So cannabis is now legal for recreational use in WA and CO...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
So cannabis is now legal for recreational use in WA and CO...

No reason the whole nation shouldn't follow suit. It's amazing to me when I hear people lobbying against cannabis (Medical and recreational), yet those same people have a liquor cabinet fully stocked back at their house... I hate double standards.

Cannabis is non toxic, you can't die from using too much. If you do overdose, you'll probably laugh and fall asleep.

Alcohol on the other hand... Lets put it this way, I clean with alcohol. I use 91% rubbing alcohol to clean almost everything. It works better than bleach, and it will literally kill ANYTHING. It's poison, yet it remains legal and socially accepted to drink and consume.

Sorry to rag on booze so badly... I think alcohol is fine as long as it's in moderation, just like anything else. I just don't get the whole negative stigma with cannabis. It's ridiculous.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:53 AM

Car Info: 17 WRX
Couldn't agree with you more
Old 11-07-2012, 11:55 AM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Everyone agrees with you lol. Everyone!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 11:57 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
GROW MORE POT!

I don't even really smoke anymore but I am still for legal recreational use.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:59 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by LOL VTEC
Everyone agrees with you lol. Everyone!!!
Its amazing how many people share these opinions and yet the laws are still opposed.

-- Ed
Old 11-07-2012, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by queeg9k
GROW MORE POT!

I don't even really smoke anymore but I am still for legal recreational use.
There really isn't a reason that it shouldn't be legalized in all 50 states for recreational use.

Funny thing is one of the biggest lobbyists for keeping it illegal are the Mexican drug cartels! How will they make money?

Crazy how many people are in our jail/prison systems just for non-violent cannabis offenses. Lame.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:01 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
Originally Posted by brucelee
No reason the whole nation shouldn't follow suit. It's amazing to me when I hear people lobbying against cannabis (Medical and recreational), yet those same people have a liquor cabinet fully stocked back at their house... I hate double standards.

Cannabis is non toxic, you can't die from using too much. If you do overdose, you'll probably laugh and fall asleep.

Alcohol on the other hand... Lets put it this way, I clean with alcohol. I use 91% rubbing alcohol to clean almost everything. It works better than bleach, and it will literally kill ANYTHING. It's poison, yet it remains legal and socially accepted to drink and consume.

Sorry to rag on booze so badly... I think alcohol is fine as long as it's in moderation, just like anything else. I just don't get the whole negative stigma with cannabis. It's ridiculous.
AMEN. and what about functionality. how easy is it to communicate/deal with drunk rather than a cann user. and hell, in my book, anything that is refined through machinery by man, chemically altered, etc is a drug. this is a topic that brings so much debate as well as positive feedback on the uses and still it remains shunned apon? ugh. until then.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:01 PM

Old 11-07-2012, 12:08 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

I think one of the biggest issues that doesn't get talked about much is that there is no reliable method for measuring current intoxication levels on cannabis. This becomes an issue with DUI's. AFAIK the only thing they can currently do is a blood test, but that only reveals if an individual has used in the past 30 days. All they could rely on at that point is a subjective evaluation or a field sobriety test to test for coordination and such. I think this is still one of the biggest barriers to full legalization.

-- Ed
Old 11-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Technical Know-It-All

Car Info: '02 WRX + '15 WRX
Originally Posted by brucelee
Not all of us. I don't drink either. I'm ok with medical use, but only legitimate medical application, not the "medical use" being practiced right now. And only licensed corporate facilities should be able to grow it, not Bob C. Grow in his backyard. It should he handled like a more secure prescription medicine and not freely dispensed.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:12 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by Brfatal
Not all of us. I don't drink either. I'm ok with medical use, but only legitimate medical application, not the "medical use" being practiced right now. And only licensed corporate facilities should be able to grow it, not Bob C. Grow in his backyard. It should he handled like a more secure prescription medicine and not freely dispensed.
Do you think alcohol should only be used for medical applications as well?

-- Ed
Old 11-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Technical Know-It-All

Car Info: '02 WRX + '15 WRX
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
Do you think alcohol should only be used for medical applications as well?

-- Ed
Honestly it wouldn't bug me in the least if that were made into law.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:13 PM

You don't drink but do you feel that alcohol should be outlawed? Why do you feel marijuana should not be legal for recreational use?
Old 11-07-2012, 12:16 PM

Car Info: '06 CGM STI
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
I think one of the biggest issues that doesn't get talked about much is that there is no reliable method for measuring current intoxication levels on cannabis. This becomes an issue with DUI's. AFAIK the only thing they can currently do is a blood test, but that only reveals if an individual has used in the past 30 days. All they could rely on at that point is a subjective evaluation or a field sobriety test to test for coordination and such. I think this is still one of the biggest barriers to full legalization.

-- Ed
Ed has a super-valid point here.
I'd also like to see EXACTLY where the money from the taxation of the product would go. SO much tax money get washed away in the system and its never seen spent where it was designated. That, or its a minute percentage...like the lottery money in California...
SO much red tape...<sigh>
Old 11-07-2012, 12:19 PM

Coming fro a non drinker, I respect your opinion but you're def in the minority. We tried banning alcohol, remember how that went? Look at the mess that's been made due to the prohibition of cannabis. Overflowing jails, blood wars across our borders... All for what? Something harmless that makes people happy?

Have you tried cannabis before? Or are you just making that statement based on what you were taught as a kid?

Quick Reply: So cannabis is now legal for recreational use in WA and CO...