So cannabis is now legal for recreational use in WA and CO...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 06:35 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM FXT
Originally Posted by zumnwrx

just because THC is not toxic does not mean that while high on marijuana it has no ability to make you make a fatal decision to yourself or others
Same thing as alcohol. Time and place. DUI. It's no different.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Actually, I use a topical cream for a back problem that I have... If any of you have seen my back, you know the severity of it. It's just a cream you rub on, doesn't get you high AT ALL but is the best damn anti-inflammatory I've ever used. My back pain literally disappears within a couple mins of using it. I literally just rub it onto the affected area.

It's great for inflammation, which is what I get in my upper-back/shoulder. The pain gets so unbearable that I can't go to work some days... Docs gave me pills, therapy... Not a damn thing worked. Then a friend told me to use some cream that his mom uses for arthritis and bam... My back pain is completely manageable and I take ZERO medicine at all for it. If it gets REALLY bad I combine the cream with ibuprofin but other than a few times a year I don't even take that.

When you use cannabis as a topical like I do, you don't get any psychoactive effects from it at all. The cream is high in a chemical called CBD (Cannabidiol) Cannabidiol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , It's the non-psychoactive anti-inflammatory property of cannabis and it works amazingly well. This should be illegal though?
Old 11-07-2012, 06:36 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
It's not about making money.

UM everything is about money sorry to burst your bubble

it's about loosening pointless restrictions on something that doesn't harm anyone on the same level as alcohol or tobacco,

alcohol impairs as does marijuana HELLO and inhaling marijuana is just as dangerous if not more then tobacco is.

yet we frown upon it like it's some super addictive psychoactive drug.

because it is dear Cannabis (drug) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't really understand where your argument is... You want it to be illegal because it's addictive?

because its HARMFUL and can not be regulated like tobacco and alcohol can/is

Studies have shown that sugar and caffeine are more addictive to humans and can be far more destructive.

and we are currently trying to tax and ban it in workplaces hospitals and schools.

Why all the angst towards cannabis?
again
im guessing your a republican? ... hahaha COME AGAIN

You did not just cite a link to Wikipedia to back up a point

Because it is harmful and cannot be regulated like tobacco and alcohol? How exactly are they regulated again? How many drunken related casualties do we have a year? How many tobacco/nicotine related deaths a year? I don't consider slapping an age limit on something "regulating" it. You can do the same to cannabis. Also, remember cannabis came before alcohol and tobacco were created.

Just because your forefathers and public figures badmouth something they do not fully understand, does not make it true. At certain points in time, we were racists and against individual marital choices, times have changed once people really understand and look into what they are talking about and why they feel that way.

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread from the "against" party. And honestly I believe that is one of, if not, THE major cause of misunderstanding this issue; being misinformed by listening to what the media and major powers have imposed in society. Even Carl Sagan supports responsible recreational cannabis usage.

An excerpt from a Bob Marley interview. "Herb is a plant, it makes a man think; alcohol only makes a man drunk"

Topics like these really let you view peoples mindsets, their influences, and set core morals and values that have shaped them through generations, all though their replies.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by brucelee
Actually, I use a topical cream for a back problem that I have... If any of you have seen my back, you know the severity of it. It's just a cream you rub on, doesn't get you high AT ALL but is the best damn anti-inflammatory I've ever used. My back pain literally disappears within a couple mins of using it. I literally just rub it onto the affected area.

It's great for inflammation, which is what I get in my upper-back/shoulder. The pain gets so unbearable that I can't go to work some days... Docs gave me pills, therapy... Not a damn thing worked. Then a friend told me to use some cream that his mom uses for arthritis and bam... My back pain is completely manageable and I take ZERO medicine at all for it. If it gets REALLY bad I combine the cream with ibuprofin but other than a few times a year I don't even take that.

When you use cannabis as a topical like I do, you don't get any psychoactive effects from it at all. The cream is high in a chemical called CBD (Cannabidiol) Cannabidiol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , It's the non-psychoactive anti-inflammatory property of cannabis and it works amazingly well. This should be illegal though?
well im talking about smoking it as clearly most people in here are... and i do know all about creams lotions and rubs that use marijuana and its uses in this form.

should that form of use be legal ... yes it should, but smoking it? no sorry.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:44 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."

Abraham Lincoln (1809-65), U.S. President.
Speech, 18 Dec. 1840, to Illinois House of Representatives
Old 11-07-2012, 06:45 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
do you know how many people are addicted to smoking marijuana and can not stop? do you know what long terms effects you will encounter going forward in life? BTW im not claiming i do.
Okay stop. Your statements are becoming less and less credible while becoming more and more misinformed and negligent. It is impossible to be addicted to cannabis usage. If anything, it is called a dependency, and that is not with cannabis, that is with one's mentality and will go towards any other substance that will give them the same release they are seeking. That, in its entirety, is a whole another subject.

Since you are asking many questions in that previous statement. Do YOU know how many people are addicted to smoking and cannot stop, and what the long term effects of cannabis are? Please provide us with some credible factual evidence and statistics if there are any you are basing your wild claims off.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:46 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
well im talking about smoking it... and i do know all about creams that use marijuana and its uses in this form.

should that form of use be legal ... yes it should, but smoking it? no sorry.
So you expect them to say "OK, you can buy it legally, BUT YOU CAN ONLY EAT IT OR VAPE IT! OR USE IT AS A CREAM!"

What if someone had an internal pain that couldn't benefit from a topical cream? What if they can't get high off edibles? (For the record, I seriously can't, my body is unable to break down oils, hence my IBS when eating greasy foods)

By your logic, tobacco should be banned because it's smoked, and doesn't provide any kind of benefit to the smoker.

You DO see the failure of your argument right? You are sticking to the one point you have, that smoking is unhealthy, and using it as an excuse to ignore all it's benefits. This is like the kid arguing "BUT IF ALL THE STARS ALIGNED JUST RIGHT ONCE EVERY 3 THOUSAND YEARS! I WOULD BE CORRECT!". You can't dictate the huge issue of Marijuana down to "smoke is bad for you" because it makes you look like a narrow minded simpleton.

Last edited by w0ng3r; 11-07-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:47 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
You did not just cite a link to Wikipedia to back up a point

Because it is harmful and cannot be regulated like tobacco and alcohol? How exactly are they regulated again?
so lets add marijuana because....?
Old 11-07-2012, 06:48 PM

People seriously crack me up when they defend the legality of alcohol and how easily attainable it is for people under the age.

Then they look at marijuana as a mind altering drug that makes you hallucinate.

Just like the Miami incident of the zombie eater. They said, there were traces of THC in the mans blood stream and that's all. Well, bath salts are not traceable. But they play on people's ignorance and people now relate.. Eating faces with marijuana. I promise you, no one will be so high that they try and eat your face off.. Don't worry.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:52 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by w0ng3r
So you expect them to say "OK, you can buy it legally, BUT YOU CAN ONLY EAT IT OR VAPE IT! OR USE IT AS A CREAM!"

slippery slop i never said eat or vape buddy

What if someone had an internal pain that couldn't benefit from a topical cream? What if they can't get high off edibles? (For the record, I seriously can't, my body is unable to break down oils, hence my IBS when eating greasy foods)

then dont reproduce because your genes suck .... KIDDING im sure you will be fine without legal weed.

By your logic, tobacco should be banned because it's smoked, and doesn't provide any kind of benefit to the smoker.

no by my logic tobacco is a huge problem to those that smoke and or live around smoke why act like marijuana is not and add more substances that side effects we dont fully understand

Why don't I see you *****ing about tobacco?
can we hug it out... sober
Old 11-07-2012, 06:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
I think one of the biggest issues that doesn't get talked about much is that there is no reliable method for measuring current intoxication levels on cannabis. This becomes an issue with DUI's. AFAIK the only thing they can currently do is a blood test, but that only reveals if an individual has used in the past 30 days. All they could rely on at that point is a subjective evaluation or a field sobriety test to test for coordination and such. I think this is still one of the biggest barriers to full legalization.

-- Ed
Originally Posted by DSav408
Same thing as alcohol. Time and place. DUI. It's no different.
The two most logical, objective posts in this entire thread.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:59 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by DSav408
People seriously crack me up when they defend the legality of alcohol and how easily attainable it is for people under the age.

and i laugh hysterically when people talk about smoking weed as if its totally harmless

Then they look at marijuana as a mind altering drug that makes you hallucinate.

just because it has a certain side effect on you does not mean it applies to all users

Just like the Miami incident of the zombie eater. They said, there were traces of THC in the mans blood stream and that's all. Well, bath salts are not traceable. But they play on people's ignorance and people now relate.. Eating faces with marijuana. I promise you, no one will be so high that they try and eat your face off.. Don't worry.

oh i worry
man... its getting cloudy in here
Old 11-07-2012, 07:00 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
so lets add marijuana because....?
Marijuana use, possession, and in most instances sales being criminalized are entirely boondoggles for the police and prison industries.

The "land of the free" has a higher percentage of its population imprisoned than any other nation on the planet (don't believe me? look it up).

Way too many of those American citizens are incarcerated because of marijuana related infractions, that reason alone should be enough argument for it being re-scheduled and decriminalized at the federal level... unless you own stock in the prison industry.

Countries like Portugal and the Netherlands experienced drops in other crime rates when cannabis is legalized, and now we have a significant percentage of the states having either medical or outright legalization on the books, it is way past time to move forward on this subject- there are real crimes out there for our federal law enforcement resources to fight- folks growing or using a plant however they want to is not and should not be one of them.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:07 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Since you are asking many questions in that previous statement. Do YOU know how many people are addicted to smoking and cannot stop, and what the long term effects of cannabis are? Please provide us with some credible factual evidence and statistics if there are any you are basing your wild claims off.
nope we dont know the long terms effects on its use and thats my main problem with it. why should we legalize something we fully dont understand?

and please dont tell me you dont know anyone that can not stop smoking weed and is literally smoking himself retarded... if so good for you.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:12 PM

nope we dont know the long terms effects on its use and thats my main problem with it. why should we legalize something we fully dont understand?

and please dont tell me you dont know anyone that can not stop smoking weed and is literally smoking himself retarded... if so good for you.
Haha if it was so bad I'm pretty sure our roots of our country wouldn't have been brought up by it. What's the original flag made of? And what kind of paper was our constitution written on?

Can you honestly say that the US brought back the lesser of the two "evils".

And I have a buddy who smoked everyday for three years, and recently decided to quit. Just like that. He stopped. It's sad that you think it's an addiction because weak minded Americans become DEPENDANT on anything. Not even a "drug" or alcohol. Take away McDonald's from some of you fat assess and see how quickly people start busting a nut over it.

Quick Reply: So cannabis is now legal for recreational use in WA and CO...