rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 01:04 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I doubt the gapers will wonder too far from home. They like the touristy (cool) spots like flatstar and heavenly. But yeah crowds will probably go up a little bit because of the shared passes.

As for black out dates... I don't think they can alter the pass you currently have. And in the future it'll be like any other pass... unlimited is unlimited. Just cost more.

Gapers are everywhere. They've started to ramp up their existence at Bear Valley too. I came so close to hitting this dude last weekend that I put my face about 8 inches from his ear and yelled at him to take is f'ing headphones off. The dude didn't even look at me. I honestly don't think he saw me at all. If I had hit him it woulda been ugly as I was going about 35mph and I saw him and would have been shoulder down at him.

And on Bear Valley it's noticeable. I keep seeing people getting off chairs that have no business off the bunny slope. The "park" is crowded with people that can't even ski/board their way down without plowing. And I'm seeing people plowing through areas that used to be set aside for the more advanced folks. And now the dumb asses are marking my secret stashes and I'm having to guide idiots out. I'm gonna start leaving people out there. Morons. If you can't ski and don't know where you're going.... stay on the groomers.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:31 PM

Car Info: 2011 swp WRX
kirkwood has been for sale for a while now, I used to work at northstar and Vail buying northstar wasn't bad at all and I don't think I wanted any other out of state big corporation resorts buying kirkwood other than Vail, they have some strict weird policies like helmets for all employees and those stupid safety bars at all time and coop probably has to cut his hair.... but overall it means new parking lots and faster lifts..
and I don't think a person who takes his family to northstar and stays at ritz will be coming to kirkwood too many times... If someone was a "kirkwood person" they would've bought kirkwood pass... so I'm not worried at all.. at least now we can go enjoy some fresh artificial snow at the star and kirkwood will get some new snowmaking machines for god's sake!!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:49 PM

Car Info: Bagged 2014 STi
I got a season pass for sale your choice is Kirkwood or Heavenly/Northstar for $200 I am only selling one of the two since I have no use for one of them now. PM me
Old 02-22-2012, 06:46 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by FRAWSTI
I got a season pass for sale your choice is Kirkwood or Heavenly/Northstar for $200 I am only selling one of the two since I have no use for one of them now. PM me
If it's from when you bought your car I think you have to register them within a certain amount of time after the purchase if you want a different name. Otherwise they're under your name...

Could be wrong.

But you might consider dropping a line to Cliff. I know he smashed to kirkwood a lot.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:48 PM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
too me, it just sounds like Kirkwoods prices are going to go up..

Anyways..

Was at Sierra at tahoe, and It was fantastic!, however, as mentioned, once noon hit, the snow melted and became mushy. And due to this, my edge caught a lot, as some sections became deep pockets of water. about 3-5inch of water.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:53 AM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
Official Big 3 Press Release

Kirkwood joins the Vail Resorts Family! | EpicPass.com
Old 02-28-2012, 09:35 AM

Car Info: 07 specB
dumping the good stuff in Tahoe kids. Friday is gonna be 2-3ft bluebird! still gotta watch that coverage but way better than what weve had! go get it!

ill be at Squaw Fri if anybody wants to join....
Old 02-28-2012, 09:39 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by scoo*B
dumping the good stuff in Tahoe kids. Friday is gonna be 2-3ft bluebird! still gotta watch that coverage but way better than what weve had! go get it!

ill be at Squaw Fri if anybody wants to join....
Friday is gonna be the best day of the season so far.

Where are you seeing 2-3 feet though? That's awesome!

Unfortunately I work on Friday. I think... haaaa. If I'm not working I'll be at Bear Valley on Friday. Then I'll probably be back on Sunday.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Moving back to the Bay, and I gave away my snows on Sunday so you can thank me for all the fresh powder! Ha..
Old 02-28-2012, 11:07 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX, 06 Evo IX MR, now 2010 STi
I'm going to try to get Friday off so I can hit up Kirkwood for a 3 day weekend. But, I'll be there Saturday and Sunday for sure.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:59 PM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
I took Friday off already. But I am on the fence as to where I want to go. I may have to ride solo, since all of my friends are homo's. So I was going to go to Dodge Ridge. But I also have a free voucher for Kirkwood. Come on guys, help a brotha out. Where should I go?
Old 02-28-2012, 02:39 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
so ready for Saturday!!! all this snow will lead to an epic shreading day! I know a large group of us will be at kirkwood on saturday!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:53 PM

Car Info: Frankenstein 02' PBP STi :P (RIP) 2016 WRX
I wish my pass worked at Kirkwood on Saturdays!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:12 PM

Car Info: Roxie.
Taking the Suby out this Sunday. hitting up Sierra at Tahoe, if not, Kirkwood.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:30 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Finally going up! Sat at Heavenly (not my choice but I can get a room there for the gf).

Hopefully the civic will make it up!

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.