Rosette off the streets ? ! ? ! ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 06:32 PM

Car Info: 180sx super drift machine!
Originally Posted by AWD 20T
OMG a cop who does his job and cites people for ILLEGAL modifications is off the streets! It's about time! We don't want cops to cite us for breaking the law! YAY! You gotta pay to play, if you don't want him to **** with you, drive your car stock.
You may just be stirring the ish, but your right.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:54 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Ex-ricer
You may just be stirring the ish, but your right.

you apparently have never had a rosette incounter. I've been around fremont 7 years. I used to work at a gas station when I first moved here. He was bad enough that I'd warn my customers when I knew rosette was out. He'd pull over a car..stand on the side of the road and pull 3 more over while he was standing there.

but he loves to mess with kids. Stereotype central. I know an asian cat that got pulled over in an Si a few years back. Not stock..but all mods were 100% legal. He got pulled over for going too SLOW. he was looking for an address and rolling down a res street at about 15-20mph. Rosette put "streetracer" on top of his ticket so if he took it to court the judge would see it.

street racer...going to slow...right...

I don't mind cops doing their job. even other cops don't like rosette.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I don't mind cops doing their job. even other cops don't like rosette.

I second that ...
Old 02-13-2005, 08:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 wrx, 05 Elise, 14 Impreza, 17 brz coming soon
rosette got me for headlights, cats, and modified exhaust(hks). its all good but when u talk to this guy hes hella rude and assumes too much. he also tries his best to make fun of you and your car lol. wow and my friend got pulled over by him when he was parking in the parking space at the fremont courthouse for tailights being altezaish or sumthing? fergot.. i just dont like his attitude and negative responses thats all.. the cop that gave me speeding ticket was pretty cool~i almost said thank u lol.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:57 PM

Car Info: 180sx super drift machine!
I didn't say anything about him being an ***, just that he's doing his job. Albeit, he may be an *** about it, but no coin has one side
Old 02-13-2005, 08:58 PM

Car Info: Nadda
After getting pulled twice by him I can only say that I'm happy. The only thing that bugs is me is that even if he's on "Some other assignment" he still pulls over young import drivers. Sure we pay to play, but I bet if I was in some other city I would still have my mods on my car without a ticket. Hell.. with mods on my car I used to drive speedlimit, being stock I can crank a buck 20 on the freeway and not trip.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
friends would tell me he'd pull out the measuring tape and write you a ticket on how big your exhaust is

-Ave
Old 02-14-2005, 08:09 AM

Car Info: Its a gross polluter : (
lol, thats pretty funny how one cop has that much impact on iclub.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:08 AM

Car Info: '12 STI
It's not just on I-club, he is an internationally known member of the Fremont community.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:38 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by ubercaff
It's not just on I-club, he is an internationally known member of the Fremont community.
Actually I've seen his name twice in Import Magazines about what a dick head he is and how he pulls modders over. And I don't read that many magazines, maybe once ever half a year...

I'm sure he's on other boards too, WRX craze only began a couple years ago. I'm sure he's been lurking on Honda's and whatever else that has an import logo.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:06 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Actually I've seen his name twice in Import Magazines about what a dick head he is and how he pulls modders over. And I don't read that many magazines, maybe once ever half a year...

I'm sure he's on other boards too, WRX craze only began a couple years ago. I'm sure he's been lurking on Honda's and whatever else that has an import logo.

it's not just imports..though that is his favorite...and he's a self named expert in illegal modifications. He will bust out the mirror on you.

But shoot...look at my buddy...1963 bel air is about as far from an import as you can get.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:07 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally Posted by Ex-ricer
I didn't say anything about him being an ***, just that he's doing his job. Albeit, he may be an *** about it, but no coin has one side
No, there is a difference between "doing his job" and ABUSING his authority.....I grew up in fremont, and he has been giving drivers h3ll for 12+ years, that I can remember....he wrote my buddy a ticket years ago for having "uncovered off road lights" on his truck, and they weren't even wired up, plus his light bar was folded down facing the roof of his truck, and the d|ck STILL wrote him a ticket!

So anyone that doesnt know Rosette, his reputation, or have lived in Fremont, doesnt know what they are talking about....Rosette is NOT just doing his job.....he blatantly abuses his authority, and will throw it back into your face, then talk sh|t to your face about how you cant do crap about it.

-Ted
Old 02-14-2005, 11:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: some silver thing
Found some interesting read :

http://www.sromagazine.com/article/debunk/

Many of us have heard the rumors, the stories, the words that have given so many of us bay area racers hope, not to mention the rest of us here in California; "Greddy sued some such or other police department and won."

However, many of you know the truth, that the 50 state legal certificates that come with your Greddy exhaust systems are worthless except in the court of law. And only then after you have taken time off from work or school to go into court and contest your ill begotten fix it ticket. How many times have you tried to show the ticketing officer your 50 state legal certificate and been accused of "trying to get smart" or been told "show it to the ref or judge?" For many that visit this site, it has been to often to count.
anyone care to email Officer J. Rosette?? heh..

jrosette@ci.fremont.ca.us
Old 02-14-2005, 11:30 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I have a friend that works for the PD... he says he gets along with almost every cop at the PD, except for that *******.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:44 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by brucelee
I have a friend that works for the PD... he says he gets along with almost every cop at the PD, except for that *******.
Same here/exempt he's an upstanding christian so he wouldn't say *******..haa.

Quick Reply: Rosette off the streets ? ! ? ! ?