SFO Parking

Old 06-05-2011, 10:42 PM

Car Info: EQ Tuned * Corn Juiced '05 WRX
SFO Parking

Hey guys!

I'm flying down to Texas this Thursday out of SFO (the cheapest place I could find on short notice. I usually fly anywhere from OAK).

I'm just wondering if you guys know of any safe yet affordable parking places when I can leave my car for a couple days until I come back late sunday night/early monday morning 1245AM?

I've looked online for cheap parking at SFO but most of the searches keep directing me to places like travelodge and places like that. It said parking for 3 days and 10 hours or something close to that time is only $28. Not sure how that works but I don't want to take a chance. Any idea how much it would cost me to park at the long term parking?

Do you think it would be cheaper to have my mom drive me to SFO rather than park my car there? I could always take BART to SFO but when I arrive back in SFO at 1245AM, I don't want to have my mom drive by herself for about 1 hour at night.

Thanks in advance for your responses! =]
Old 06-05-2011, 11:06 PM

Car Info: @eatwithnaveed
my best advice to you bro is to just have someone take you and drop you off.. usually those places are parking garages, and a lot of thieves lurk around those kind of areas cause they know that people leave the cars there for long periods of times and security is careless...
Old 06-05-2011, 11:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I agree, even if reimbursing someone for gas for drop off and pick up is a little more expensive, you'll have peace of mind not leaving your car in a garage.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:16 PM

specially with your car. its very attention happy =)
Old 06-05-2011, 11:23 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Have a friend drop you off at bart on your way out, and because of your arrival time, have a friend pick you up at SFO. I would hate to leave my car at an airport parking.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I feel I should also mention this option: $190+tip round trip for a town car to pick you up and drop you off
Old 06-06-2011, 12:05 AM

take a taxi? i know alot of the smaller taxi cab places will give you a flat rate from livermore to sf?
Old 06-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
SFO longterm is only $14 bucks a day, if you think thats expensive to park anywhere around SFO and get a ride to and from your car, you should probably just get a ride to the airport.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:06 AM

Haha, does the town car service include heated seats, in-ride movies, and gourmet popcorn?

One of my best friend's is the person I asked first but he won't be done with finals until that day anyways, so he's a no go. I guess I have no choice but to have my mom drop me off at Dublin BART and pick me up at SFO then.

Is SFO really that bad of a place to park in long term? I could always bring my AP and put it in valet..lol. I don't doubt you guys, just wondering
Old 06-06-2011, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by DarkJuic3b0x

Is SFO really that bad of a place to park in long term? I could always bring my AP and put it in valet..lol. I don't doubt you guys, just wondering
No, its not a bad place at all, where did you get that idea? And whats that about valet? theres no valet parking, you just park it and take a free shuttle to and from your terminal.

Yeah, if your stressing about it so much you should probably just have your mom drop you off at bart, it drops you off right at the airport, its pretty much a no brainer if you live anywhere near a bart station, and then just take the bart back to dublin, you'll probably even get there faster than driving.

BTW, where are you going to in TX?
Old 06-06-2011, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Krinkov
No, its not a bad place at all, where did you get that idea? And whats that about valet? theres no valet parking, you just park it and take a free shuttle to and from your terminal.

Yeah, if your stressing about it so much you should probably just have your mom drop you off at bart, it drops you off right at the airport, its pretty much a no brainer if you live anywhere near a bart station, and then just take the bart back to dublin, you'll probably even get there faster than driving.

BTW, where are you going to in TX?
HAHA, I would NEVER let some valet person drive my car, NEVER EVER NEVER NEVER NEVER!!! =] I meant bring along my AccessPort and put the valet map on or w/e it is called that disables startup.

From what I can gather from everyone else's responses so far, SFO is a no go for long term parking, but I may have to check it out tho. I wouldn't be able to take BART back because my flight arrives in SFO at 1245AM and I believe last BART from SFO is about 10PMish.

Austin, TX
Old 06-06-2011, 02:08 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
nm reading>me. I have no input on this lol. only flown from sac, not sfo.

Last edited by dTek; 06-06-2011 at 02:08 AM. Reason: herpderp
Old 06-06-2011, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by DarkJuic3b0x
HAHA, I would NEVER let some valet person drive my car, NEVER EVER NEVER NEVER NEVER!!! =] I meant bring along my AccessPort and put the valet map on or w/e it is called that disables startup.

From what I can gather from everyone else's responses so far, SFO is a no go for long term parking, but I may have to check it out tho. I wouldn't be able to take BART back because my flight arrives in SFO at 1245AM and I believe last BART from SFO is about 10PMish.

Austin, TX
yeah no bart that late but also google it, we would always find half price SFO long term parking coupons online, then its just $7 a day, and its a very safe parking, monitored and very bust 24/7, hell Ive seen Bentleys there when i parked there. g'luck!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:42 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
id let you park it outside my house lol
Old 06-06-2011, 09:22 AM

I used SkyPark last time when I went to Vegas. They have an indoor parking lot and an outdoor one, but it's valet parking. You can choose whether u want outdoor or indoor parking. Outdoor is $14/day and indoor is $16/day with a coupon. They will have a free shuttle ready for you if you tell them what time you'll be coming, so no waiting. Free coffee and doughnuts as well They are on 1000 San Mateo Ave in San Bruno, which is only a 5 min drive to the airport. When you come back, all u do is call them and they will send a free shuttle for you.

www.skypark.com
http://www.skypark.com/faq

Last edited by TurnWRX; 06-06-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SFO Parking