So, instead of the mini... how about a Vishnu tuned Forester XT?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 01:01 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Yeah, I was pretty pissed... especially when they tried telling me that I had to provide reciepts for all my oil changes (which was throughout a 5 year period and over 31 oil changes!!!).

I called the family lawyer and informed him of what happened, and he is prepared to do whatever is necessary. Im not one to sue someone, but this is seriously ridiculous. I'm hoping they cover it because it was not at all my fault... but if they don't, I'll be going to court.

I just wanna get my car back, sell it... Put 20k down on either an STi or a Forester and be done with it.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:03 PM

Actually, you know what? If Subaru screws me here... I'm never going to buy another Subaru ever again... and I will do everything in my power to talk any potential buyers out of getting one. I, alone have sold so many Subies (Got people into them, etc)... And to be repaid like this is like a punch in the face.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:07 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX Limited
Originally Posted by brucelee
Actually, you know what? If Subaru screws me here... I'm never going to buy another Subaru ever again... and I will do everything in my power to talk any potential buyers out of getting one. I, alone have sold so many Subies (Got people into them, etc)... And to be repaid like this is like a punch in the face.
start a new trend...

mini vans!
Old 02-18-2005, 01:08 PM

lol... Mini van with an STi engine in it pumping out like 400hp. lol...
Old 02-18-2005, 01:26 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
you want to take over the payments on a 4runner?
Old 02-18-2005, 01:27 PM

Maybe we could use your engine and my tranny? Since Im missing a motor and you're missing a tranny. lol
Old 02-18-2005, 02:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
Oh why don't you just buy the Civic you've always wanted and be done with it?
Old 02-18-2005, 02:45 PM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
Feh. If your going all the way to Civic, why not go the extra 10% and go for the Prius or something .
Old 02-18-2005, 02:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
I hear ya man. It's so stupid how they ignore the power of word-of-mouth advertising just to save a few bucks. I felt the same way after watching Carlsen's BS in action. That pissed me off so much, to have someone lie to my face about lying to Subaru about the health of my car, in front of a service rep. I wouldn't blame you for your feelings at all. I will probably buy another Subaru, and I plan to keep my BRP '01 RS as long as I can because, it's what I want. I sort of compromised by acknowledging that it's the PEOPLE and not the cars. The cars are pretty sweet, but it was an idiot that mesed up your car up your car so a cackswallower could construct a Pettyness Plan to screw you out of your warranty.

It's weird, Toyota is a kickarse company as far as that stuff. I have been trying to revive my '93 Celica all-trac for a while now and I give up, mostly because I just am not that excited about the car anymore. I like my RS better (even though the GT4 is going to be much faster and has better appointments, etc). I guess for me it's all about the cars. I love my Subaru, but I have nothing more than a middle finger standing tall for every person I have ever spoken to at Carlsen Subaru (mostly the people that have been shady like Howard Higashi and whoever technician 157 is), Steven's Creek Subaru, and Subaru Added Security. What a bunch of crap - I have no idea how people like that can sleep at night.

Good luck with your situation, and I wouldn't blame you for anything you say about this no matter how much I like my RS.

-Jacob
Old 02-18-2005, 03:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
what ever you do dont get a legacy gt...
Old 02-18-2005, 03:58 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
what ever you do dont get a legacy gt...

you dont like yours anymore?
Old 02-18-2005, 03:59 PM

So I got an update. They took apart my engine and saw that my oil is fine and clean, just as I said it would be, since I change my oil every damn 3-4k with high quality synthetic oil. So, of course the blame got shifted to something else… a dent in my oil pan, which I may add has been there since the first few months of owning my car, over 4.5 years ago. I said that it was no way due to that… so of course SOA has to be contacted to see who is to blame… Is this total BS or is it just me? They are nitpicking at things just to try to find a reason to shift the blame onto me… I love how they are ignoring the fact that they did MAJOR engine work on my car just a couple months ago which included a new timing belt, head gaskets, and new oil pump… ever since then my car has run like crap… I like how they don’t acknowledge that part…
Old 02-18-2005, 04:20 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Last thing that dealership needs is pissing off a large Croatian man.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
So I got an update. They took apart my engine and saw that my oil is fine and clean, just as I said it would be, since I change my oil every damn 3-4k with high quality synthetic oil. So, of course the blame got shifted to something else… a dent in my oil pan, which I may add has been there since the first few months of owning my car, over 4.5 years ago. I said that it was no way due to that… so of course SOA has to be contacted to see who is to blame… Is this total BS or is it just me? They are nitpicking at things just to try to find a reason to shift the blame onto me… I love how they are ignoring the fact that they did MAJOR engine work on my car just a couple months ago which included a new timing belt, head gaskets, and new oil pump… ever since then my car has run like crap… I like how they don’t acknowledge that part…
You can thank everyone with a bogus blown tranny claim.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
Originally Posted by wrexr
LOL, how many? I am pretty sure you can blame that on owner/operator error.
All the fools out there modding there ish, beating on it, breaking it, going back to stock, and trying to warrantee it. Bastards!!!!!
lol

there were enough of them that a Shivnu employee went down to a certain dealership to complain about them, because the word got around...

Quick Reply: So, instead of the mini... how about a Vishnu tuned Forester XT?