SFPD to start cracking down on loud bikes (finally)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 03:35 AM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Cops already have the power to pull over anything they want for any reason. This is a concentrated effort in a specific locale.

Yes, ride like you're invisible. But, sometimes even the most cautious rider tastes the pavement. I'll take any advantage I can get.

Since when do HDs come with straight pipes from the factory? Those noisemakers are all aftermarket. Listen to a LEO HD, thats the sound of a factory HD.

Well if cops already pull over anything they want for any reason, I wouldn't to give then another reason or excuse to pull me over. And I guess I've never heard a stock HD But I guess your right, in stock form those loud HD should sound like my bike.

Last edited by sammae01; 05-31-2009 at 03:43 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:40 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
I wonder how many people complaining in here about bike volume also happen to have a loud exhaust on their car.

If it's above the legal noise limit, the operator should be ticketed, regardless of vehicle type. I had Termis on my last Ducati and it was still below the legal limit -- and those are loud ****ing pipes.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:45 AM

Car Info: '14 Wrx Hatchback
When you have to roll your windows up at a stoplight to carry on a conversation with your passangers it's waayyyyyy to loud, if our cars were that loud we would be having our cars towed. Now they have super loud stereos to go along with what i think is the most annoying sound it should be a noise voilation.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:50 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
I used to enjoy the sound of my blitz nur spec r but these days i really enjoy the quiet side of having my tribeca.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
I wonder how many people complaining in here about bike volume also happen to have a loud exhaust on their car.

If it's above the legal noise limit, the operator should be ticketed, regardless of vehicle type. I had Termis on my last Ducati and it was still below the legal limit -- and those are loud ****ing pipes.
I have a Cobb catback, quiet. I also don't go WOT/let's the RPMs stay up high in residential areas.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:11 PM

Location: My lugnuts require more torque then your Honda makes
Car Info: 05 WRX
I ride a Harley Sportster 1200r and have V&H Slipons. ::FLAME ON:: However I'm not one of those guys that go WOT during residential/business areas and rev during the stoplights/stop sights.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:29 PM

Car Info: 85 MR2 & 89 Alltrac Camry
I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that if a loud bike is next to you it's hard to hear sirens from a emergency vehicle coming.

There is a huge pack of these yuppies in downtown Pleasanton who make it quite annoying to hear the passengers in your car when you drive next to them. I won't miss them.

I also wish they would start cracking down on those POS cars with 24 inch rims blasting down the 580 at 100mph on my commute home from work. BTW none of my cars have loud exhausts & I make room for motorcycles on my commute every morning (my first motorcycle was a Honda 50).
Old 05-31-2009, 01:13 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Lets see some Db readings on the SFPD "hogs".
Old 05-31-2009, 01:52 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Originally Posted by STiForFun
Lets see some Db readings on the SFPD "hogs".
They're very, very quiet. My stock Kawi 636 makes more noise at WOT, at 10k+ rpm's than those HD police and CHP bikes.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by vodka
They're very, very quiet. My stock Kawi 636 makes more noise at WOT, at 10k+ rpm's than those HD police and CHP bikes.

lol most sports bike that are capable of beyond 10k rpm are loud at that range, even when stock. My buddy who recently attending a track day at Leguna Seca which has noise restriction of 92db and was getting dinged for noise violation on his stock GSXR 1k, and the sound restriction are suppose to restrict people with aftermarket exhaust
Old 06-01-2009, 02:19 AM

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I believe it perfectly applies to this thread.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:09 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
haha i also had a honda 50 for my first

Originally Posted by Sandra
I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that if a loud bike is next to you it's hard to hear sirens from a emergency vehicle coming.

There is a huge pack of these yuppies in downtown Pleasanton who make it quite annoying to hear the passengers in your car when you drive next to them. I won't miss them.

I also wish they would start cracking down on those POS cars with 24 inch rims blasting down the 580 at 100mph on my commute home from work. BTW none of my cars have loud exhausts & I make room for motorcycles on my commute every morning (my first motorcycle was a Honda 50).
Old 06-01-2009, 01:23 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I could care less how loud a motorcycle is. I could care less how loud a car is.

No one is getting killed because of some loud exhaust.

but hell... it's a law and the leo's are doing their jobs.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:43 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by saqwarrior

haha ive got a borla hush cbe only
Old 06-01-2009, 05:52 PM
banned

Car Info: Honda RVT RC51
Originally Posted by sammae01
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I believe it perfectly applies to this thread.

Adam is the man!

I hate all these middle aged, john travolta wild hogs wannabe ********* riding around on their chromed out Harleys. Mother****ers really can't ride for ****. I saw one of these idiots go down after clipping a truck while trying to split lanes. Haha

Quick Reply: SFPD to start cracking down on loud bikes (finally)