Got tolove my school.
or
Got love for my school.

They are failing you
Old 05-10-2013, 03:48 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
What if the girl initiated the contact and then got pissed that he wouldnt change her grade? Not saying thats what happened but clearly without actual proof, its just he said she said.
This!

Also isnt plagiarism grounds for expulsion?
Old 05-10-2013, 04:03 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by sigma pi
This!

Also isnt plagiarism grounds for expulsion?
explusion from a first offence of plagiary seems harsh. I know for a fact (personal and anecdotal) that UC's don't usually do it, can't say for SJSU though. But yes, it is entirely possible that she did, in fact, initiate sexual contact. I just don't know why the professor isn't trying to defend himself more publicly,
Old 05-10-2013, 04:10 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by w0ng3r
explusion from a first offence of plagiary seems harsh. I know for a fact (personal and anecdotal) that UC's don't usually do it, can't say for SJSU though. But yes, it is entirely possible that she did, in fact, initiate sexual contact. I just don't know why the professor isn't trying to defend himself more publicly,
In our society, having a vagina = victim. He'd be wasting his breath.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:16 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by tecnica tech
got love my school

San Jo , Land of the Jo's (ho's)

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
What if the girl initiated the contact and then got pissed that he wouldnt change her grade? Not saying thats what happened but clearly without actual proof, its just he said she said.
Originally Posted by PikkaGTR
I agree a he said she said between 2 people without anywitnesses can be very hard to determine who was in the right

Couldnt she just scream out loud? im sure someone would hear it even if its a "secluded" part of the area

why wait until after he started to touch her to leave or run out? why give him the opportunity to "block" the stairs?

If this was me I would have slapped him and ran out screaming
there are always 2 sides to the story and it takes 2 coins to jingle in my pocket
Originally Posted by Lowend
+1
Not to mention her BS excuse for plagiarism.

There's no requirement for this professor to speak to the press. NBC is being irresponsible for implying the guy is guilty just because he won't talk to them.

It's also Chicken**** to publish the professors' name and not his accusers. They don't have any problem ruining his reputation...

I agree with ALL of this. I mean, it shouldn't take an idiot to know that someone is about to conduct some sexual acts towards you, there are obvious signs. Girls usually over estimate it before it even escalates to that point, I don't know wtf she was thinking or doing at the time.

Secondly, yea the news media has to shame one reputation at least,..... and since the victim is playing damsel in distress, it is much easier to take out the professor in this situation (backed on the basis of so many teacher and student relationships in the media before). Sounds like NBC doesn't know the law..... You don't have to talk to anyone. He doesn't have to talk to them or anything, and I feel he dealt with it just fine by declining their questions. I don't see how talking to them will help him anyways. The media always chops up the whole interview and only airs the most sensitive parts mentioned. It is very biased, no matter who's actual fault it is, NBC already jumped the lined and pointed the spot light on the professor and implying that he is guilty when they only had one side of the story.

So whether the student did come on to the professor, and it didn't work or did and some sexual activities may have occurred. Maybe the professor was being an *** hole and said okay I took advantage of you, now I won't change your grade. Then she got mad, and maybe thats the mentioning of "I will change your grade to a B- because that is the right thing to do." Or it could have happened any other way....... regardless, the story started very weak with reasoning and NBC only aired the most incriminating parts mentioned.

Now aside from that, lets take a step back. Her reason is that she claims the paper was NOT plagiarized, she just improperly did the citations?? Are you ****ing kidding me *****?!??!?! This is another issue Im outraged about, I have fellow classmates that are in the same type of upper division classes with me..... that DO NOT KNOW how to properly cite sources on their work or term papers. It was on a day where a case analysis was due for our class, and this girl in my group asked the teachers aide "hey is this how you cite this? What does _______ Citations mean?" as if she was clueless to what MLA and other formats are. A question like that SHOULD NEVER come out of a students mouth in such a class. Ideally, you are NOT eligible to take upper division courses that require prerequisites such as English 1A, and 1B, and COMM 100W/B and the WST before you get to take these classes. BUT the registration protocols do not comply with prerequisites, so students are able to sign up for upper division classes to speed up their academic process, while still being illiterate towards composing a proper paper. **** that, get out of here and leave those seats to those who deserve it and are actually intelligent enough to enroll. I am just stating generally, and not specifically to the class that is in question here. It seems it is a KIN class and might not be upper division, but an elective. If that IS the case, ***** you need to learn how to write properly, then maybe you wouldn't have been in this mess in the first place. I never had any problems or incidents with plagiarism out of all the years I've been in school, whether the professor used those online plagiarism tools or something else.

In short......... there's a lot of incapable students attending SJSU and taking classes they are NOT capable of or supposed to be in.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:17 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Vagina needs to keep ti closed and nice and covered.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
Got tolove my school.
or
Got love for my school.

They are failing you
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Engrish isn't his first language.

Originally Posted by w0ng3r

He doesn't need to defend himself publicly thats the whole point. What is stated on paper on the investigation is more legitimate and important than what he tries to persuade the public to believe. I wouldn't waste time with that.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:18 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by pho_shizzle

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Engrish isn't his first language.

He doesn't need to defend himself publicly thats the whole point. What is stated on paper on the investigation is more legitimate and important than what he tries to persuade the public to believe. I wouldn't waste time with that.
I completely agree with you. I thought everyone knows to NOT talk to the news, guilty or innocent.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:09 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Now aside from that, lets take a step back. Her reason is that she claims the paper was NOT plagiarized, she just improperly did the citations?? Are you ****ing kidding me *****?!??!?! This is another issue Im outraged about, I have fellow classmates that are in the same type of upper division classes with me..... that DO NOT KNOW how to properly cite sources on their work or term papers. It was on a day where a case analysis was due for our class, and this girl in my group asked the teachers aide "hey is this how you cite this? What does _______ Citations mean?" as if she was clueless to what MLA and other formats are. A question like that SHOULD NEVER come out of a students mouth in such a class. Ideally, you are NOT eligible to take upper division courses that require prerequisites such as English 1A, and 1B, and COMM 100W/B and the WST before you get to take these classes. BUT the registration protocols do not comply with prerequisites, so students are able to sign up for upper division classes to speed up their academic process, while still being illiterate towards composing a proper paper. **** that, get out of here and leave those seats to those who deserve it and are actually intelligent enough to enroll. I am just stating generally, and not specifically to the class that is in question here. It seems it is a KIN class and might not be upper division, but an elective. If that IS the case, ***** you need to learn how to write properly, then maybe you wouldn't have been in this mess in the first place. I never had any problems or incidents with plagiarism out of all the years I've been in school, whether the professor used those online plagiarism tools or something else.

In short......... there's a lot of incapable students attending SJSU and taking classes they are NOT capable of or supposed to be in.

I'm sure with a rant like that, you've looked at how many remedial classes are offered at 4 year colleges, and how many students are taking those classes. I thought I'd just point out facts to help support how many idiots are in college.

I've never understood how schools can have "high standards" for students with grades and SATs, yet still have 20 something sections for college algebra (or high school algebra 2). I know a professor who has almost 70% of her students retaking college algebra. And no, she's not a bad professor.

Back to the thread topic (might start another debate...): As a male educator (currently have my teaching credential, starting my masters), I'm scared to death of stories like this. For all we know, this guy did nothing wrong. However, in the eyes of the public, because he doesn't have a vagina, he must be in the aggressor. As an educator, I would love for schools to implement security cameras in each classroom. Proof that the lazy teachers are lazy, the misbehaved students are misbehaving, good teachers are doing their jobs, and no more he said she said whenever these cases come up.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:19 PM

^Then you can also record how many students are on facebook most of the time.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:21 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
I'm sure with a rant like that, you've looked at how many remedial classes are offered at 4 year colleges
OOOOH **** just got REAL
Old 05-10-2013, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Gancherov
OOOOH **** just got REAL
Why did it get real?

Is it not obvious enough already that there are way more remedial and GE courses over upper division core and major classes?
Old 05-10-2013, 06:48 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Why did it get real?

Is it not obvious enough already that there are way more remedial and GE courses over upper division core and major classes?
lol, same reaction here.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:11 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
I'm sure with a rant like that, you've looked at how many remedial classes are offered at 4 year colleges, and how many students are taking those classes. I thought I'd just point out facts to help support how many idiots are in college.

I've never understood how schools can have "high standards" for students with grades and SATs, yet still have 20 something sections for college algebra (or high school algebra 2). I know a professor who has almost 70% of her students retaking college algebra. And no, she's not a bad professor.

Back to the thread topic (might start another debate...): As a male educator (currently have my teaching credential, starting my masters), I'm scared to death of stories like this. For all we know, this guy did nothing wrong. However, in the eyes of the public, because he doesn't have a vagina, he must be in the aggressor. As an educator, I would love for schools to implement security cameras in each classroom. Proof that the lazy teachers are lazy, the misbehaved students are misbehaving, good teachers are doing their jobs, and no more he said she said whenever these cases come up.
Dat Male Educator, gettin dual credentials next month after a 7 quarter program. Where ya work at and whats your masters in?
Old 05-10-2013, 07:31 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Dat Male Educator, gettin dual credentials next month after a 7 quarter program. Where ya work at and whats your masters in?
ITS A TRAP! newly tenured professor has illicit affair with male student!

Quick Reply: SJSU Professor Admits to Misconduct, University Doesn't Do Crap About it