commuter I would seriously recommend against a hardtail. For a weekend cruiser that is one thing, but daily - it would suck. Like, I can drive a race car to/from work but.. It's not fun after the 3rd day. I hit some bumps that nearly bounce me off the seat on my commute some times. I know where most of them are, but still.. They catch me every once in a while.

Gotta say, I picked up this CB750 to see if I wanted to commute on a bike again and learn to ride again without scratching a nicer bike. I haven't laid it over and have not even had a scary experience on it outside of dodging freaks on the road and after riding 4 other bikes now in the last few months, I really friggin like this one....

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
I'm a geek. I got a scooter. Cool people laugh. But I get 80+ mpg. I can't smile too much though or I'll swallow a bug.

Car Info: 2005 WRB WRX
TIME FOR THESE!! HAHA

Name:  moped.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  17.0 KB
Old 06-04-2008, 11:22 AM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
wow thats more than 2 months of gas for me
Im just lucky i dont drive more than 4 miles to work
my GF lives like 3 miles away and I dont go far
i am very close to the point where I am just going to sell my DSM and buying a civic or corolla for commuting
the 76 station at almaden if like 6.09 for 100 octane, might as well get tuned for that since 91 **** gas is already 4.59 there

Car Info: 2012 Honda Civic Si

72 for the R? Man, I was complaining about 54 in my GLi Helios...I wish that it was much more convenient to bike from where I live, but my folks live on a gigantic hill.
VIP Member

Car Info: .
87 octane for me

I always fill up at the safeway gas in the middle of dublin, and normally I save 10cents when my friends family shops that day.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
I commute from Tracy to San Jose with my mom in their Escape. I figure it's about $500 a month in gas. Every 2 days we have to fill up cause the Escape only get's about 23-24 mpg. I'm trying to convince them to buy a civic. It doesn't even need to be a hybrid one. That alone would save $250 a month in gas, roughly. So $3000 a year in savings. I think they are finally starting to consider it.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:28 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Racenut
I'm a geek. I got a scooter. Cool people laugh. But I get 80+ mpg. I can't smile too much though or I'll swallow a bug.
Cool people... Seem to be kind of dumb.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:36 AM
General Pimpin'

That's pretty sweet - rat style bikes are my all-time fav. I spent some more time on my Pop's Harley when I was back in HI a couple weeks ago. It was awesome as usual in Hawaii, but not what I would want in the Bay. I really like the new "Nightster" sporty (XL1200N) but it's too new/expensive for me. Another fav though is a basic FXDX. So sweet, and I love the big motors.

What I would get if I were getting a bike today is one of my top favs, a black Triumph Speed Triple like this one: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/698546379.html

If you are getting a commuter I would seriously recommend against a hardtail. For a weekend cruiser that is one thing, but daily - it would suck. Like, I can drive a race car to/from work but.. It's not fun after the 3rd day. I hit some bumps that nearly bounce me off the seat on my commute some times. I know where most of them are, but still.. They catch me every once in a while.

Gotta say, I picked up this CB750 to see if I wanted to commute on a bike again and learn to ride again without scratching a nicer bike. I haven't laid it over and have not even had a scary experience on it outside of dodging freaks on the road and after riding 4 other bikes now in the last few months, I really friggin like this one....

That's why I'm gonna wait til' we move closer. I just found 2 houses today.
If we're only a few miles away I don't mind. Shoot my buddy commutes to work on a rigid. knuckle frame shovel motor. Jockey shift. foot clutch. mechanical rear drum. no front brake. Thing is NUTS. His commute is all side roads and it's about 5 minutes... that's what I'm trying to set up. If I can do that I'll be selling my wrx. Paying off my wife's car and buying a bike. Then selling her car and putting a down payment on a new or sub 15k mileage subaru. 2007 wagon. legacy gt. or an 08 forester xt. She can drive that. I'll ride the bike. When it rains I'll drive my caddy... when its running again or buy a beater 4x4 truck.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:36 AM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
Originally Posted by LazyKidd209
TIME FOR THESE!! HAHA
Or these

Quick Reply: so uhh.....gas?